The sober, trained armed Amercian Patriot citizen

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: The sober, trained armed Amercian Patriot citizen

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:My only nitpick with this thread is the use of the term American Patriot citizen. Just because she carried a concealed weapon and used it to defend herself does not make her any more or less patriotic than you or I. In fact, for all you or I know, she could be a member of the Communist Party or the KKK.
You are right, you don't have to be armed to be an American Patriot citizen. Her action is patriotic as far as I'm concerned, although I guess she could be a bad apple too. One thing is for sure, there are millions and millions of citizens and illegals living in the USA that are not Patriotic.
What definition of Patriotic are you using?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

In this environment, the fastest way to get sensible gun laws passed would be a highly publicized national movement for all American Muslim citizens to arm themselves.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Bubba wrote:My only nitpick with this thread is the use of the term American Patriot citizen. Just because she carried a concealed weapon and used it to defend herself does not make her any more or less patriotic than you or I. In fact, for all you or I know, she could be a member of the Communist Party or the KKK.
You are right, you don't have to be armed to be an American Patriot citizen. Her action is patriotic as far as I'm concerned, although I guess she could be a bad apple too. One thing is for sure, there are millions and millions of citizens and illegals living in the USA that are not Patriotic.
In what way is defending yourself against a criminal "patriotic"?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Standing up to oppression is an American virtue. The country was founded standing up to oppression with arms.

Manchester is really a shi$hole. Crime is out of control good for her. :like
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
In what way is defending yourself against a criminal "patriotic"?
In this case she got a rodent scum off the streets, that's patriotic in itself. She also exercised her constitutional right to keep and bear arms; that's truly patriotic. She also defended herself without help from the government or the police, neither one can be there at all times to protect us. The founding fathers knew it and that is one reason why the second amendment exist. Too bad there are so many fools like B.O. and Clinton and all the rest of them that can't comprehend this.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

freeski wrote:Standing up to oppression is an American virtue. The country was founded standing up to oppression with arms.

Manchester is really a shi$hole. Crime is out of control good for her. :like
Freeski have you ever heard of Litchfield Lane in Manchester? It's a narrow one way street that goes from Pine Street to Belmont Street and between Lake and Central Streets-about 10 blocks. This is right in the middle of Manchester. I had to go there last summer on a real hot day. I thought I was in Mexico, it's a run down crappy street behind all the apartment houses garbage, broken cars, chop shops, drug dealers, whores; I was fearing for my life driving down it. The looks I was getting was clear..........get the f---k out of here, you don't belong here. Real bad.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

You are a serious pussy if Litchfield scares you. That's a freaking gated community compared to a true ghetto.

No wonder you feel the need to be armed.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

deadheadskier wrote:You are a serious pussy if Litchfield scares you. That's a freaking gated community compared to a true ghetto.

Yea, why don't you go walking down that street, say between 11 pm and 3 am, after the addicts have run out of money and drugs.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

No, but am familiar with the area. All of the crime is moving north from Lawrence and Lowell. It's been slowly entering Concord. Open drug dealing, prostitution and welfare. There are definitely parts of Manchvegas I avoid.

edit: Also a lot of gun crimes. That's when you know you have a real crime problem.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

freeski wrote:No, but am familiar with the area. All of the crime is moving north from Lawrence and Lowell. It's been slowly entering Concord. Open drug dealing, prostitution and welfare. There are definitely parts of Manchvegas I avoid.

edit: Also a lot of gun crimes. That's when you know you have a real crime problem.
How do you like the Concord Main Street do over? I haven't even been down it yet, did it turn out nice-worth the money spent?
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:You are a serious pussy if Litchfield scares you. That's a freaking gated community compared to a true ghetto.

Yea, why don't you go walking down that street, say between 11 pm and 3 am, after the addicts have run out of money and drugs.
I have been through that neighborhood after concerts at the Verizon during those hours of night while walking to a friends place near the Elliot. I'm not saying it's the nicest neighborhood. I'm not saying I'd want my wife walking through those streets at those hours. But, it's seriously nothing compared to a true ghetto. I'm guessing you're a little scared of minorities who dress differently than you do. You as a grown man should have no fear walking through there. Police station is only blocks away and they patrol heavily.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

About half of main street is complete so you can get a good idea of how it going to look. It looks nice, a lot of granite nice street lights. However, was it worth $8.5 million? Nope.

As far as Manchester, there are no crack houses yet, but there are definitely some dangerous neighborhoods. Some of the worst right near the police Dept.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Coydog wrote:In this environment, the fastest way to get sensible gun laws passed would be a highly publicized national movement for all American Muslim citizens to arm themselves.
Good one! I'm surprised nobody commented on this.

I wonder what our right wing gun nuts in the US would do if that happened.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

freeski wrote:About half of main street is complete so you can get a good idea of how it going to look. It looks nice, a lot of granite nice street lights. However, was it worth $8.5 million? Nope.
How can you definitively say it wasn't worth it when it's not finished?
freeski wrote: As far as Manchester, there are no crack houses yet, but there are definitely some dangerous neighborhoods. Some of the worst right near the police Dept.
I would have zero doubt that there ARE crack houses there. Just like there are Concord, Laconia, Claremont and many other communities in the state.

That said, it's really not that bad. To describe it like f.a.s.t. where a grown man should fear for their safety? Eyes down, mind your business, don't draw attention to yourself and your fine. You are over sensationalizing the dangers. That's what cons like you and Trump do though. You sell fear.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Half of the project is complete. So, you know what the complete project will look like. Concord has infrastructure problems like other cities. A couple of months ago I93 had a large hole upon up, lucky no one was killed. This was a city culvert problem. Sprucing up downtown is a good idea, but taking half the money from the Feds when we're approaching $20 Trillion in debt is foolish.

To me a crack house is an abandoned building likely owned by a bank that addicts live in. Think Detroit.