Antonin Scalia

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Antonin Scalia

Post by madhatter »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-wor ... 828930.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Re: Antonin Scalia

Post by brownman »

Thought football season was over :wink:

Sri was 97-0 on last appointment ... any guesses what the vote would be for Supreme Court nomination ?
http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-com ... =hootsuite
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Obama will appoint an illegal black muslim terrorist from Somalia. The senators will be racists if they do not confirm them. :box
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:Obama will appoint an illegal black muslim terrorist from Somalia. The senators will be racists if they do not confirm them. :box
Who immigrated through Mexico and crossed the border carrying drugs before committing rape. :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:Obama will appoint an illegal black muslim terrorist from Somalia. The senators will be racists if they do not confirm them. :box
Who immigrated through Mexico and crossed the border carrying drugs and "lost" guns from fast and furious, before committing rape and shooting someone in SF while spitting on the US flag and dismembering a baby .... :roll:
might as well go for a true obama acolyte...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Obama will appoint an illegal black muslim terrorist from Somalia who immigrated through Mexico and crossed the border carrying drugs before committing rape and "lost" guns from fast and furious before committing rape and shooting someone in SF (a sanctuary city) while spitting on the US flag and dismembering a baby. Who went to Harvard through affirmative action on a scholarship from the Feds. :D Thanks Bubba and Madhatter :!:
th29AQ1XXE.jpg
th29AQ1XXE.jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 922 times
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Watch him appoint himself. I believe Taft was a former President who sat on the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I don't understand the Republican conspiracy to wait for the next president. Obama has the right to appoint a justice and he will. The Senate can refuse to confirm with good reason, but for the Republicans to just say they won't take any action is wrong. They use the constitution like many use the bible, only when it suits their purpose.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:I don't understand the Republican conspiracy to wait for the next president. Obama has the right to appoint a justice and he will. The Senate can refuse to confirm with good reason, but for the Republicans to just say they won't take any action is wrong. They use the constitution like many use the bible, only when it suits their purpose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bo ... nomination
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

freeski wrote:I don't understand the Republican conspiracy to wait for the next president. Obama has the right to appoint a justice and he will. The Senate can refuse to confirm with good reason, but for the Republicans to just say they won't take any action is wrong. They use the constitution like many use the bible, only when it suits their purpose.
Apparently the Democrats used this tactic in the last year and a half of GW's Presidency, led by non other than Chuck Schumer.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

In 2006, while no doubt starting to lay his eyes on a presidential run, then-Sen. Obama had no problem throwing a wrench in the works of democracy by voting to filibuster George Bush’s nominee to the high court, Samuel Alito.

Obama told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News This Week that he would “be supporting the filibuster because I think Judge Alito, in fact, is somebody who is contrary to core American values, not just liberal values, you know. When you look at his decisions in particular during times of war, we need a court that is independent and is going to provide some check on the executive branch, and he has not shown himself willing to do that repeatedly.”

In other words, because Alito did not share his judicial philosophy and he felt the judge’s ascension to the Supreme Court would not allow an independent check on the excessive use of executive branch power, Obama, in fact, voted to block the appointment.

Then-Sen. John Kerry led the effort to filibuster Alito, which ultimately came up short, and the judge was approved.

If Obama, as a senator, felt justified in seeking to block a presidential nominee to the court because he feared Bush’s use of executive authority, how much more true is that concern now, with multiple court rulings that the president has exceeded his authority in high-profile instances such as executive amnesty, EPA regulations regarding climate change, and portions of Obamacare.
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Scalia once lobbied Obama adviser to get Kagan on Supreme Court

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/scalia-o ... 01074.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“We have become inured to the animus that characterizes the relationship between many of our elected officials in these highly partisan times,” Axelrod concludes. “But members of the court, free from the pressures of running for office, relate to each other in a different way. So much so that a conservative lion would lobby the President’s adviser for his liberal friend.”
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

The Supreme Court Vacancy Explained (in 250 Words)
1.4k Shares
By Charles Lipson
February 15, 2016
No. 1: No nominee for the high court can get through the Senate before the election. No one.

No. 2: President Obama and the Democratic candidates for president know that. So do Republicans. All God’s children know it.

No. 3: Since the nominee will not be approved, Obama will use the opportunity to advance other goals. He will propose someone who burnishes his own progressive credentials and shows why control of the court depends on the November election. Putting Senate Republicans in an awkward position would be a nice bonus. But the target is November.

No. 4: Obama will nominate someone whose demographic characteristics help in the contests for president and U.S. Senate. That is not just his main criterion. It is his only one. The candidate could be from a purple state. Or a Latino. Or openly gay. Having finished law school would be a plus.

No. 5: The proposed candidate will not receive a Senate vote before the election or in the lame-duck session. If Mitch McConnell even considered it, he would become the former majority leader.

No. 6: Democrats and Republicans will both use the issue to show voters why it is crucial to elect them -- and not the other party. Democrats will add that this again shows we have a "do nothing" Congress. Republicans will say it shows we have “do too much” judges.

No. 7: All the rest is political theater, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

here’s a list of liberal Senators who voted to filibuster George W. Bush’s final pick for SCOTUS…

what comes around goes around, chosen bounds, doris the finkasaurus...
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... eave-town/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I can see getting reimbursed by a college to travel and lecture, but this needs to be looked at. These are very influential government employees. Check out the graph of the number of Scalia's travels and who's paying. :shock: