RejecTed

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

RejecTed

Post by madhatter »

cruz gets rejected and bails...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Re: RejecTed

Post by freeski »

Ted is dead in the head. He never had a chance in the general. He's too conservative on social issues and his bible thumping does not attract the conservatives in large numbers. When your colleagues don't support you it's hard to attract voters. When he shut the government down a few years ago it was obvious he was just trying to make a name for himself. :dislike
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cruz vs. Trump was the unlikeable vs. the unthinkable.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:Cruz vs. Trump was the unlikeable vs. the unthinkable.
says the unthinking...take an objective look at trump and he's a decent candidate w the potential to make things happen and to know when to lead or get out of the way....believe me I couldn't freakin stand that damn " you're fired" crap, the reality show, any reality show, any trump crap going into this thing, but I really think that trump's motivation to do this is based on him wanting to prove that he is the master dealmaker, that he can make things happen and that he will make things happen...

I think he is able to reason, re-evaluate and negotiate to sway enough dems/moderates to get elected and to get things passed in congress afterwards... he's willing ( and able) to deconstruct the political apparatus that continually grinds things to a halt in congress in order to find a common ground that gets a deal done.... I think trump has the ability and the public ear to force congress to take single item votes on things like kates law, w/o burdening them w controversial nonstarters....

I think trump will take the job very seriously and work very hard to accomplish things...He's not bound to any one particular ideology other than america first, he;s not bent on social justice, he's not bent on religious zealotry...He's interested in tackling the important issues that affect america and americans and leave the petty BS to the masses to sort out among themselves... He's not in it for the perks of the office, he already has a life far greater than anything that could offer...He's in it to prove the he is the one and only person capable of making america great again, and I am sure he'll work as hard as possible to make it happen...how much he is able to actually accomplish is anyone's guess, but I expect him to try a lot harder than the current clown....

Naysayers can focus on the negatives and faux pas etc, but every candidate has and makes them, trump seems to be the only one who is willing to own or otherwise weather the storm and move forward...

I'll take my chances w him vs hillary or bernie...

TRUMP 2016
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

I also expect to see trump immediately begin attacking hillary in tandem w bernie and agreeing w bernie anywhere he can w/o his own voters...I expect him to negate hillary's women's advocate charade with things like this

( regardless of the entire factuality of it all, ripping that page right out of the alinsky playbook, expect lefties to go berzerk, but also expect many to shun hilldog...)

this will be a hard hitting campaign and hillary will have a hard time withstanding it...gonna be hard to dig more dirt on trump than has already been dug up, same for hillary too I suppose but much of her dirt is embedded under her skin right now and won't wash off easily...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

It's easy to say none of the above. I've been hearing it for decades.

It's time to grow a pair and recognize there is no perfect candidate. Elect someone with glaring flaws. That's a given. Your job is to get past the flaws and vote for who will be best for the country in spite of their flaws. Elect the person that has the fewest, least objectionable flaws, better track record, and the best ideas.

Vote.

RE the above, this campaign is going to be like MadHatter vs HighwayStar. And we know how that turned out.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:It's easy to say none of the above. yep, that's always my initial reaction.... I've been hearing it for decades.

It's time to grow a pair and recognize there is no perfect candidate. Elect someone with glaring flaws. That's a given. Your job is to get past the flaws and vote for who will be best for the country in spite of their flaws. Elect the person that has the fewest, least objectionable flaws, better track record, and the best ideas.

Vote.yep, hold your nose and vote is how it usually ends up playing out....

RE the above, this campaign is going to be like MadHatter vs HighwayStar. And we know how that turned out.
Hillary is going to just drop out and cede?
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:I also expect to see trump immediately begin attacking hillary in tandem w bernie and agreeing w bernie anywhere he can w/o his own voters...I expect him to negate hillary's women's advocate charade with things like this

( regardless of the entire factuality of it all, ripping that page right out of the alinsky playbook, expect lefties to go berzerk, but also expect many to shun hilldog...)

this will be a hard hitting campaign and hillary will have a hard time withstanding it...gonna be hard to dig more dirt on trump than has already been dug up, same for hillary too I suppose but much of her dirt is embedded under her skin right now and won't wash off easily...

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-f ... -about-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Looks like Kasich is giving it up as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-trump ... ction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote:
Mister Moose wrote: RE the above, this campaign is going to be like MadHatter vs HighwayStar. And we know how that turned out.
Hillary is going to just drop out and cede?
Of course not. However, Trump is the first in a long time to bring it personally to entrenched politicians. Clinton is more talk, little track record, and lesser raw talent. Her judgment both for campaigning and policy pales next to real world experience and better instinct.

You brought it to HighwayStar and he talked smack and then weaseled. Not that I think you're Trump or he's Clinton. But I do expect Trump to shishkebab Clinton on her past record.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:I also expect to see trump immediately begin attacking hillary in tandem w bernie and agreeing w bernie anywhere he can w/o his own voters...I expect him to negate hillary's women's advocate charade with things like this

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-f ... -about-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yep saw it, mentioned it's impact above...

bottom line it's one of many "shady" details of hillary's track record with women, watch the video in the snopes link, it's no vindication for hillary...remember " every victim needs to be heard and believed"? it'll be hung around her neck a hundred times over...again, expect that card to be greatly neutralized as trump and the PAC's etc that support him will hammer hillary over the head w stuff like this every time she brings it up...The interesting thing here is that IMO liberals are highly susceptible to microagressions and imaginary victim-hood, which are usually exploited to work against the republican candidate, but trump and supporters won't be "above" :roll: resorting to the same tactics...likely with the same results; eliciting an emotion based response that works in his favor...

just watching this beatdown is going to be quite the sight...this is the biggest threat to the establishment and status quo since kennedy, thus the biggest threat to trump is the establishment and status quo...he won't have the luxury of an imbecile like biden to shelter him as VP...Reagan/BushSr/CFR conspiracy part deux? extraordinary times we live in...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Interesting quote:
Mike Huckabee wrote:“The dirty little secret is that the Never Trump movement was more about providing high dollar work for the political consultants than stopping the disaster of an Obama third term which is the result of electing Hillary Clinton.”
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Interesting exchange:

Krauthammer Explains Why He's Not 'Capable of Voting for Donald Trump'

Charles Krauthammer weighed in on Donald Trump’s victory in Indiana’s Republican presidential primary tonight, explaining why, as it stands, the New York billionaire does not have his vote.

“Let me just say from what I’ve seen up until now, heard from Trump and watched him, I don’t think I’d be capable of voting for Donald Trump,” the syndicated columnist said on The O’Reilly Factor.

“Question is, what do I do? I don’t know yet.”

Why not, “if he presents himself as a practical populist conservative”? Bill O’Reilly asked.

“Populist conservative is a contradiction,” Krauthammer replied.

O’Reilly pushed back against that argument, to which Krauthammer answered that Trump is “clearly not a conservative.”

“I think he said last week, ‘I am a conservative, but even if I’m not, who cares?’” said the syndicated columnist.

Trump’s “fitness for office” is another consideration, Krauthammer explained.

“It’s a matter of temperament, and up until now, he’s not impressed me with his temperament,” he said.

“You have to ask yourself, ‘Do I want a person of that temperament control of nuclear codes?’ And as of now, I have to say no.”
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:Interesting exchange:

Krauthammer Explains Why He's Not 'Capable of Voting for Donald Trump'

Charles Krauthammer weighed in on Donald Trump’s victory in Indiana’s Republican presidential primary tonight, explaining why, as it stands, the New York billionaire does not have his vote.

“Let me just say from what I’ve seen up until now, heard from Trump and watched him, I don’t think I’d be capable of voting for Donald Trump,” the syndicated columnist said on The O’Reilly Factor.

“Question is, what do I do? I don’t know yet.”

Why not, “if he presents himself as a practical populist conservative”? Bill O’Reilly asked.

“Populist conservative is a contradiction,” Krauthammer replied.

O’Reilly pushed back against that argument, to which Krauthammer answered that Trump is “clearly not a conservative.”

“I think he said last week, ‘I am a conservative, but even if I’m not, who cares?’” said the syndicated columnist.

Trump’s “fitness for office” is another consideration, Krauthammer explained.

“It’s a matter of temperament, and up until now, he’s not impressed me with his temperament,” he said.

“You have to ask yourself, ‘Do I want a person of that temperament control of nuclear codes?’ And as of now, I have to say no.”
c'mon you know trump isn't going to go nuclear rogue or anything of the sort...nor would a single other candidate in either party... don't doubt the left can make it stick in the minds of some but I doubt you believe that yourself...

I'll agree trump is not a "hardline" conservative and I'm ok with that in fact I consider it a plus...he's not a true establishment republican either, another plus...a relative social moderate and a somewhat fiscal conservative, more middle than anyone we've seen in quite some time...I like kraut, but he;s been an anti-trump naysayer since day one...

"practical populist conservative" sounds pretty good to me....
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Does anyone here really think that any president has the ability to impulsively and singularly push the button? There's 2 keys on a missile for a reason, and I bet there are other checks built into the executive office and Pentagon as well. The "football" doesn't have a red button direct to launch. It has the codes.

I don't think that's a concern with Hillary or Donald.

Hillary would bring the codes home in her purse and keep them in her bathroom.
Bernie would share them with the 99%.
Ted would put a bible inside, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Carly would rewrite the software to only respond to x chromosomes.

Donald would only send a photo of himself carrying it bare-chested on horseback to Vladimir Putin.