Johnson / Weld

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
boston_e
Postaholic

Johnson / Weld

Post by boston_e »

Johnson / Weld is looking better every day.

http://youtu.be/t9km5f9AhQA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Killington Pico
spanky
Site Admin

Re: Johnson / Weld

Post by spanky »

I'm curious what the Massachusetts folks here think of Weld.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

As a fiscal conservative and social liberal, why shouldn't I vote for these guys? Yes, I know a vote for them is a vote against Hill/Don and that the polls indicate they don't have a chance (at the moment). But as someone who hates both of the other choices, I see no harm.

So kzoners, why not?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I hope they are included in the debates. I could go this way. Donald can't figure it out. Cankle is as Cankle does.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

spanky wrote:I'm curious what the Massachusetts folks here think of Weld.
He left office in 1997.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

spanky wrote:I'm curious what the Massachusetts folks here think of Weld.
My memory is that he did an overall good job when he was governor.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

spanky wrote:As a fiscal conservative and social liberal, why shouldn't I vote for these guys? Yes, I know a vote for them is a vote against Hill/Don and that the polls indicate they don't have a chance (at the moment). But as someone who hates both of the other choices, I see no harm.

So kzoners, why not?
I agree with you, I basically consider myself to be more on the conservative side of things on fiscal issues and lean more left on social issues.

Plus considering the clowns the two major parties are going to be presenting to us..... I can't think of any reason not to.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

fiscal conservative, social liberal, sounds good to me except for the part where the fed gov decides social issues on behalf of the populace...not into that kind of overreach, it's simply not the enumerated role of the federal gov...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I know a number of fiscal conservative and socially liberal people. A big difference among them is whether they vote the social issue or the fiscal issue, and then further subsets exist in just how fiscal and just how social. Not at all monolithic, but readily distinguishable from the hard right or hard left.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Johnson / Weld ahead of Trump among millennials:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... ss_the-fix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Killington Pico
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

You do know that this is the 3rd consecutive Presidential election that Johnson has been the Libertarian candidate. Wasted vote if you ask me.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

steamboat1 wrote:You do know that this is the 3rd consecutive Presidential election that Johnson has been the Libertarian candidate. Wasted vote if you ask me.
I am aware. The previous two elections though, both of the major parties presented us with candidates who, in my opinion were good, honorable, respectable people.

This year neither major party is presenting us with such an option.

Voting for someone you don't like is a wasted vote and I don't like either Hillary or Trump.
Don't Killington Pico
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

boston_e wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:You do know that this is the 3rd consecutive Presidential election that Johnson has been the Libertarian candidate. Wasted vote if you ask me.
I am aware. The previous two elections though, both of the major parties presented us with candidates who, in my opinion were good, honorable, respectable people.

Voting for someone you don't like is a wasted vote and I don't like either Hillary or Trump.
I agree with you but which candidate do you dislike more? It's a shame Trump/Hillary is our only choice but Johnson is not going to win so a vote for him is just a waste. I'm voting for the candidate I dislike less out of the candidates with a chance to win just so the candidate I dislike more has less of a chance of winning. Not the best I'd hope for but that's all there is at this point.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

steamboat1 wrote:
boston_e wrote:

I agree with you but which candidate do you dislike more? It's a shame Trump/Hillary is our only choice but Johnson is not going to win so a vote for him is just a waste. I'm voting for the candidate I dislike less out of the candidates with a chance to win just so the candidate I dislike more has less of a chance of winning. Not the best I'd hope for but that's all there is at this point.
That attitude is what has got us in the mess we are in "Only a D or R can win so only vote for a D or R." And what has that got us? If everyone with a brain voted for the BEST offered, maybe we could get out of the D and R mess.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =