Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Philando Castile - MN Shooting - is Gang member

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:How about Rutland?

Both by the police against black civilians

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And against their own officers

http://www.wcax.com/story/30810474/rutl ... t-for-975k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not just about the shootings, it's the targeting by police based upon race. It's the arrest rates, detainment and sentence lengths. There is a problem and if you're not a victim, associated with a victim or a member of the race that has this problem then I don't think it's someone's place to quantify the severity. You're not walking in their shoes.
So, two old-school, central Vermont, CLEARLY racist cops means that all cops are racist and there aren't a bunch of drug dealers coming to Rutland? OK. Got it.
Where did I say ALL cops are racist?

I didn't come close to insinuating such a thing.

Bubba posted one example, I posted another. It's not all about cops using lethal force, it's also about the profiling that still exists across the country. Even if it's just 1% of cops behaving badly, they need to have their badges removed.
Here is where you call cops racist/profiling:
It's not just about the shootings, it's the targeting by police based upon race. It's the arrest rates, detainment and sentence lengths. There is a problem and if you're not a victim, associated with a victim or a member of the race that has this problem then I don't think it's someone's place to quantify the severity. You're not walking in their shoes.
If it makes you happier, put the word "some" in front police. "Targeting by some police" is what I intended, not "targeting by ALL police"
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:How about Rutland?

Both by the police against black civilians

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And against their own officers

http://www.wcax.com/story/30810474/rutl ... t-for-975k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, two old-school, central Vermont, CLEARLY racist cops means that all cops are racist and there aren't a bunch of drug dealers coming to Rutland? OK. Got it.
Where did I say ALL cops are racist?

I didn't come close to insinuating such a thing.

Bubba posted one example, I posted another. It's not all about cops using lethal force, it's also about the profiling that still exists across the country. Even if it's just 1% of cops behaving badly, they need to have their badges removed.
Here is where you call cops racist/profiling:
If it makes you happier, put the word "some" in front police. "Targeting by some police" is what I intended, not "targeting by ALL police"
Oh no, you're a progressive, please feel free to make your blanket statements. We wouldn't want to inhibit you.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:There's been comments that blacks don't care about black on black crime. Excuse me? Do you not read/watch the news? In the neighborhoods in Boston where there is frequent occurrence, religious and community leaders gather and hold vigil all the time and work with Boston PD on how to clean up their neighborhoods. It may not make front page news on Fox or CNN, but it happens all the time.
Maybe it's not front page news because there isn't outrage? There's no shutting down interstates, burning down neighborhoods, shooting at police officers, coordinated nation-wide protests across major cities, African American leaders of NAACP/BLM and others speaking out, neighborhood volunteers snitching, etc. Just a guess.
If you read further down in my post, I do agree that much of the protests can be unproductive. I don't agree with any of the "burn this bitch down" behavior.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Highwaystar you took the statement and made it blanket you f'n moron.

I never said ALL....you made that assumption. So f off
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
You said, "I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone." I already gave you 2 examples. As to how routine it may be, please see Bubba's Ferguson reference above.
To be clear, my reference to Ferguson was with respect to the systemic problems of the police force using widespread ticketing of mostly black residents as a revenue source for the city and the department. I did not mean to imply anything with regard to the shooting of the black teen.
yep I was simply to busy to point out your judicious use of that "finding" to counter my claims above as if it wasn't plainly obvious we are talking about the supposed hunting and executing of blacks by police officers that doesn't occur...not the preying upon the community to generate revenue similar to the out of state affluence bias in VT when handing out tickets... should we all be outraged?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote: so we have a problem that is at worst half as common as being struck by lightening and then only if EVERY police killing of a black was unjustified...spare us the theatrics....
Probably about as statistically significant as the number of police offers intentionally killed in the line of duty. Of course, just one is too many and I'm sure most agree the government killing just one innocent civilian is too many as well.
yep that's a fair statement, probably why there hasn't been any movement regarding such other than one to counter the propaganda against it in other words it only came up in response to accusations of police killing blacks...and yes one person who put their life on the line so we can all be free that is gunned down is one too many, in fact any cop killed in the line of duty in any way heinous or not is one too many...hard to say the same about the the vast majority of people shot by police ( irregardless of race) who pretty much had it coming...the few that were even partly innocent have some claim to a beef, the extremely rare case of absolute innocence obviously is a tragedy...

so yes for the most part we don;t have a problem w police being hunted ( dallas withstanding) nor do we have a problem w anyone including blacks being hunted by police... which is why I pointed to the HIGH rate of crime among blacks in the city as a place to focus attention...the place where nearly 5k blacks are shot every year...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

Bubba wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
You said, "I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone." I already gave you 2 examples. As to how routine it may be, please see Bubba's Ferguson reference above.
To be clear, my reference to Ferguson was with respect to the systemic problems of the police force using widespread ticketing of mostly black residents as a revenue source for the city and the department. I did not mean to imply anything with regard to the shooting of the black teen.
Targeting blacks through racial profiling increases the amount of traffic stops, stop-and-frisk searches, and harassment felt by the black community from policemen in general. This not only increases the chance for a confrontation gone wrong and becoming a police shooting, but it also causes the black community to be more likely to believe the police were at fault when one of these confrontations happen.

We only know about the systemic problems in Ferguson because the widespread protests got the Feds to investigate. I am sure similar things are happening in many other areas across the country, as the anecdotal evidence continues to suggest.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

According to AP, Police arrested five people for allegedly shooting at officers in Washington, D.C., early Tuesday before barricading themselves inside a vehicle. No injuries were reported. The good news is that the group allegedly fired at police to avoid arrest, not as part of a targeted attack on cops, a police official told The Washington Post.
well there ya go at least they were "justified" police shootings.... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell