Philando Castile - MN Shooting - is Gang member

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Philando Castile - MN Shooting - is Gang member

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:What would you call the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago?
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/11/25 ... on-camera/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What has changed recently is the proliferation of good cell phone cameras. This kind of racial prejudice has always been happening to the black community here in America, now they have proof. Yet even with the video proof, the cops are still, in the vast majority of cases, getting away with murder. Can you really blame African-Americans for being angry? How about we try to fix the problem (i.e. racial profiling and excessive use of force by cops) rather than continuing to blame the victims?

I understand that being a cop is a very difficult and dangerous job. I understand that mistakes are going to happen. What the cops need to understand is that circling the wagons and protecting the bad cops is no longer sufficient when there is video evidence of the crime!
I'd say this was a sad tragedy and a good case of an officer overreacting - it's the closest thing to an execution I've seen. However, I have significant concerns with using a small sample size to support the conclusion that police are routinely gunning down blacks. The #1 killer of African Americans is African Americans and that's not an aberration. It's odd to me to see an entire race outraged when an officer shoots a man that's armed, resisting arrest, and disobeying officers commands but stay silent when it's black-on-black crime. Two children under there age of 3 were gunned down during a drive by over the weekend, the 3 year old killed and the 15 month old severely injured, but because a white man wasn't behind the trigger BLM doesn't care - not to mention Obama stays silent, but attends Michael Brown's funeral - it's all just so hypocritical to me. Won't be surprised if Obama skips the Dallas officers funeral too, like he did Chris Kyle's.

You make the assertion that cops are murdering blacks and getting away with it - can you site some cases?

I don't blame African American's for being angry. I don't blame them for protesting. I agree with their/own cause for equality - every man and woman is created equally - and should be treated equally. However, I don't support BLM or other organizations that use their anger to attack or kill other human beings. Just yesterday at a BLM protest an officer vertebrae was crushed by a concrete block - that's the kind of sh*t that will divide our nation further. The million man march was moving, BLM is nothing more than a terror organization.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:What would you call the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago?
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/11/25 ... on-camera/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What has changed recently is the proliferation of good cell phone cameras. This kind of racial prejudice has always been happening to the black community here in America, now they have proof. Yet even with the video proof, the cops are still, in the vast majority of cases, getting away with murder. Can you really blame African-Americans for being angry? How about we try to fix the problem (i.e. racial profiling and excessive use of force by cops) rather than continuing to blame the victims?

I understand that being a cop is a very difficult and dangerous job. I understand that mistakes are going to happen. What the cops need to understand is that circling the wagons and protecting the bad cops is no longer sufficient when there is video evidence of the crime!
I'd say this was a sad tragedy and a good case of an officer overreacting - it's the closest thing to an execution I've seen. However, I have significant concerns with using a small sample size to support the conclusion that police are routinely gunning down blacks. The #1 killer of African Americans is African Americans and that's not an aberration. It's odd to me to see an entire race outraged when an officer shoots a man that's armed, resisting arrest, and disobeying officers commands but stay silent when it's black-on-black crime. Two children under there age of 3 were gunned down during a drive by over the weekend, the 3 year old killed and the 15 month old severely injured, but because a white man wasn't behind the trigger BLM doesn't care - not to mention Obama stays silent, but attends Michael Brown's funeral - it's all just so hypocritical to me. Won't be surprised if Obama skips the Dallas officers funeral too, like he did Chris Kyle's.

You make the assertion that cops are murdering blacks and getting away with it - can you site some cases?

I don't blame African American's for being angry. I don't blame them for protesting. I agree with their/own cause for equality - every man and woman is created equally - and should be treated equally. However, I don't support BLM or other organizations that use their anger to attack or kill other human beings. Just yesterday at a BLM protest an officer vertebrae was crushed by a concrete block - that's the kind of sh*t that will divide our nation further. The million man march was moving, BLM is nothing more than a terror organization.
The officer in the Laquan McDonald case would have gotten away with it if it was left up to normal police procedures. It was only after:
"Video of the shooting, captured on one police cruiser's dashboard camera, was released to the public on November 24, 2015—over 13 months after the shooting and only after several independent investigators demanded release of records. Van Dyke was charged with first-degree murder a few hours after the video's release. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_ ... n_McDonald" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is what I mean about the police needing to do a better job of going after the bad cops themselves.

I also already cited Eric Garner's death a few posts back. How many more examples do you need? If those 2 examples were clearly caught on video, then how many more times do you think it happened when there was no video around?

I am not trying to support violent protests either. I am simply saying that African-Americans have every right to be angry about excessive police aggression directed towards them. Non-violent protests are a good thing, violence is not.

I am also saying you should not be blaming Obama for this. Yes, some accuse him of favoring the victims, but many also fault him for not doing enough to fight racial injustice. If people from both sides of the argument are mad at him for taking a stance in the middle then maybe he is doing it right.

You bring up black-on-black crime. That really is not relevant to my point. Over the past few years I have seen so many videos of police officers appearing racially biased against African-Americans. Sometimes the bad cops get prosecuted, too often they do not. My point is that it is just how common those videos have become that is fueling all this black anger.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:The officer in the Laquan McDonald case would have gotten away with it if it was left up to normal police procedures. It was only after:
"Video of the shooting, captured on one police cruiser's dashboard camera, was released to the public on November 24, 2015—over 13 months after the shooting and only after several independent investigators demanded release of records. Van Dyke was charged with first-degree murder a few hours after the video's release. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_ ... n_McDonald" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is what I mean about the police needing to do a better job of going after the bad cops themselves.

I also already cited Eric Garner's death a few posts back. How many more examples do you need? If those 2 examples were clearly caught on video, then how many more times do you think it happened when there was no video around?

I am not trying to support violent protests either. I am simply saying that African-Americans have every right to be angry about excessive police aggression directed towards them. Non-violent protests are a good thing, violence is not.

I am also saying you should not be blaming Obama for this. Yes, some accuse him of favoring the victims, but many also fault him for not doing enough to fight racial injustice. If people from both sides of the argument are mad at him for taking a stance in the middle then maybe he is doing it right.

You bring up black-on-black crime. That really is not relevant to my point. Over the past few years I have seen so many videos of police officers appearing racially biased against African-Americans. Sometimes the bad cops get prosecuted, too often they do not. My point is that it is just how common those videos have become that is fueling all this black anger.
You're telling me these two (2) occurrences are representative of the population of police interactions with non-Caucasian individuals? While I agree the treatment of African Americans is materially different, laying out a narrative where police are routinely using excessive force and murdering African Americans based on two occurrences seems a little over the top.

The systematic killing of African Americans by other African Americans is not worth marching for and is irrelevant? What's BLM stand for again?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

The officer in the Laquan McDonald case would have gotten away with it if it was left up to normal police procedures. It was only after:

I also already cited Eric Garner's death a few posts back. How many more examples do you need? If those 2 examples were clearly caught on video, then how many more times do you think it happened when there was no video around?no more than 112 according to statistics out of @75 million, not all of whom were shot by white police and at least some of whom were not shot for no reason...

I am not trying to support violent protests either. I am simply saying that African-Americans have every right to be angry about excessive police aggression directed towards them. Non-violent protests are a good thing, violence is not.except for the fact that excessive aggression in their own neighborhoods accounts for 97.5 % of their deaths, leaving just 2.5% caused by police legit or not...this is a miniscule problem gettin maximum exposure...not sure how you eliminate that fraction of a % of society from either side of the equation...

I am also saying you should not be blaming Obama for this. Yes, some accuse him of favoring the victims, but many also fault him for not doing enough to fight racial injustice. If people from both sides of the argument are mad at him for taking a stance in the middle then maybe he is doing it right.except there is no evidence of any racial injustice on an institutional level and certainly nothing widespread at any level...and obama proclaims it as blatant, overwhelming, continuous and persistent...

You bring up black-on-black crime. That really is not relevant to my point. Over the past few years I have seen so many videos really? how many?of police officers appearing racially biased against African-Americans. Sometimes the bad cops get prosecuted, too often they do not. My point is that it is just how common those videos have become that is fueling all this black anger.
again 112 killed anually out of 75 million ttl population and how many thousands of arrests? tiny problem, huge outcry...could it be better? of course...is it anywhere near widespread or commonplace? not even close, it's affecting a tiny fraction of a % of the population, extremely tiny...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

I also already cited Eric Garner's death a few posts back. How many more examples do you need? If those 2 examples were clearly caught on video, then how many more times do you think it happened when there was no video around?no more than 112 according to statistics out of @75 million, not all of whom were shot by white police and at least some of whom were not shot for no reason...

I am not trying to support violent protests either. I am simply saying that African-Americans have every right to be angry about excessive police aggression directed towards them. Non-violent protests are a good thing, violence is not.except for the fact that excessive aggression in their own neighborhoods accounts for 97.5 % of their deaths, leaving just 2.5% caused by police legit or not...this is a miniscule problem gettin maximum exposure...not sure how you eliminate that fraction of a % of society from either side of the equation...

I am also saying you should not be blaming Obama for this. Yes, some accuse him of favoring the victims, but many also fault him for not doing enough to fight racial injustice. If people from both sides of the argument are mad at him for taking a stance in the middle then maybe he is doing it right.except there is no evidence of any racial injustice on an institutional level and certainly nothing widespread at any level...and obama proclaims it as blatant, overwhelming, continuous and persistent...

You bring up black-on-black crime. That really is not relevant to my point. Over the past few years I have seen so many videos really? how many?of police officers appearing racially biased against African-Americans. Sometimes the bad cops get prosecuted, too often they do not. My point is that it is just how common those videos have become that is fueling all this black anger.
again 112 killed anually out of 75 million ttl population and how many thousands of arrests? tiny problem, huge outcry...could it be better? of course...is it anywhere near widespread or commonplace? not even close, it's affecting a tiny fraction of a % of the population, extremely tiny...
Well, except for Ferguson, MO and a number of other cities where the Justice Department (both Democrat and Republican led) and the city administrations have agreed on steps needed to mitigate systemic problems.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

How about Rutland?

Both by the police against black civilians

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And against their own officers

http://www.wcax.com/story/30810474/rutl ... t-for-975k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not just about the shootings, it's the targeting by police based upon race. It's the arrest rates, detainment and sentence lengths. There is a problem and if you're not a victim, associated with a victim or a member of the race that has this problem then I don't think it's someone's place to quantify the severity. You're not walking in their shoes.

There's been comments that blacks don't care about black on black crime. Excuse me? Do you not read/watch the news? In the neighborhoods in Boston where there is frequent occurrence, religious and community leaders gather and hold vigil all the time and work with Boston PD on how to clean up their neighborhoods. It may not make front page news on Fox or CNN, but it happens all the time.

Additionally my best friend's FIL served on the gang unit in Boston for nearly 20 years. I've talked with him at length about it.

This all been happening for years. I agree with Ski the Moguls. This has been happening for years, it's just caught and broadcasted over all kinds of media today that didn't exist before and sometimes live while it happens. Like wise more people are paying attention to all this shared information and getting pissed off about it, so you have tragedies like Dallas happening and often times unproductive protesting.

This is a multifaceted issue. I'm not sure what the answer is.
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:The officer in the Laquan McDonald case would have gotten away with it if it was left up to normal police procedures. It was only after:

You're telling me these two (2) occurrences are representative of the population of police interactions with non-Caucasian individuals? While I agree the treatment of African Americans is materially different, laying out a narrative where police are routinely using excessive force and murdering African Americans based on two occurrences seems a little over the top.

The systematic killing of African Americans by other African Americans is not worth marching for and is irrelevant? What's BLM stand for again?
You said, "I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone." I already gave you 2 examples. As to how routine it may be, please see Bubba's Ferguson reference above.

The Walter Scott case is another example of a police execution. At least this time they do seem to be going after the bad cop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Walter_Scott" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

You said, "I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone." I already gave you 2 examples. As to how routine it may be, please see Bubba's Ferguson reference above.

The Walter Scott case is another example of a police execution. At least this time they do seem to be going after the bad cop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Walter_Scott" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yet almost twice as many are struck by lightening each year....
2004-2013, 234 were injured by lightning strikes annually.
so we have a problem that is at worst half as common as being struck by lightening and then only if EVERY police killing of a black was unjustified...spare us the theatrics....
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote: so we have a problem that is at worst half as common as being struck by lightening and then only if EVERY police killing of a black was unjustified...spare us the theatrics....
Probably about as statistically significant as the number of police offers intentionally killed in the line of duty. Of course, just one is too many and I'm sure most agree the government killing just one innocent civilian is too many as well.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
To be clear, my reference to Ferguson was with respect to the systemic problems of the police force using widespread ticketing of mostly black residents as a revenue source for the city and the department. I did not mean to imply anything with regard to the shooting of the black teen.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:How about Rutland?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/201 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.wcax.com/story/30810474/rutl ... t-for-975k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not just about the shootings, it's the targeting by police based upon race. It's the arrest rates, detainment and sentence lengths. There is a problem and if you're not a victim, associated with a victim or a member of the race that has this problem then I don't think it's someone's place to quantify the severity. You're not walking in their shoes.
So, two old-school, central Vermont, CLEARLY racist cops means that all cops are racist and there aren't a bunch of drug dealers coming to Rutland? OK. Got it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote:

So, two old-school, central Vermont, CLEARLY racist cops means that all cops are racist and there aren't a bunch of drug dealers coming to Rutland? OK. Got it.
Where did I say ALL cops are racist?

I didn't come close to insinuating such a thing.

Bubba posted one example, I posted another. It's not all about cops using lethal force, it's also about the profiling that still exists across the country. Even if it's just 1% of cops behaving badly, they need to have their badges removed.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

Where did I say ALL cops are racist?

I didn't come close to insinuating such a thing.

Bubba posted one example, I posted another. It's not all about cops using lethal force, it's also about the profiling that still exists across the country. Even if it's just 1% of cops behaving badly, they need to have their badges removed.
Here is where you basically call cops/police departments racist profilers:
I'm sure your heart bleeds for them, but at some point you need to fight fire with fire. Look at stop and frisk in NYC. Chicago needs that, or a 5 year visit from 10,000 heavily armed National Guard troops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and- ... _York_City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Highway Star on Jul 11th, '16, 15:03, edited 3 times in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

deadheadskier wrote:There's been comments that blacks don't care about black on black crime. Excuse me? Do you not read/watch the news? In the neighborhoods in Boston where there is frequent occurrence, religious and community leaders gather and hold vigil all the time and work with Boston PD on how to clean up their neighborhoods. It may not make front page news on Fox or CNN, but it happens all the time.
Maybe it's not front page news because there isn't outrage? There's no shutting down interstates, burning down neighborhoods, shooting at police officers, coordinated nation-wide protests across major cities, African American leaders of NAACP/BLM and others speaking out, neighborhood volunteers snitching, etc. Just a guess.