Philando Castile - MN Shooting - is Gang member

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Philando Castile - MN Shooting - is Gang member

Post by Highway Star »

.....and was likely stopped because he matched the description of a robbery suspect. Something is seriously wrong with the media.....

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Philando Castile - MN Shooting - is Gang member

Post by madhatter »

nope he was a saint just like trayvon and lovable mike brown the gentle giant, and every other victim of the evil racist whitey popo...doing nothing wrong in any way shape or form ever when they were just executed by the evil racist whitey popo for no reason whatsoever...clearly the police acted stupidly as they always do when confronted w a guy that might be obama's son...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

So let me get this straight. If you're not on the up and up the police can treat however they want, independent of the law which governs their actions?

I think the media enjoys its race baiting narratives, but based on the little we know now, it seems like this might be a shooting where the officer did over react.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:So let me get this straight. If you're not on the up and up the police can treat however they want, independent of the law which governs their actions?

I think the media enjoys its race baiting narratives, but based on the little we know now, it seems like this might be a shooting where the officer did over react.
or maybe not...cuz like ya said we know very little of what happened and most of that is after the fact... we still do not know what happened leading up to it but it's pretty safe to say that the guy wasn't " executed for a broken tail light" nor was the cop white...

http://www.kare11.com/news/castile-fami ... /268110991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I’m going to stop a car,” the officer says on the recording. “I’m going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over.”

“The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery,” the officer says. “The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose,” the officer continues.

https://www.facebook.com/53Hours/videos ... 345016154/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tough job being a cop these days...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone. The issue of course is the media is portraying it that way and by the time the facts are known it's too late.

I think most issues arise by officers unable to control their emotions and/or suspects unable to do the same. When you have two people unable to control their emotions coming together - it's bad.

Look at the black lives matter leader last night getting arrested. He was provoking the officer, didn't obey the officers commands, and was arrested. The result in the eyes of the media and BLM organization is they have another victim/martyr for their cause. It's disgusting and ignorant.
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone. The issue of course is the media is portraying it that way and by the time the facts are known it's too late.

I think most issues arise by officers unable to control their emotions and/or suspects unable to do the same. When you have two people unable to control their emotions coming together - it's bad.

Look at the black lives matter leader last night getting arrested. He was provoking the officer, didn't obey the officers commands, and was arrested. The result in the eyes of the media and BLM organization is they have another victim/martyr for their cause. It's disgusting and ignorant.
What would you call the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago?
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/11/25 ... on-camera/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What has changed recently is the proliferation of good cell phone cameras. This kind of racial prejudice has always been happening to the black community here in America, now they have proof. Yet even with the video proof, the cops are still, in the vast majority of cases, getting away with murder. Can you really blame African-Americans for being angry? How about we try to fix the problem (i.e. racial profiling and excessive use of force by cops) rather than continuing to blame the victims?

I understand that being a cop is a very difficult and dangerous job. I understand that mistakes are going to happen. What the cops need to understand is that circling the wagons and protecting the bad cops is no longer sufficient when there is video evidence of the crime!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

He's playing with his cloths like he's hiding something. He has his left hand in his pocket and keeps moving. I'd guess he's being ordered to stop and put his hands up. I can see why the cop shot him. Although, the cop should have stopped shooting after 4 or 5 shots if they were all good shots. Remember, this is Chicago. The police have every right to expect this kind of confrontation to go south.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I don't think we've seen a case in recent history where an officer basically execute someone. The issue of course is the media is portraying it that way and by the time the facts are known it's too late.

What would you call the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago?
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/11/25 ... on-camera/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What has changed recently is the proliferation of good cell phone cameras. This kind of racial prejudice has always been happening to the black community here in America, now they have proof. Yet even with the video proof, the cops are still, in the vast majority of cases, getting away with murder. Can you really blame African-Americans for being angry? How about we try to fix the problem (i.e. racial profiling and excessive use of force by cops) rather than continuing to blame the victims?seems the problem is resisting arrest , reaching for a gun and/or failure to comply with an officers orders...best bet is to not put yourself in that position, having a gun and reaching for it clearly led to both of these incidents as evidenced by the videos...that was easily avoidable...( AFAIK it has been determined that the LA victim had an illegal gun and that so far it has not been confirmed that the victim in the MN case actually had a permit as claimed by the passenger...

I understand that being a cop is a very difficult and dangerous job. I understand that mistakes are going to happen. What the cops need to understand is that circling the wagons and protecting the bad cops is no longer sufficient when there is video evidence of the crime!
where is the video evidence of a crime in the MN or LA cases...( the person in the mcdonald shooting was charged w murder and awaits trial)

Van Dyke was charged with first-degree murder...
it hasn't been determined in any of these recent cases as to whether charges have been filed or not and certainly no one has had their day in court...

what did the 12 cops shot in dallas have to do with any of this? sorry, but that uniform can never become an acceptable target or our society will fail...police shootings of perpetrators are very rare as it is, accidental or unwarranted shootings even rarer and executions or intentional unwarranted shootings ( for whatever reason) are nearly non existent...yes if it happens to you that sux, same w getting hit by a meteor or or struck by lightening...

and considering this is a regular occurrence

82 shot, 14 fatally, over holiday weekend in Chicago

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-82-s ... shootings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vs the aforementioned 123 black "victims" of police shootings where we can assume at least some if not most were justified, I have to repeat your question:

Can you really blame African-Americans for being angry? How about they try to fix the problem?

if they are willing to shoot each other that easily for sure they'll shoot a cop just as quickly no? and before you go all batsh!t crazy screaming racist BS that gets us nowhere, rest assured any sane person knows this is a a cultural and socio-economic problem that has almost nothing to do with race as evidenced by millions of blacks ( e.g. 99.9% e.g.all except the 123 ) who managed to not be shot by police....
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/crime ... ed-by-cops" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest data from the FBI and Centers for Disease Control.

From 2003 through 2012, law-enforcement officers killed an average of 429 people per year in “legal interventions.” These include a relatively small number of innocent people killed by cops and many more who died due to reasonable use of force.

But the biggest problem black men face is that their black lives don’t matter to other black men.

On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports. Using FBI and CDC statistics, Professor Johnson calculates that 112 black men, on average, suffered both justified and unjustified police-involved deaths annually during this period.

This equals 2.5 percent of these 4,472 yearly deaths. For every black man — criminal or innocent — killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men. The, at most, 2.5 percent of the problem generates relentless rage. And, yet, it is rude-to-racist to mention 97.5 percent of the problem.

The notion that America’s cops simply are gunning down innocent black people is one of today’s biggest and deadliest lies”.
mach es sehr schnell

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote: What would you call the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago?

What has changed recently is the proliferation of good cell phone cameras. This kind of racial prejudice has always been happening to the black community here in America, now they have proof. Yet even with the video proof, the cops are still, in the vast majority of cases, getting away with murder. Can you really blame African-Americans for being angry? How about we try to fix the problem (i.e. racial profiling and excessive use of force by cops) rather than continuing to blame the victims?

Go F yourself
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

freeski wrote:He's playing with his cloths like he's hiding something. He has his left hand in his pocket and keeps moving. I'd guess he's being ordered to stop and put his hands up. I can see why the cop shot him. Although, the cop should have stopped shooting after 4 or 5 shots if they were all good shots. Remember, this is Chicago. The police have every right to expect this kind of confrontation to go south.
I used to think that the rule for police was that they could not shoot until they were fired upon, or at least had a weapon pointed at them and were in imminent danger. Laquan McDonald was walking away from the police, not attacking. It is a different world with all the cameras out there. The police need to help get rid of the bad cops, not keep covering up for them.

How about Eric Garner's choking death, also caught on video:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Eric_Garner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even though NYC thought it was worth $5.9 million to settle the case, they still could not get a grand jury to pursue charges.

I am not trying to justify violent protests. Of course violent protests are wrong. Of course sniping police officers is horribly wrong. But excessive police force and violence perpetrated far too often on black people is also wrong. Failing to see that racism is just racist.

Even Newt Gingrich finally gets it:
"It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years to get a sense of this," said Gingrich, who served as speaker from 1990 until 1995 and who represented an Atlanta-area congressional district for two decades.
"If you are a normal white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America," he said.
White Americans "instinctively underestimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-t ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
freeski wrote:He's playing with his cloths like he's hiding something. He has his left hand in his pocket and keeps moving. I'd guess he's being ordered to stop and put his hands up. I can see why the cop shot him. Although, the cop should have stopped shooting after 4 or 5 shots if they were all good shots. Remember, this is Chicago. The police have every right to expect this kind of confrontation to go south.
I used to think that the rule for police was that they could not shoot until they were fired upon, or at least had a weapon pointed at them and were in imminent danger. Laquan McDonald was walking away from the police, not attacking. It is a different world with all the cameras out there. The police need to help get rid of the bad cops, not keep covering up for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Eric_Garner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even though NYC thought it was worth $5.9 million to settle the case, they still could not get a grand jury to pursue charges.

I am not trying to justify violent protests. Of course violent protests are wrong. Of course sniping police officers is horribly wrong. But excessive police force and violence perpetrated far too often on black people is also wrong. Failing to see that racism is just racist.

"It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years to get a sense of this," said Gingrich, who served as speaker from 1990 until 1995 and who represented an Atlanta-area congressional district for two decades.
"If you are a normal white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America," he said.
White Americans "instinctively underestimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-t ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Go F yourself!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
I used to think that the rule for police was that they could not shoot until they were fired upon, or at least had a weapon pointed at them and were in imminent danger.you thought wrong... Laquan McDonald was walking away from the police, not attacking. the cop was charged w murder...It is a different world with all the cameras out there. The police need to help get rid of the bad cops, not keep covering up for them.maybe certain neighborhoods need to get rid of the criminal element not ignore, join in or otherwise condone it e.g " no snitches"

I am not trying to justify violent protests. Of course violent protests are wrong. Of course sniping police officers is horribly wrong. But excessive police force and violence perpetrated far too often on black people is also wrong. Failing to see that racism is just racist.and there's yer all too predictable accusation of racism as a means to justify your demonstrably false assertions...

those risks are largely from their own neighborhoods and own race not white americans and certainly not cops...
reality disagrees with you, as I clearly pointed out above and once again mcdonalds shooter was charged with murder and awaits trial...and as clearly evidenced the number of blacks killed by cops for ANY reason constitutes fractions of a percent of the black population and is lower in actual number than whites killed by cops...meanwhile 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, 112 annually by police for whatever reason legitimate or not...your argument is based completely on fallacy, you choose to ignore reality in favor of something you imagine to be true...only a fool does that...
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The Garner death was criminal. What was the guy doing? Selling cigarettes. Yes, sometimes the police kill people for no reason, butt Obama has made more of a problem by supporting the Travon Martins and Michael Browns. His rhetoric has been way too anticop and he's part of the problem.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

steamboat1 wrote:Go F yourself
steamboat1 wrote:Go F yourself!
Steamboat Willie must've started drinking earlier than usual tonight. What's the matter, upset because your Viagra's not working again?