The Democratic Convention and the Diminishment of Men

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

The Democratic Convention and the Diminishment of Men

Post by Highway Star »

This won't come as a surprise to anyone has been following the modern progressive left and 3rd wave feminism, but the average American voter may just be waking up to this concept....and is not going to like it.
I’ve been watching the Democratic National Convention and wondering if this will be the first time in history that we see a candidate’s poll numbers plunge after a convention.

On the surface, the convention is going great. Michelle Obama made a speech for the ages. Bill Clinton was his masterful self. Bernie gave a full-throated endorsement of Clinton. The whole affair has been a festival of inclusiveness. The media is eating it like cake. All good, right?

That’s how it looks on the surface. And if you’re already a Clinton supporter, it probably looks great all the way down.

But if you’re an undecided voter, and male, you’re seeing something different. You’re seeing a celebration that your role in society is permanently diminished. And it’s happening in an impressive venue that was, in all likelihood, designed and built mostly by men. Men get to watch it all at home, in homes designed and built mostly by men, thanks to the technology that was designed and built mostly by men. I mention that as context, not opinion.

---

I watched singer Alicia Keys perform her song Superwoman at the convention and experienced a sinking feeling. I’m fairly certain my testosterone levels dropped as I watched, and that’s not even a little bit of an exaggeration. Science says men’s testosterone levels rise when they experience victory, and drop when they experience the opposite. I watched Keys tell the world that women are the answer to our problems. True or not, men were probably not feeling successful and victorious during her act.
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1480503182 ... -the-close" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, I have plenty of very successful female friends, some of which are better educated and make more money than I do. I'm totally fine with that, and happy for them. I regard women as my social and professional equals, and generally consider myself a classical social liberal.

Who had the brilliant idea to start practicing revisionist history, and deny that America was built and was at it's most successful under the leadership of men?

Now women are better?

Good luck with that.
Last edited by Highway Star on Jul 27th, '16, 18:10, edited 3 times in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: The Democratic Convenention and the Diminishment of Men

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:This won't come to a surprise to anyone has been following the modern progressive left and 3rd wave feminism, but the average American voter may just be waking up to this concept....and is not going to like it.
I’ve been watching the Democratic National Convention and wondering if this will be the first time in history that we see a candidate’s poll numbers plunge after a convention.

On the surface, the convention is going great. Michelle Obama made a speech for the ages. Bill Clinton was his masterful self. Bernie gave a full-throated endorsement of Clinton. The whole affair has been a festival of inclusiveness. The media is eating it like cake. All good, right?

That’s how it looks on the surface. And if you’re already a Clinton supporter, it probably looks great all the way down.

But if you’re an undecided voter, and male, you’re seeing something different. You’re seeing a celebration that your role in society is permanently diminished. And it’s happening in an impressive venue that was, in all likelihood, designed and built mostly by men. Men get to watch it all at home, in homes designed and built mostly by men, thanks to the technology that was designed and built mostly by men. I mention that as context, not opinion.

---

I watched singer Alicia Keys perform her song Superwoman at the convention and experienced a sinking feeling. I’m fairly certain my testosterone levels dropped as I watched, and that’s not even a little bit of an exaggeration. Science says men’s testosterone levels rise when they experience victory, and drop when they experience the opposite. I watched Keys tell the world that women are the answer to our problems. True or not, men were probably not feeling successful and victorious during her act.
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1480503182 ... -the-close" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, I have plenty of very successful female friends, some of which are better educated and make more money than I do. I'm totally fine with that, and happy for them. I regard woman as my social and professional equals.

Who had the brilliant idea to start practicing revisionist history, and deny that America was built and was at it's most successful under the leadership of men?

Now women are better?

Good luck with that.
that's what I'd expect to see here after this identity politics debacle...then again who knows, lots of vacuous empty souls out there desperate for a scapegoat to desecrate and take the spoils of...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Re: The Democratic Convention and the Diminishment of Men

Post by brownman »

Interesting ... a couple songs by Alicia Keyes emasculated Scott Adams. :sad:
He must squat to pee.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path