The Globalism-Olympics....!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: The Globalism-Olympics....!

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
freeski wrote: As discussed ad nauseam on here even moderate muslims have bizarre beliefs and are sympathetic to saria and terrorists. They should not be allowed in the US.
This is called stereotyping Maddy. And it also shows a lack of care for the Constitution.

You may want to check out a local college in VT. You're struggles with the English language aren't a good luck.

As your boy Trump would say, "You don't write good."

ummmm it's not stereotyping when evidence bears it out as true...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/10/51-o ... han-to-u-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These are the top officials representing the Muslim establishment in America today.

Hopefully none of them ever runs for president, because here’s what he’d have to say about the U.S. system of government:

• Muzammil Siddiqi, chairman of both the Fiqh Council of North America, which dispenses Islamic rulings, and the North American Islamic Trust, which owns most of the mosques in the U.S.: “As Muslims, we should participate in the system to safeguard our interests and try to bring gradual change, (but) we must not forget that Allah’s rules have to be established in all lands, and all our efforts should lead to that direction.”

• Omar Ahmad, co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the top Muslim lobby group in Washington: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Quran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

• CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”

• Imam Siraj Wahhaj, director of the Muslim Alliance in North America: “In time, this so-called democracy will crumble, and there will be nothing. And the only thing that will remain will be Islam.”

• Imam Zaid Shakir, co-founder of Zaytuna College in Berkeley, Calif.: “If we put a nationwide infrastructure in place and marshaled our resources, we’d take over this country in a very short time. . . . What a great victory it will be for Islam to have this country in the fold and ranks of the Muslims.”…
it's not that DHS is stupid... err uh nevermind...fvcking idiot, yer not even quoting me, so I have no idea what your point is...probably safe to say you don;t have a legitimate one...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

For someone who does not like Trump DHS sure does share a lot of his most undesirable characteristics. Insults those he does not agree with in a childish manner. Keeps antagonizing even when issues are dead. Doesn't have a grasp of what is factual.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:I'm boycotting the games for two reasons. 1) NBC 2) The headscarf in the front row of the U.S. in the opening "parade".
What's wrong with a headscarf? She didn't want her hair to frizz in the Rio humidity.
The problem is the headscarf was a plant. An image from the poets to ease islam into our culture. As discussed ad nauseam on here even moderate muslims have bizarre beliefs and are sympathetic to saria and terrorists. They should not be allowed in the US.
DHS: No, you started with the personal insults. Just look at what you've said today to others. Don't be surprised when insults come back your way. I'm a pretty nice guy, but others are not. you should think about how you carry yourself on these chat boards. The internet in and of itself is a safe unconnected place. But, it is a subset of a very dangerous world with a lot of crazy dangerous people. You should think about what you are type.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/michae ... ag-bearer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leading up to the 2016 Rio Olympics, swimmer Michael Phelps was elected by his teammates to be the flag bearer during the event’s highly anticipated Opening Ceremony. As the most decorated athlete in Olympic history, Phelps seemed to many like an obvious choice to carry Old Glory.

“I’m honored to be chosen, proud to represent the U.S., and humbled by the significance of carrying the flag and all it stands for,” Phelps said.

Despite being the pick of his fellow teammates, some are calling on Phelps to give up the honor and instead allow the runner-up to carry the flag.

Ibtihaj Muhammad, an African American Muslim woman famous for wearing her hijab during her fencing matches, came in a close second behind Phelps as the choice for flag bearer. Muhammad has also been outspoken against Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump. “When you incite hateful speech and rhetoric like that, the people who say it never think about the repercussions and how that affects Muslims,” she told Time.

Multiple news outlets have run pieces from those calling on Phelps to withdraw from the position.

W. Kamau Bell, in op-ed for CNN addressed to Phelps, argued Muhammad, as a Muslim, would be a better choice than Phelps, a “tall, successful, rich white guy.”

“Muhammad carrying the flag would be much bigger than your one moment,” Bell writes. “It would be a symbol for our country in this moment when we are mostly known for one of the most contentious, controversial, scandal-ridden, hateful, xenophobic, jingoistic, and just generally unlikeable presidential elections in recent memory. This is at a time when we could use some more symbols of unity and togetherness.”

“Your stepping back will allow this moment to become something bigger than just another opening ceremony. No offense, but right now America has enough tall, successful, rich white guys hogging the spotlight trying to make America great … again,” he added.

Bell concluded that Phelps could win more medals, but this decision was far more important: “Again, thank you again for stepping aside for Ibtihaj Muhammad. During these Olympics, you can win more medals to add to your all-time winning number of medals. But no medal will compare to making room for this.”

The Guardian, too, published a piece arguing Muhammad would have been a far superior choice than Phelps.

TRENDING STORIES

Krauthammer Blasts Obama Admin For ‘Money Laundering’ For Iran
Secret Service Swarms Hillary Clinton At Event in Las Vegas
Limbaugh Offers Fretful GOP Elites A Potential Candidate No One Could Criticize
“In any other Olympics, in any other year, Phelps would have been the perfect choice … But this is not any other Olympics in any other year. This is an Olympics where the world needs to see what the US truly stands for. Is it the country of which Trump speaks, one terrified of a veil on a woman’s head? Or is it the land where any child believes they can be something big regardless of race, class or religion?”

“The US athletes made a safe choice in Phelps as their flag bearer. An appropriate choice. Only this time, for this Olympics, they didn’t make the best choice. An opportunity was lost,” the piece concluded.

Others argued for Muhammad as the flag bearer before the vote even took place. “Team USA Should Pick Ibtihaj Muhammad as Flagbearer in Rio,” wrote Time. “…choosing her as a flag bearer is a chance to signal something even greater about what America stands for. It would be a win for all Americans––and Team USA’s first of the 2016 Olympic Games.”

Despite the cries from those outside the Olympics for Phelps to give up the position, his fellow teammates stand by their choice. “It feels so right,” Olympic swimmer Missy Franklin said, “to have the most decorated Olympian of all time being our flag bearer and leading us. And outside of the pool someone who has overcome so much internally and externally and shared that with everyone.”
so easy to figure out who the racists are, they're the ones pointing fingers and screaming racist the loudest...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Good find. Glad Phelps kept his rightful place as the flag bearer.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

NBC throws the swimmers under the bus regarding their robbery. Attacks their integrity, main stream media style, really the whole hog. :roll:

Does this have anything to do with trying to recover from the poor optics of the Milwaukee riots?
Last edited by Highway Star on Aug 18th, '16, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star wrote:NBC throws the swimmers under the bus regarding their robbery. Attacks their integrity, main stream media style, really the whole hog. :roll:

Does the have anything to do with trying to recover from the poor optics of the Milwaukee riots?
And how, exactly, did they do that?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Report: Ryan Lochte, U.S. swimmers 'fabricated' armed robbery story

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-rya ... 05637.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Video shows the U.S. swimmer “breaking down” a bathroom door and “fighting” security at a gas station around the time the robbery allegedly occurred, per ABC News correspondent Matt Gutman.

A security guard drew a gun at the U.S. swimmers after they drunkenly “destroyed a gas station toilet and refused to pay for the damage,” according to the British Daily Mail, but the swimmers then paid.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

we should get the definitive on this soon...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:Image

we should get the definitive on this soon...

LOL

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:
Highway Star wrote:NBC throws the swimmers under the bus regarding their robbery. Attacks their integrity, main stream media style, really the whole hog. :roll:

Does the have anything to do with trying to recover from the poor optics of the Milwaukee riots?
And how, exactly, did they do that?
Basically tried and convicted them on live TV at 10pm last night. VERY biased reporting.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:Report: Ryan Lochte, U.S. swimmers 'fabricated' armed robbery story

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-rya ... 05637.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Video shows the U.S. swimmer “breaking down” a bathroom door and “fighting” security at a gas station around the time the robbery allegedly occurred, per ABC News correspondent Matt Gutman.

A security guard drew a gun at the U.S. swimmers after they drunkenly “destroyed a gas station toilet and refused to pay for the damage,” according to the British Daily Mail, but the swimmers then paid.
NBC had none of this information last night at 10pm, just the part about them being pulled off the flight.

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star wrote:

NBC had none of this information last night at 10pm, just the part about them being pulled off the flight.
You have no idea what information they had from their sources.

How Ryan Lochte turned a drunken, frat-boy night into an international mess

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-ryan-l ... 34189.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Does this have anything to do with trying to recover from the poor optics of the Milwaukee riots?
Pretty sure those swimmers did it to themselves .... their story sounded like sh*t the minute it came from Lochte's lying mouth.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

You have no idea what information they had from their sources.

How Ryan Lochte turned a drunken, frat-boy night into an international mess

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-ryan-l ... 34189.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, at 10PM LAST NIGHT, they saw fit to NOT TELL ANYBODY ABOUT IT, BUT JUST CRUCIFY HIM BASED ON VERY LITTLE INFORMATION.

I'm SURE it has NOTHING AT ALL to do with NBC PUBLICISING THE ORIGINAL STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE, WITHOUT CHECKING ANY ADDITIONAL SOURCES? Nah. Because that would make them look stupid. Better blame the drunk lying athlete!

But hey, the MSM is always right, aren't they Bubba?

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Report of guns being pointed:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olympics ... rport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;