African Americans in Vermont Better Off

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

African Americans in Vermont Better Off

Post by Bubba »

Black Americans better off in Vermont than in most states
http://vermontbiz.com/news/august/black ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: African Americans in Vermont Better Off

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:Black Americans better off in Vermont than in most states
http://vermontbiz.com/news/august/black ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cuz the problem isn't race, it's culture...change the culture, change the results/outcome...it's really that simple...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I'm not sure this has anything to do with Vermont. Whistle Pig is fine whiskey, and it's the only Vermont Rye, but I don't think we should conclude Vermont is the best place in the US to make rye. For one, Whistle Pig uses Canadian rye stock.

Are the blacks that have college degrees native to Vermont, or did they move there after getting their degree?

Being such a rural state, can it realistically be compared to other states with large urban centers?

Why is the black homeownership rate so low? (9th lowest) if there are so many college graduates?

This article seems like an observation in search of context.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:I'm not sure this has anything to do with Vermont. in particular no, by way of comparison, yes... Whistle Pig is fine whiskey, and it's the only Vermont Rye, but I don't think we should conclude Vermont is the best place in the US to make rye. For one, Whistle Pig uses Canadian rye stock.but we could conclude that brewers of fine IPA's seem to do better here than in other places, and thus those brewers are better off here, regardless of whether or not "here" was cause of their "better offness"

Are the blacks that have college degrees native to Vermont, or did they move there after getting their degree?

Being such a rural state, can it realistically be compared to other states with large urban centers?contrasted?

Why is the black homeownership rate so low? (9th lowest) if there are so many college graduates?

This article seems like an observation in search of context.
from what I gathered from the article blacks who live in VT fare better than those who live elsewhere, not that VT made their lives better...I'd say that most people who live outside of urban poverty stricken areas ( e.g. not the wealthy areas) are better off regardless of what race they may be...so in addition to culture we could also add socioeconomic status and thus the chicken/egg conundrum arises....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....