Dump Google News! Use Bing News!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Dump Google News! Use Bing News!

Post by Highway Star »

Google News, and to a lesser extent Google itself, has turned into a blatantly Pro-Clinton, Anti-Trump mouthpiece. It's been bad for a few months now, but the last few weeks are out of control. Every day the latest CNN or NBC agenda narrative hit piece is at the top of the page, all day. Anything involving crime, terror, corruption, right wing sources or that is a negative for Clinton or the Democrats is usually suppressed. I've switched over to Bing News, which seems to do a much better job of actually aggregating an unbiased range of topics.
Last edited by Highway Star on Aug 11th, '16, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
freeski
Post Office

Re: Dump Google News! Use Bing news!

Post by freeski »

Thank you. I changed my homepage. The election has shown how extreme google is on playing favorites. Yahoo's new format of giving you a paragraph to load ads before you click to go to the source sucks. I like Drudge (although it can be tabloidy), but any story that makes it there is loaded with adds. They know they're getting extra eyeballs.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

freeski wrote:Thank you. I changed my homepage. The election has shown how extreme google is on playing favorites. Yahoo's new format of giving you a paragraph to load ads before you click to go to the source sucks. I like Drudge (although it can be tabloidy), but any story that makes it there is loaded with adds. They know they're getting extra eyeballs.
Word up! Bing seems good so far, somewhat leftist, but neutral enough and not blatant propaganda. I try to read a range of sources, right and left. But Google is not neutral, and really isn't even a good aggregator anymore.

As far as the ads go, you can block them on any browser. Firefox (and most other browers) has the Adblock Plus (ABP) plugin which has very good functionality, but a fairly permissive whitelist so you do see some ads. When I'm forced to use internet explorer, they have a functionality called "tracking protection" that I setup for pretty severe blocking, but it can interfere with the functionality of some webpages.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

+1 Drudge delivers a wide range of material in a concise format. :like

Though, they're not big on Beast news, like garden status, Ski Off and Bum Race results.
That's what makes this board so useful. :lol:

As has been noted, add blockers, while good, do mess up some primary content feeds :dislike

You don't really need to find out
What's going on
You don't really want to know
Just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Don Henley Rules !

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:+1 Drudge delivers a wide range of material in a concise format. :like

Though, they're not big on Beast news, like garden status, Ski Off and Bum Race results.
That's what makes this board so useful. :lol:

As has been noted, add blockers, while good, do mess up some primary content feeds :dislike

You don't really need to find out
What's going on
You don't really want to know
Just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Don Henley Rules !

:Toast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt81bVae4tQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the sound of my brain.

Then I said, this is the sound of my brain on Don Henley!

Then I said, 1 2 3 4...

He's a tortured artist
Used to be in the Eagles
Now he whines
Like a wounded beagle
Poet of despair!
Pumped up with hot air!
He's serious, pretentious
And I just don't care
Don Henley must die!
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey!
Don Henley must die!

Turn on the TV
And what did I see?
This bloated hairy thing
Winning a Grammy
Best Rock Vocalist?
Compared to what?
But your pseudo-serious
Crafty Satanic blot
Don Henley must die!
Put a sharp stick in his eye!
Don Henley must die!
Yea yea yea

Quit playin' that crap
You're out of the band

I'm only kidding
Can't you tell?
I love his sensitive music
Idiot poetry, swell
You and your kind
Are killing rock and roll
It's not because you are O L D
It's cause you ain't got no soul!
Don't be afraid of fun
Loosen up your ponytail!
Be wild, young, free and dumb
Get your head out of your tail
Don Henley must die!
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey!

Don Henley must die!
Put him in the electric chair
Watch him fry!
Don Henley must die
Don Henley must die
No Eagles reunion
The same goes for you, Sting!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Thanks loads for that cacophony. :lol:

Given all the cease and desist orders...
Is Trump using that guy for one of his next events?

:cool
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Thanks loads for that cacophony. :lol:

Given all the cease and desist orders...
Is Trump using that guy for one of his next events?

:cool
that's some kick@ss psychobilly there...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Dump Google News! Use Bing News!

Post by Highway Star »

DO YOU SEE???

http://freebeacon.com/politics/podesta- ... obby-mook/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:DO YOU SEE???

http://freebeacon.com/politics/podesta- ... obby-mook/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think anyone can really disagree...
mach es sehr schnell

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

I stuck my hand up a girls dress 40 years ago.

I guess I'm not eligible to become President.