The Media War is about to get real....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

The Media War is about to get real....

Post by Highway Star »

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/p ... d-everyone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trump’s recruitment of Bannon means war and everyone knows it

“You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will,” General William Tecumseh Sherman wrote to Atlanta’s officials as he moved forward with plans to evacuate and burn the city. “War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out.”

Less than three months before the presidential election, the political establishment and media elites are facing the “curses and malediction” of war of their own making. After years of being used and abused, the Silent Majority they muzzled is rising up and its voice is Republican nominee Donald Trump.

There is no doubt the protectors of the status quo see a threat in Trump. Why else does the media hang on Trump’s every word and pounce whenever they get a whiff of a salacious scent, no matter how faint? Why else has the establishment professed that Trump must change the very formula that resulted in him trouncing multiple Republican rivals — many of whom were thought to be the crème de la crème of Republican politicians?

The answer? Trump is winning this war to restore the Silent Majority and his victory means the pay for play power structure in Washington — enjoyed by both Democrats and Republicans alike — is about to come crashing down.

On trade, foreign intervention, and immigration, Trump is not only at odds with Hillary Clinton, he is at odds with a Republican establishment long protected by a Beltway bubble. On these issues the GOP elite and Hillary parrot the same talking points. Trump, they say, is a protectionist, isolationist, xenophobe who is out of the step with the nation.

But how is a man that fills arenas and won a primary by earning more votes than any other Republican out of step? How does that even make sense?

For decades Republican and Democratic establishments had a great con. They jointly professed that America was a free trade, interventionist, open borders nation and there was no room for debate. The Beltway enjoyed the benefits of Wall Street policies that gutted Main Street economies.

If one dared to oppose this globalist golden calf, they faced excommunication. Throughout the primaries we saw the media and Republican brass trying to pull this con on Trump. Democrats did the same to Bernie Sanders.

The only problem? The DNC succeeded in neutering Bernie while the RNC got neutered by Trump.

With a Trump win, the Republican establishment only had the hope of containment. The plan was to get Trump to believe he had to change his successful, non-establishment, style for the general. The goal was to get Trump to believe he had to become the very politician he opposed to win.

For a brief moment the establishment succeeded and there were signs Trump’s campaign was begrudgingly changing its tone. Trump, though, is no fool.

Why should Trump change his winning formula when his own party – including Speaker Paul Ryan – continues to work against him? Why should he trust the very people who put this country in a stranglehold and have a vested interest in his defeat?

The recruitment of Bannon will release Trump to be the outsider that won a primary in historic fashion. Bannon will encourage Trump to be the very person the RNC warned against and, for that reason, Trump stands to win because this election is not about Republicans versus Democrats; it is about outsider change versus insider corruption.

Just look at the reaction of the media. Bannon’s hire has caused a meltdown, one that quickly spread to Capitol Hill.

“Breitbart isn't a legitimate news organization,” an anonymous GOP Congressman — who had endorsed Trump — told The Hill. “It's a disgraceful propaganda machine that is trying to divide the party.”

But are Bannon and, by extension, Trump trying to divide the party? Are they trying to spread "disgraceful propaganda" destroy the GOP?

Frankly, it is just the opposite. Bannon — through his work at Breitbart — and Trump are not dividing the Republican Party; they are exposing it. They are showing millions of voters that the Republican establishment feels more at home with Hillary than it does with its grassroots voters. They are showing Americans that this is the first two party election held in the United States for quite some time.

“You might as well appeal against the thunder-storm as against these terrible hardships of war,” Sherman wrote. “They are inevitable, and the only way the people … can hope once more to live in peace … is to stop the war, which can only be done by admitting that it began in error and is perpetuated in pride.”

The political establishments of both parties brought about this war. Are they willing to swallow their pride to end it or will Trump have to do to the Beltway Ivory Tower what Sherman did to Atlanta?

Either way, change is coming.
Last edited by Highway Star on Aug 22nd, '16, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Crap is about to get real....

Post by Highway Star »

With just more than two months to go until the election, the final battle line has been drawn. It’s the entire mainstream media including the New York Times, Washington Post, all the broadcast and cable TV news networks as well as Arianna Huffington verses Breitbart News, Drudge Report and Sean Hannity in a buck-naked, bare-knuckle brawl over the soul of America.
http://anewscafe.com/2016/08/22/death-t ... breitbart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: The Media War is about to get real....

Post by Highway Star »

http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/american-j ... -our-eyes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
American journalism is collapsing before our eyes

Donald Trump may or may not fix his campaign, and Hillary Clinton may or may not become the first female president. But something else happening before our eyes is almost as important: the complete collapse of American journalism as we know it.

The frenzy to bury Trump is not limited to the Clinton campaign and the Obama White House. They are working hand in hand with what was considered the cream of the nation’s news organizations.

The shameful display of naked partisanship by the elite media is unlike anything seen in modern America.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

...and Hillary will prevail with the W come November.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:...and Hillary will prevail with the W come November.
You know, I'm actually starting to see a slight bit of drift in the media opinion. They are starting to not believe their own lies, and to see that quite a bit of what Trump says is right, and that Hillary is pretty corrupt (and not healthy). The media is starting to wake up and see where they've gotten themselves. It's subtle, but I swear it's happening.

Prediction: by election day, a significant minority of the mainstream media will have come around to Trump. If Trump can persuade the Independents and Democrats in the American public to vote for him.....what's to say he can't persuade the media to support him?

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Last week there were nude statues of Trump placed in many cities. The media got a good chuckle out of it. If someone was to do the same with naked Cankle statues, complete with saggy.... would the mainstream media still be laughing :?: or would is be a scandal :?:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

freeski wrote:Last week there were nude statues of Trump placed in many cities. The media got a good chuckle out of it. If someone was to do the same with naked Cankle statues, complete with saggy.... would the mainstream media still be laughing :?: or would is be a scandal :?:
Who would be able to make those without getting so sick they could not finish them! :smash :bang :mrgreen:
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Guardian Reporter Reads Nothing But Breitbart for Days, Declares It ‘Genius’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... es-genius/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... nald-trump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you see???

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

UNFIT TO PRINT!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... print.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you look hard enough, you find there's usually a reason for everything -- even at The New York Times.

But whatever the reason -- maybe it was the story about a parasite jeopardizing fly fishing in Montana, or those Russian hackers who attacked the Gray Lady's Moscow bureau -- the latest Clinton Foundation bombshell couldn't be found among "All the News That's Fit to Print."

The Associated Press scoop Tuesday found that at least 85 of 154 people who got an audience with Hillary Clinton while she led the State Department had donated to her family charity. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million and included private citizens with business before the government. It’s as close to a “pay to play” smoking gun as has emerged to date.