Refugees coming to Rutland

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Refugees coming to Rutland

Post by freeski »

brownman wrote:
freeski wrote:
skibon wrote:Wow ur amazing. Thank you, I'm happy to fully understand our laws. Hope our tru colors don't get lost in this environment of bigotry and hatred.
We need to change the thread title to: Refugees NOT coming to Rutland. How do you like those apples :?: 8) :ear
News reports last couple nights showcased a couple Syrian immigrant families that recently settled in The Rut.
i'm betting these Syrian folk will be more productive contributors than the slug dreg citizens mooching down there.

:Toast
Never been to Rutland. You could be right. I found out tonight 10% of the students at Concord High (NH) are refugees. At least the media is covering this in VT. In NH there's been a news black out. A Somali raped a girl in Concord last summer. No coverage on TV news or local print. Normally they're all over this kind of story. The only way I heard was an attorney (friend). If Cankle won Rutland would have the Obama 100 then what another 125 from the Cankler. Well we don't have to worry about that now. :?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:
freeski wrote:
skibon wrote:Wow ur amazing. Thank you, I'm happy to fully understand our laws. Hope our tru colors don't get lost in this environment of bigotry and hatred.
We need to change the thread title to: Refugees NOT coming to Rutland. How do you like those apples :?: 8) :ear
News reports last couple nights showcased a couple Syrian immigrant families that recently settled in The Rut.
i'm betting these Syrian folk will be more productive contributors than the slug dreg citizens mooching down there.

:Toast
the bar is pretty low for sure...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Why does the ban not include Saudi Arabia?
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Nikoli wrote:Why does the ban not include Saudi Arabia?
Cause they said so, guess that's their right.

Presidents can basically do what they want with executive orders and pardons.

See Chelsea Manning and all the drug dealers the last guy let go.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Nikoli wrote:Why does the ban not include Saudi Arabia?
Cause they said so, guess that's their right.

Presidents can basically do what they want with executive orders and pardons.

See Chelsea Manning and all the drug dealers the last guy let go.
“Saudi Arabia — and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me,” Trump said in Mobile, Ala.

“They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”
-Christopher Columbus
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I agree with Nikoli they are muslim and should be banned. The reason they're not is oil. We still import 11% of our oil from the Saudi freaks and 11% is a bigly amount of oil. :D
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Why is Egypt not on the list either? How can we feel safe!
-Christopher Columbus
skibon
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skibon »

Yes, I agree. It's all about oil and money, not people, not security. I Guess the fact that Saudi Arabia produced huge terrorises, like ben laden bd the 9/11 group doesn't matte. So hypocritical.

Sent by bronalea@aol.com:

Trump’s Order Blocks Immigrants at Airports, Stoking Fear Around Globe
BY MICHAEL D. SHEAR AND NICHOLAS KULISH

Legal permanent residents were being stopped as they sought to return from funerals, vacations or study abroad — a clear indication that the directive is being applied broadly.
Or, copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://nyti.ms/2jHTtJ6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skibon
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Skibon, I may never agree with you, butt it's nice to have another poster here. Welcome
skibon
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skibon »

: Check this out: Twitter account shares heartbreaking stories of Holocaust victims who were turned away by the US

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /21701881/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skibon
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/the-p ... immigrants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/subjectpolitic ... 660584620/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://politicalmayhem.news/holy-sht-d ... -live-cnn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

According to the Pew Research Center in 2010, there were 50 Muslim-majority countries.
a travel ban from 7 of them ( many of whom we do not have diplomatic relations with and/or don't have any way to verify the validity of documentation/visa/passport etc...) hardly qualifies as a ban on "muslims"...
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canada welcomes refugees

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Saturday that Canada will welcome refugees rejected by President Donald Trump.

Trudeau also plans to discuss the success of Canada's refugee policy with Trump.

Trudeau reacted to Trump's visa ban for people from certain Muslim-majority countries by tweeting, "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength. #WelcomeToCanada."

Trump signed an executive order on Friday that he billed as a necessary step to stop "radical Islamic terrorists" from coming to the U.S. A 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. by citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen and a 120-day suspension of the U.S. refugee program was also issued.

Trudeau posted a picture on Twitter where he is greeting a Syrian child back in 2015 at the Toronto airport.

Trudeau oversaw the arrival of over 39,000 Syrian refugees soon after he was elected.

"The Prime Minister is looking forward to discussing the successes of Canada's immigration and refugee policy with the President when they next speak," spokeswoman for Trudeau, Kate Purchase said.

Toronto Mayor John Tory weighed in, calling the city the most diverse in the world. "We understand that as Canadians we are almost all immigrants, and that no one should be excluded on the basis of their ethnicity or nationality," Tory said in a statement.

Trump's order singled out Syrians for the most aggressive ban, ordering that anyone from that country, including those fleeing civil war, are indefinitely blocked from coming to the United States.

"We have been assured that Canadian citizens traveling on Canadian passports will be dealt with in the usual process," Purchase said.

Earlier the U.S. State Department said that Canadians with dual citizenship from Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and Libya would be denied entry for the next three months.

Trudeau also posted a statement on Twitter with the hashtag, "ACanadianIsACanadian."

Better get busy on that northern wall.