Refugees coming to Rutland

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Refugees coming to Rutland

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canada welcomes refugees

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Saturday that Canada will welcome refugees rejected by President Donald Trump.

Trudeau also plans to discuss the success of Canada's refugee policy with Trump.

Trudeau reacted to Trump's visa ban for people from certain Muslim-majority countries by tweeting, "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength. #WelcomeToCanada."

Trump signed an executive order on Friday that he billed as a necessary step to stop "radical Islamic terrorists" from coming to the U.S. A 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. by citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen and a 120-day suspension of the U.S. refugee program was also issued.

Trudeau posted a picture on Twitter where he is greeting a Syrian child back in 2015 at the Toronto airport.

Trudeau oversaw the arrival of over 39,000 Syrian refugees soon after he was elected.

"The Prime Minister is looking forward to discussing the successes of Canada's immigration and refugee policy with the President when they next speak," spokeswoman for Trudeau, Kate Purchase said.

Toronto Mayor John Tory weighed in, calling the city the most diverse in the world. "We understand that as Canadians we are almost all immigrants, and that no one should be excluded on the basis of their ethnicity or nationality," Tory said in a statement.

Trump's order singled out Syrians for the most aggressive ban, ordering that anyone from that country, including those fleeing civil war, are indefinitely blocked from coming to the United States.

"We have been assured that Canadian citizens traveling on Canadian passports will be dealt with in the usual process," Purchase said.

Earlier the U.S. State Department said that Canadians with dual citizenship from Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and Libya would be denied entry for the next three months.

Trudeau also posted a statement on Twitter with the hashtag, "ACanadianIsACanadian."

Better get busy on that northern wall.

RESULT:

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:

RESULT:

Well there's a terrific argument, we should not allow Muslim refuges in because our crazy nut jobs might kill them.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:

RESULT:

Well there's a terrific argument, we should not allow Muslim refuges in because our crazy nut jobs might kill them.
I didn't make an argument...I simply pointed out that immediately following his proclamations his country was hit by an islamic act of terror...

further poetic justice for fans of mr inclusive prime minister:

http://ilovemyfreedom.org/lol-liberals- ... tion-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Coydog wrote: Well there's a terrific argument, we should not allow Muslim refuges in because our crazy nut jobs might kill them.
madhatter wrote:I didn't make an argument...I simply pointed out that immediately following his proclamations his country was hit by an islamic act of terror...
As in a cowardly attack on Muslims.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I think Obama would say, We need wait and see what the evidence is... if it is the "T" word it's statistically insignificant. For me, I think it's a horrible and hope we never see anything like it in the U.S.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
Coydog wrote: Well there's a terrific argument, we should not allow Muslim refuges in because our crazy nut jobs might kill them.
madhatter wrote:I didn't make an argument...I simply pointed out that immediately following his proclamations his country was hit by an islamic act of terror...
As in a cowardly attack on Muslims.
ain't they all cowardly? not my battle...c/b sunni vs shiite ...didn't see any US nationals involved so it's not "our" nutjobs...alahu akbar says it's in the name of islam...that's what we know so far...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/FilmingCops/vi ... 309437661/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Ah. So now you see the differences between someone who can articulate what they're doing and why ... versus someone who cannot.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Ah. So now you see the differences between someone who can articulate what they're doing and why ... versus someone who cannot.
I have zero difficulty in understanding trump, perhaps the disconnect is on your end?
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

She's mad at black history month.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:She's mad at black history month.
or waiting for instructions from mediamatters and moveon...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I have zero difficulty in understanding trump, perhaps the disconnect is on your end?
Again, it's not comprehension. The manner in which ideas or plans are communicated often impacts how the ideas/plans are received.