Refugees coming to Rutland

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Refugees coming to Rutland

Post by freeski »

Saw a recent interview with the King of Jordan on 60 minutes. He said his country is past it's breaking point from refugees. Do you think if Jordan was an ocean away they'd be welcoming huge numbers of war refugees? No, he borders Syria and has no choice. Jordan is not happy about the situation and it is bankrupting the country. If you use Jordan having refugees poor over the border from Syria as an example of how a country should take care of immigrants you have no idea of what is going on in the world.

Germany, I'm not even going to touch that. Suffice to say, Merkel has ruined the country and will be gone shortly because of the political backlash.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I'll piss on 'em
that's what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
and get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard

Lou Reed, 1989
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I wonder how many folks in this thread are posting from an Apple device. What's in your hands would not exist if not for a Syrian refugee.

The lack of compassion by some of you, the bigotry, racism and hate, only perpetuates the never ending war of our civilization. As long as you maintain the us vs them mentality, the fighting will never stop. You are complicit.
Attachments
375D003A00000578-3746374-image-m-105_1471524825664.jpg
375D003A00000578-3746374-image-m-105_1471524825664.jpg (100.46 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote: The lack of compassion by some of you, the bigotry, racism and hate, only perpetuates the never ending war of our civilization. As long as you maintain the us vs them mentality, the fighting will never stop. You are complicit.
There should never be compassion for thieves, jihadists, dictators, or tyrants. Never ending defense against them and their armies and followers is always necessary, and failing to focus on that as a primary need of our civilization can also be complicit. ISIS being the illustration of that. Bigotry and hate can often be the fallout of self defense, but self defense should never suffer because of the occasions when a broad brush is necessary.

When your enemy chooses camouflage over a uniform, tactics have to change. I haven't heard hate so much as I have heard concern over camouflage.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Question for deadhead skier and others here that don't care about dead Americans:

The price Americans have to pay to make deadhead skier and others here happy is the death of Americans.

How many Americans have to die deadhead skier? How many, a hundred-a thousand-tens of thousands-hundreds of thousands-millions. How man dead Americans deadhead skier? Come on, give a us a number-how many dead Americans? I want a number-how many Americans have to die at the hands of Muslim terrorist and illegal Mexicans coming to promote their terror and death in the U.S.

Since this thread is about refugees coming to Rutland, how many Vermonters will have to die, how many Killington skiers should die?

Give us a number? Don't try to sugar coat it, give us a damn number?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I don't make my statements as someone who hasn't suffered from the results of terrorism. My college roommate died in the WTC.

I choose to to not channel my grief in Matt's passing towards supporting never ending war that only perpetuates the problem.

Burlington has been a refugee landing spot for decades for Somali Muslims. How many have they killed? How many native born Vermonters murdered others in that timeframe? How come you all haven't been freaking out over refugees in Burlington during this time frame? Maine has excepted tens of thousands of refugees over the past couple decades. How many have they killed compared to native born Mainers?

There are going to be murderers and thieves from all over the world including here at home. Omar Maateen was born here.

You want to discriminate who can come here based on religion and place of birth. I do not.

So, sorry, I'm not giving you a number. Can you give me a number of how many people in the Middle East we need to bomb to death before we stop?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:I wonder how many folks in this thread are posting from an Apple device. What's in your hands would not exist if not for a Syrian refugee.

The lack of compassion by some of you, the bigotry, racism and hate, only perpetuates the never ending war of our civilization. As long as you maintain the us vs them mentality, the fighting will never stop. You are complicit.
First of all, Apple sucks.

Secondly, Job's biological father certainly doesn't sound like a low-skill refugee. He was a Ph.D student in Wisconsin!
Steve Jobs's biological father, Abdulfattah "John" Jandali (b. 1931), was born into a Muslim household and grew up in Homs, Syria.[13] Jandali is the son of a self-made millionaire who did not go to college and a mother who was a traditional housewife.[13] While an undergraduate at the American University of Beirut, he was a student activist and spent time in jail for his political activities.[13] Although Jandali initially wanted to study law, he eventually decided to study economics and political science.[13] He pursued a PhD in the latter subject at the University of Wisconsin, where he met Joanne Carole Schieble, a Catholic of Swiss and German descent, who grew up on a farm in Wisconsin.[3][13][14] As a doctoral candidate, Jandali was a teaching assistant for a course Schieble was taking, although both were the same age.[15] Mona Simpson (Jobs's biological sister), notes that her maternal grandparents were not happy that their daughter was dating Jandali: "it wasn't that he was Middle-Eastern so much as that he was a Muslim. But there are a lot of Arabs in Michigan and Wisconsin. So it's not that unusual."[15] Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs's official biographer, additionally states that Schieble's father "threatened to cut Joanne off completely" if she continued the relationship.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs#Parents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He was also raised by an American family and received early electrical and mechanical training:
Paul and Clara adopted Jobs's sister Patricia in 1957[3] and the family moved to Mountain View, California in 1961.[12] It was during this time that Paul built a workbench in his garage for his son in order to "pass along his love of mechanics."[3] Jobs meanwhile admired his father's craftsmanship "because he knew how to build anything. If we needed a cabinet, he would build it. When he built our fence, he gave me a hammer so I could work with him ... I wasn't that into fixing cars ... but I was eager to hang out with my dad."[3] By the time he was ten, Jobs was deeply involved in electronics and befriended many of the engineers who lived in the neighborhood.[12] He had difficulty making friends with children his own age, however, and was seen by his classmates as a "loner."[12]
Yet another liberal half truth!

Part of the reason the Middle East and Africa is in bad shape is the brain drain they have been suffering for the greater part of the last century. A large percentage of their smartest people leave to get education in the west, and don't come back.

Same exact problem in the state of Vermont, and many other rural areas throughout the country, where people flee to the cities.
Last edited by Highway Star on Oct 6th, '16, 08:17, edited 2 times in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

deadheadskier wrote:I don't make my statements as someone who hasn't suffered from the results of terrorism. My college roommate died in the WTC.

I choose to to not channel my grief in Matt's passing towards supporting never ending war that only perpetuates the problem.

Burlington has been a refugee landing spot for decades for Somali Muslims. How many have they killed? How many native born Vermonters murdered others in that timeframe? How come you all haven't been freaking out over refugees in Burlington during this time frame? Maine has excepted tens of thousands of refugees over the past couple decades. How many have they killed compared to native born Mainers?

There are going to be murderers and thieves from all over the world including here at home. Omar Maateen was born here.

You want to discriminate who can come here based on religion and place of birth. I do not.

So, sorry, I'm not giving you a number. Can you give me a number of how many people in the Middle East we need to bomb to death before we stop?
Yea, I'll give you a number of how many people in the Middle East we need to bomb to death. My answer is ZERO. Get the U.S. out of the Middle East and get the Muslim refugees out of the U.S. I put my wife, kids, grandchildren, relatives and friends and all America first. I don't want any more of them dead so you can feel good.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DHS = ideologically driven imbecile...sorry DHS but you haven't a clue about reality...it's all ideology or the highway w you 24/7/365...we don't need ANY refugees here...and certainly not low skill, illiterates... again w/o any kind of verifiable documentation the number taken in s/b zero...they want to go HOME, help them return HOME if you truly care about them...but dems, libs and progs aren't interested in helping them return HOME because they can't vote D from there...

perhaps when EVERY dr, engineer and other valuable contributor to society who wants to immigrate to the US has been afforded the opportunity to do so we can maybe consider whether or not we need to take on any additional burden...til then nada...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Always about politics with you hatter.

And they want to go home? To a land that's been turned to rubble and continues to get worse due to civil war? That's rich. Thanks for the morning laugh.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Many immigrants decide to return home after spending their working lives in the U.S. Even more send money back home while they are working.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Always about politics with you hatter. more projection, as stated elsewhere if these were expected to be R voters there would be every effort under the sun to keep them out...and I'd actually be ok w that cuz we DO NOT need them, they provide NOTHING we can't get elsewhere with far less risk...

And they want to go home? To a land that's been turned to rubble and continues to get worse due to civil war? who destroyed it? who's civil war?who's fault is all that? ours? That's rich. Thanks for the morning laugh.
if they don't want to go home they aren't seeking refuge they are seeking permanent relocation/immigration...not sure we have a population deficit here...and definitely sure we don't need any increase in the number of unskilled, uneducated and unemployable...

the real laugh is that you imagine there is ANY value or benefit AT ALL in this for the US...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

deadheadskier wrote:Always about politics with you hatter.

And they want to go home? To a land that's been turned to rubble and continues to get worse due to civil war? That's rich. Thanks for the morning laugh.
The only reason B. O., Clinton and people like you want these refugees and illegals from Mexico here is you all know that 80-90% will vote democrat. If they all were going to vote Republican, none of them would be allowed; and you accuse Madhatter of being political.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:

The only reason B. O., Clinton and people like you want these refugees and illegals from Mexico here is you all know that 80-90% will vote democrat. If they all were going to vote Republican, none of them would be allowed; and you accuse Madhatter of being political.
Because he is the one turning this into a partisan issue. It is for him, but certainly is not for me. I could care less who they vote for. Vote for the best candidate, not the letter. I've made it perfectly clear in this election I would have EASILY voted for Kasich, Christie, Paul or Bush over Clinton. I've said many times my ideal candidate for 2020 is Charlie Baker. Locally, I vote probably 75% D, 25% R unless there's a compelling third party candidate. I lean Democrat for sure, but I'm not some partisan hack like you losers who blindly vote R and turn every issue you can into a political debate. So, go screw f.a.st. You're 100% wrong about me.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

Because he is the one turning this into a partisan issue. are you an idiot? Dems have made this a partisan issue for the last 2-3 elections cycles at a minimum but somehow its madhatters fault? typical lybocrite lack of awareness... It is for him, but certainly is not for me. I could care less who they vote for. Vote for the best candidate, not the letter. I've made it perfectly clear in this election I would have EASILY voted for Kasich, Christie, Paul or Bush over Clinton. I've said many times my ideal candidate for 2020 is Charlie Baker. Locally, I vote probably 75% D, 25% R unless there's a compelling third party candidate. I lean Democrat for sure, but I'm not some partisan hack like you losers who blindly vote R and turn every issue you can into a political debate. So, go screw f.a.st. You're 100% wrong about me.
DHS YOU are 100% wrong about YOU... that's how ridiculously oblivious you are... you are the quintessential rabid lunatic partisan, it spills over into EVERY post you make...you carry your partisan hate with you wherever you go regardless of topic, doesn't even have to be a political post and you still carry it with you, projecting that angry partisan hate on everyone else, insisting on absolute compliance with your ideology in every way when all I ( they) ask is to be free, from you...
mach es sehr schnell