Refugees coming to Rutland

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: Refugees coming to Rutland

Post by SnoBrdr »

Highway Star wrote:Furthermore, the USA (English Settlement) was carved out of North America in direct competition with the native population, plus France and Spain over a period of hundreds of years. Nobody "just showed up" to be supported by the state.

So the British, French and Spanish governments did support the majority of people who came to the new world.

Start with Columbus and work forward and it looks a lot different that what you are saying.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Whose side is the government on :?: Do you think most Americans want muslim terrorists coming in and paying huge amounts of money to do so? On top of the cost there's the security concern. So why does the government want them here?
Also, why aren't many of the rich Middle East countries taking ANY in?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:Whose side is the government on :?: Do you think most Americans want muslim terrorists coming in and paying huge amounts of money to do so? On top of the cost there's the security concern. So why does the government want them here?
No one wants terrorists of any kind to come to the USA.

Maybe you should remember this: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Maybe you should check to see what the country of Jordan has done, as well as all the people that Germany has taken in.
pepperdawg
Black Carver

Post by pepperdawg »

SnoBrdr wrote: blah blah You are a sad, little guy who thinks nothing more blah blah blah.

I see little people?
-Woof
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

The negativity on this issue is stunning, and depressing. Bottom line is this.

Your chances of getting injured in a terrorist attack perpetrated by a Syrian refugee is next to zero. The chance of one of these folks restarts their lives by opening an awesome falafel shop on the Access Road is greater than 50%.

I vote for falafel. :like
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Furthermore, the USA (English Settlement) was carved out of North America in direct competition with the native population, plus France and Spain over a period of hundreds of years. Nobody "just showed up" to be supported by the state.

So the British, French and Spanish governments did support the majority of people who came to the new world.

Start with Columbus and work forward and it looks a lot different that what you are saying.
Please point out where colonies were formed as a welfare state?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_c ... e_Americas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massachusetts_Bay_Colony" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like a pretty tough life where everyone works. Oh and you get to fight with the natives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_massacre_of_1622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't see anything here about unskilled refuges being supported by the state?
Demographics[edit]

Most of the people who arrived during the first 12 years emigrated from two regions of England. Many of the colonists came from the county of Lincolnshire and East Anglia, northeast of London, and a large group also came from Devon, Somerset, and Dorset in the southwest of England. These areas provided the bulk of the migration, although colonists also came from other regions of England.[85] The pattern of migration often centered around specific Nonconformist clergy who sought to leave England under threat from Archbishop Laud, who encouraged their flock to accompany them.[86] One characteristic unique to the New England colonies (as distinguished from some of the other English colonies) was that most of the immigrants were emigrating for religious and political reasons, rather than economic ones.[87]

The preponderance of the immigrants were well-to-do gentry and skilled craftsmen. They brought with them apprentices and servants, the latter of whom were sometimes in indentured servitude.[88] Few titled nobility emigrated, even though some supported the emigration politically and financially and also acquired land holdings in Massachusetts and other colonies.[89] Merchants also represented a significant proportion of the migrants, often the children of the gentry, and they played an important role in establishing the economy of the colony.[88]

With the start of the English Civil War in 1642, emigration came to a comparative standstill, and some colonists even returned to England to fight for the Parliamentary cause. In the following years, most of the immigrants came for economic reasons; they were merchants, seamen, and skilled craftsmen. Following the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685, the colony also saw in an influx of French Protestant Huguenots. During the period of the charter colony, small numbers of Scots immigrated, but these were assimilated into the colony.[90] The population of Massachusetts remained largely English in character until the 1840s.[91]
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

"Give me your poor, uneducated, violent masses who will never assimilate and hate you to your core. Yearning to destroy your culture, way of life and chop off your head."

Those who say "Well chances are you'll never be blown up are a$$hats" It's a stupid argument. :shock:
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

freeski wrote:"Give me your poor, uneducated, violent masses who will never assimilate and hate you to your core. Yearning to destroy your culture, way of life and chop off your head."

Those who say "Well chances are you'll never be blown up are a$$hats" It's a stupid argument. :shock:
They also never had a family member killed by Muslim terrorist, their head cut off or body blown up, their blood spilling out onto our streets. They never had a wife or daughter brutally raped and murdered by an illegal Mexican and left to die a horrific and painful death.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

I feel for the persecuted. That being said. As a tax payer why the hell should I finance immigration? This country has enough problems. How about they stop giving out narcan to the crackheads and junkies. Let them dwindle in numbers first. How about America takes care of itself first before importing terrorists and criminals. This country is screwed.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
freeski wrote:"Give me your poor, uneducated, violent masses who will never assimilate and hate you to your core. Yearning to destroy your culture, way of life and chop off your head."

They also never had a family member killed by Muslim terrorist, their head cut off or body blown up, their blood spilling out onto our streets. They never had a wife or daughter brutally raped and murdered by an illegal Mexican and left to die a horrific and painful death.
Are you talking about the experience passed down by your family members.

Those brave immigrants who murdered the natives.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

As far as the Indians, at least in the beginning, it was kill or be killed wasn't it? People look back and think "what peaceful people living in harmony with nature". The truth is they were often at war with their rival tribes. At least the Indians were smart enough to recognize immigrants with different values were a threat to their way of life unlike some on this board.

"Hey, I know whitey wants to kill us, butt let's have some come live with us. We can give them a free teepee, food and monthly wampum". What could go wrong... :|
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:As far as the Indians, at least in the beginning, it was kill or be killed wasn't it? People look back and think "what peaceful people living in harmony with nature". The truth is they were often at war with their rival tribes. At least the Indians were smart enough to recognize immigrants with different values were a threat to their way of life unlike some on this board.

"Hey, I know whitey wants to kill us, butt let's have some come live with us. We can give them a free teepee, food and monthly wampum". What could go wrong... :|

Your ignorance and racism just keeps shining thru.

Amazing that you can even ski with your knuckles on the ground.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:As far as the Indians, at least in the beginning, it was kill or be killed wasn't it? People look back and think "what peaceful people living in harmony with nature". The truth is they were often at war with their rival tribes. At least the Indians were smart enough to recognize immigrants with different values were a threat to their way of life unlike some on this board.

Your ignorance and racism just keeps shining thru.

Amazing that you can even ski with your knuckles on the ground.
When your argument fails, make ad hominen attacks! Call people Racist!!!!

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Highway Star wrote:
Yup :like :like
Ski the edges!
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

SnoBrdr wrote:
freeski wrote:Whose side is the government on :?: Do you think most Americans want muslim terrorists coming in and paying huge amounts of money to do so? On top of the cost there's the security concern. So why does the government want them here?
No one wants terrorists of any kind to come to the USA.

Maybe you should remember this: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Maybe you should check to see what the country of Jordan has done, as well as all the people that Germany has taken in.
:like
Many Americans have clearly lost their way. Very sad.