Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Refugees coming to Rutland

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Ah. So now you see the differences between someone who can articulate what they're doing and why ... versus someone who cannot.
I have zero difficulty in understanding trump, perhaps the disconnect is on your end?
Again, it's not comprehension. The manner in which ideas or plans are communicated often impacts how the ideas/plans are received.
which is why he won...snowflakes are melting down while the rest of us are rejoicing...so far the "opposite" of what you suggest trump should do has paid off well...again the disconnect is on your end...

see here

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... nt-ignored" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

RUTLAND, Vt. (AP) — City Councilor David Allaire has won a four-way race for Rutland mayor, ousting an incumbent who wanted to bring refugees from Syria and Iraq to the community.

Allaire was victorious Tuesday over Mayor Christopher Louras, according to unofficial returns. Louras was seeking his sixth two-year term. Other candidates were downtown advocate Michael Coppinger and resident Kam Johnston, who's running for several other city positions.

The candidates don't run under a party affiliation.

Allaire says a change in leadership is needed to heal the city of about 16,500 that has been divided by Louras' plans to bring up to 100 Syrian refugees to the community this year, and possibly more in years to come.

He has criticized the way Louras rolled out the program, announcing it last April without having sought input from the public and city officials.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Allaire has been pretty clear that his objection has been to how Louras handled the process rather than to the actual decision to bring refugees here. That's the problem many had with the Mayor, even while supporting the end result.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

'Rutland Welcomes' Applauds News That More Refugees Are Expected
Posted By Kymelya Sari on Thu, Apr 13, 2017

http://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/a ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

It's great to see in the news they're bringing their medical knowledge with them. Now, their little girls don't have to go over seas to be mutilated. :sad:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I don't think there are many in Rutland. Haven't heard of any temples being burned down.

Meanwhile the religion of peace...Need to take the kids away from the parents.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sec ... es-n749516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hahahahah totally not surprising...

filmed at BDL...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

This is why I don't want muslims living in my country...Do you think the moderates are against this BS? No

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/as ... -1.3076878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;