Mistake by Trump already

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: Mistake by Trump already

Post by SnoBrdr »

Nikoli wrote:Why apologize then?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... s-43570103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't see any apology there.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

BREAKING NEWS

Trump has egg mcmuffin for breakfast, leaves wrapper on his desk....media outraged...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

f.a.s.t. wrote:B.O.'s spokesman stated today that B.O. still thinks Trump is unfit to be President despite the meeting yesterday.
That is an opinion still shared by many including various republicans, democrats and independents.

However even though I agree he is unfit to be president (I didn't think Hillary was either), it is important that they met to ensure a smooth transition of power. That is how America works.
Don't Killington Pico
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

boston_e wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:B.O.'s spokesman stated today that B.O. still thinks Trump is unfit to be President despite the meeting yesterday.
That is an opinion still shared by many including various republicans, democrats and independents.

However even though I agree he is unfit to be president (I didn't think Hillary was either), it is important that they met to ensure a smooth transition of power. That is how America works.
With large staffs to provide guidance and tempering, plus the ever present press spotlight, many have grown into the presidency. Hillary already has shown us that rather than grow into a powerful office, she chose deceit, secrecy, and payoffs. Even her staff took the fifth. That makes me think that she was far more likely to abuse the office, whereas with Trump we at least have a chance of effective leadership.

These early moves are encouraging:

Not taking a salary. Which wasn't even a campaign promise.
Getting rid of lobbyists that he found in the transition team.
Requiring a contract where any staff cannot be a lobbyist within 5 years of leaving the white house.
Prompt meeting with the outgoing president that (apparently) was more than mere formality.
Continued access to the press, including a 60 Minutes interview.
Getting right to work; naming appointments faster than previous administrations.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

No worries. All Trump hotels are equipped with lavish health clubs.
He'll be the fittest President in history. Hugely Fit.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path