Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:Looks like Trump has at least temporarily given up on dealing with Republicans and is now dealing with Schumer and Pelosi. DACA lives, "dreamers" get a path to citizenship, and Trump gets enhanced border security measures but no wall. Can't wait to hear the bleating from Rush, Bannon, and the rest of his supporters suddenly left out in the cold.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/us/p ... -made.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump Contradicts Democrats, Says No Deal on ‘Dreamers’ Has Been Made
The NY Times. Why no zero hedge link?
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:Looks like Trump has at least temporarily given up on dealing with Republicans and is now dealing with Schumer and Pelosi. DACA lives, "dreamers" get a path to citizenship, and Trump gets enhanced border security measures but no wall. Can't wait to hear the bleating from Rush, Bannon, and the rest of his supporters suddenly left out in the cold.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/us/p ... -made.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump Contradicts Democrats, Says No Deal on ‘Dreamers’ Has Been Made
The NY Times. Why no zero hedge link?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-1 ... night-daca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump: "No Deal Was Made Last Night On DACA... The Wall Will Be Built"
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Looks to me like they reached the framework of a deal over dinner last night that was then so roundly denounced by some on the right that Trump had to backtrack this morning.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote:Looks to me like they reached the framework of a deal over dinner last night that was then so roundly denounced by some on the right that Trump had to backtrack this morning.
So you're saying you trust Pelosi/Schumer over Trump? That's all this parsing boils down to.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote:
Bubba wrote:Looks to me like they reached the framework of a deal over dinner last night that was then so roundly denounced by some on the right that Trump had to backtrack this morning.
So you're saying you trust Pelosi/Schumer over Trump? That's all this parsing boils down to.
Actually, in this case, yes. As I said, a "framework" of a deal but not a final deal. In fact, Trump did, in his own way, back them up yesterday when he said he now backs a deal to protect "Dreamers". It had been reported that a specific discussion over dinner had been the difference between DACA and the Dreamers legislation. That failed legislation included a path to citizenship. Trump was also out saying he'd get his wall but not necessarily immediately, another clue that he'd backed off earlier rhetoric and reached a framework of a deal with Pelosi and Schumer.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Actually, in this case, yes. As I said, a "framework" of a deal but not a final deal. In fact, Trump did, in his own way, back them up yesterday when he said he now backs a deal to protect "Dreamers". It had been reported that a specific discussion over dinner had been the difference between DACA and the Dreamers legislation. That failed legislation included a path to citizenship. Trump was also out saying he'd get his wall but not necessarily immediately, another clue that he'd backed off earlier rhetoric and reached a framework of a deal with Pelosi and Schumer.
trump pushed the issue to congress where it belongs...any deal trump signs is unlikely to include actual citizenship and will need to include significant increases to border security...
For one thing, Trump insists that he isn’t talking about a legal amnesty for Dreamers, which, as it is usually defined, would involve providing them with some sort of path to citizenship. “We’re not looking at citizenship,” he told reporters in Florida. “We’re not looking at amnesty. We’re looking at allowing people to stay here.” There is confusion at the White House on this point, however. On Thursday, a White House spokesperson told reporters that while “there will be no amnesty,” the Administration was considering “legal citizenship over a period of time.” Still, Trump seems to be leaning toward providing the Dreamers with permanent residency status, which would allow them to live and work in the United States indefinitely but wouldn’t grant them full citizenship rights, such as the right to vote.
insist on a physical wall settle for a virtual wall ( that's always been the plan despite what some imagine...) allow em to stay but don;t grant em citizenship or the right to vote etc...( no one was ever actually thinking there would be mass deportations except left win lunatics who also know better but cling to the idea anyway as if it's helpful to them...)
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

madhatter wrote:insist on a physical wall settle for a virtual wall
Staffed by mimes.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Another opinion

Opinion | There's No Art to Trump's Dance With Democrats - Bloomberg
https://apple.news/AW--mrTbaTSmlT7mEJwILSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It depends on what the meaning of "is" (or is that "wall") is:

Aide on Trump's border wall: 'Definition of a wall' needs a conversation - CNN
https://apple.news/AeflXwJG5SJCfidw0kDUAmA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-1 ... night-daca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madhatter wrote: insist on a physical wall settle for a virtual wall ( that's always been the plan despite what some imagine...)
Source?

Sure buddy. Always been the plan. I suppose Donnie texted you this on the DL right?

Will the transparent wall have holes in it so border patrol can see the 60# sacks of drugs being heaved over it?

http://theweek.com/speedreads/711872/tr ... bags-drugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will the transparent wall be solar?

http://www.newsweek.com/will-trumps-sol ... fly-629160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life of a Trumper. Whatever campaign promise he breaks, "It's cool brah! That was the plan all along! #MAGA!" Whatever he fails to achieve *cough healthcare and tax reform*, "It was the plan all along!"

Never in my life have I seen someone so balls deep on a politician as you are with Trump. You just gulp and gulp some more. Sad!

Queue the famous madhatter memes!!! I know you can't resist!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

madhatter wrote: insist on a physical wall settle for a virtual wall ( that's always been the plan despite what some imagine...)
Source? yep cuz you need to be TOLD everything....do you always just sit around waiting to be told what's happening? seems it since ya never have any actual insight or original thoughts of your own...just regurgitation of talking points and angry insults....aka ( barely) useful idiot...

Sure buddy. Always been the plan. I suppose Donnie texted you this on the DL right? good grief we've been discussing this since well before the election while you were still banking on your hillary landslide...here's some more news for the stupid there won't be 12 million deportations, there also won;t be single payer, amnesty or huge refugee settlements here...you need to learn a little ( ok a LOT) about how things work, ya don't put all yer cards on the table and then lay down your money....

Will the transparent wall have holes in it so border patrol can see the 60# sacks of drugs being heaved over it?

http://theweek.com/speedreads/711872/tr ... bags-drugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will the transparent wall be solar?

http://www.newsweek.com/will-trumps-sol ... fly-629160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life of a Trumper. Whatever campaign promise he breaks, "It's cool brah! That was the plan all along! #MAGA!" Whatever he fails to achieve *cough healthcare and tax reform*, uninterested in either of them...not my issues..."It was the plan all along!"

Never in my life have I seen someone so balls deep on a politician as you are with Trump. you really have absolutely no ability to think on your own do you? You just gulp and gulp some more. Sad!tell us about the russia, impeachment, jail time, rape charges etc...never have I seen someone so willing to gobble the MSM propaganda as you...you haven;t been right about trump or anything political as long as you've been posting here...you simply parrot the MSM and pivot to the next talking point time and time again....

Queue the famous madhatter memes!!! I know you can't resist!
whine on bitch....sux for you being too dumb to read between the lines...guess that's why ya got so blindsided last november...wallow in your ignorance...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

We're going to build a wall. A big beautiful virtual wall. And Mexico is gonna pay for it!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:We're going to build a wall. A big beautiful virtual wall. And Mexico is gonna pay for it!
yep dumb donnie, dumb wall, dumb billionaire president... :bang
mach es sehr schnell

icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

From nj.com

WASHINGTON -- More than a dozen House Democrats are seeking to block President Donald Trump's efforts to sell off 1 million barrels of fuel stockpiled in the event of another major northeastern storm.

Legislation would formally create the Northeast Gasoline Supply Reserve, which the U.S. Energy Department set up after Hurricane Sandy led to a weeks-long shortage of fuel for motorists in the region.

Under the bill, the northeast supply would be part of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. It consists of 700,000 barrels near New York Harbor, 200,000 barrels near Boston and 100,000 in South Portland, Maine, according to the U.S. Energy Department.

Trump seeks to drain NE gas reserves

"President Trump's effort to eliminate the Northeast Gasoline Supply Reserve is as outrageous as it is shortsighted," said Rep. Frank Pallone Jr, D-6th Dist., the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and the bill's chief sponsor.

"Given how severely limited access to gasoline was in the wake of Sandy, it is imperative to defend a measure that can save our economy and even save lives in an emergency," Pallone said.

Trump proposed selling off the gas in his spending plan for the 12 months beginning Oct. 1. His budget called the stockpile a "cost-inefficient use of resources."

The entire New Jersey Democratic delegation is among the co-sponsors.

The northeast reserve was established after Hurricane Sandy led to a weeks-long shortage of fuel for motorists.

The hurricane damaged two refineries and forced more than 40 storage terminals in New York Harbor to close, contributing to a gasoline shortage. Even if service stations had fuel, they lacked the power to pump it.

Such a fuel reserve is even more important as the severity of hurricanes, such as Harvey and Irma this year, increase, said Rep. Joe Kennedy III, D-Mass.

"If this gasoline reserve is eliminated for political reasons, it will leave our constituents vulnerable and our local governments unprepared when the unexpected arrives again," Kennedy said.

There also is a Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve, consisting of one million barrels of diesel fuel that was tapped for first responders and emergency generators after Hurricane Sandy.

Jonathan D. Salant may be reached at jsalant@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @JDSalant or on Facebook. Find NJ.com Politics on Facebook

Hopefully this means a snowy Winter. Triple jinx
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Trump's "fake news" attacks lost some power this week as many conservatives believed the main stream media over the administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 49d74d39a5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... 4924e91cdb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As of May 12, the reserve had 688.1 million barrels, equal to about 141 days of net imports of crude oil and refined petroleum products.

The administration has proposed selling off 270 million barrels from the reserve by the year 2027, a move that it also said would allow it to retire two out of the four Gulf Coast facilities that store the oil.
not sure about this either but there have been increases in production haven't there?
“Given the long-term trajectory of domestic energy production and transportation capabilities, a smaller SPR is projected to be able to continue to meet international obligations and emergency needs,”

then there's this from the same aricle:
This isn’t the first time the Strategic Petroleum Reserve has been tapped for revenue. A budget deal in October 2015 included sales of 58 million barrels — 8 percent of the reserve — from 2018 through 2025 to raise $5.1 billion, which would equal 0.125 percent of that year’s budget. In addition, Congress turned to sales of the reserve to meet financing needs of the Highway Trust Fund, which would drain the reserve of another 101 million barrels.
I don't really see the point in selling it off but the nj article implies that there will be zero reserves the day he enacts whatever it is that probably won't happen anyway....WaPo article is worth a read...

madhatter is neither for nor against this "measure"...more info is needed though initially I have to go with "it hardly matters to me either way"... except if its pointless in which case why why bother...
mach es sehr schnell