Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:
dumfvckskier wrote:I'm an idiot that buys any partisan propaganda that comes down the pike
As the Daily Wire noted, the money is actually going toward a fund called Women Entrepreneurs Fund, which is run by the World Bank, not Ivanka. The only thing Ivanka has to do with the fund is that she proposed it. The Wall Street Journal reports : “Ms. Trump has made the promotion of women entrepreneurs a signature part of her focus since her father’s inauguration in January. She has advocated for issues such as paid family leave, though the issue has gained little traction in Congress. While she had proposed the idea of the World Bank fund, Ms. Trump doesn’t control it or raise money for it, one person familiar with the plans said.”

100 million dollars gets donated and all you can do is cry like a bitch... always that "silver lining" for you dhs?
Gee, Ivanka is doing those sort of things that First Ladies and other family members traditionally try to do if they are not to busy with their own kids. Figures the other side of the isle has a problem with it.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I don't have a problem at all with the work Ivanka is doing or the donation from SA.

But according to Trump, people shouldn't accept money from countries that treat women and gays like SA does. He tweeted it hatter. You probably printed that one out and posted it on your refrigerator.

Another day, another incident of him showing most things he said on the campaign were for politically expedient purposes. That one obviously to rile up his base of people like yourself and freeski who are afraid of Muslims.

Another would be how he campaigned on no cuts to Medicaid and in his very first budget proposal he wants to gut it by $800B dollars. The lies are endless with him.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote:I don't have a problem at all with the work Ivanka is doing or the donation from SA.

But according to Trump, people shouldn't accept money from countries that treat women and gays like SA does. He tweeted it hatter. You probably printed that one out and posted it on your refrigerator.

Another day, another incident of him showing most things he said on the campaign were for politically expedient purposes. That one obviously to rile up his base of people like yourself and freeski who are afraid of Muslims.

Another would be how he campaigned on no cuts to Medicaid and in his very first budget proposal he wants to gut it by $800B dollars. The lies are endless with him.
Here it is:
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Now that Gump kissed all the rings, Saudi Arabia good. Hillary still bad.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I don't have a problem at all with the work Ivanka is doing or the donation from SA.

Here it is:
do you not realize that ivanka has NOTHING to do w the charity or the funding in any way? so should trump ask the world bank to return the money?
As the Daily Wire noted, the money is actually going toward a fund called Women Entrepreneurs Fund, which is run by the World Bank, not Ivanka. The only thing Ivanka has to do with the fund is that she proposed it. The Wall Street Journal reports : “Ms. Trump has made the promotion of women entrepreneurs a signature part of her focus since her father’s inauguration in January. She has advocated for issues such as paid family leave, though the issue has gained little traction in Congress. While she had proposed the idea of the World Bank fund, Ms. Trump doesn’t control it or raise money for it, one person familiar with the plans said.”
.take it up w the world bank if ya got a problem with it...or do you propose that trump should campaign against the world bank and insist they return the money? I know this whole politics thing is really difficult for some of you to understand...trump ran against a person who was championing women's rights and LGBTQRSTUV ( or whatever other letters they've added) rights while taking money from a country who opposes those same rights...trump was politically astute to call her out on it...AFAIK trump isn't running against or competing with the world bank in any way...

enjoy your fake news and willful ignorance...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote: do you not realize that ivanka has NOTHING to do w the charity or the funding in any way? so should trump ask the world bank to return the money?
No, because the only principle he lives by is he has no interest unless he thinks there's something in it for himself. Plus his daughter approves and we all know Ivanka good (apparently good enough for him to date, like that's not weird), Hillary bad.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote: do you not realize that ivanka has NOTHING to do w the charity or the funding in any way? so should trump ask the world bank to return the money?
No, because the only principle he lives by is he has no interest unless he thinks there's something in it for himself. Plus his daughter approves and we all know Ivanka good (apparently good enough for him to date, like that's not weird), Hillary bad.
:zzz dafvck would he get involved w the world bank's charity for? there's no positive in it for anyone involved...SA doesn't need the bad publicity, benefactors of the WB charity need the money and you guys already got anything and everything to whine about, no need for trump to pile on...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

US tour for Roger Waters kicked off on Friday night....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1496104808320.jpg
FB_IMG_1496104808320.jpg (41.51 KiB) Viewed 215 times
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

deadheadskier wrote:US tour for Roger Waters kicked off on Friday night....
Call me crazy but I'm not going to a Pink Floyd show to talk politics.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:US tour for Roger Waters kicked off on Friday night....
Call me crazy but I'm not going to a Pink Floyd show to talk politics.
same thing I was just saying to mrs hatter...who exactly got anything of value out of that? no one who likes trump was happy to see it and any one who was happy to see it was not basing their decision to be there on that ( I assume anyway)...perhaps roger waters doesn't care if he turns some "deplorables" off but where is the positive or net gain for anyone involved?
mach es sehr schnell

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

It's an intellectual thing .. lost on deplorables.
Actually, much of Pink Floyd's music is politically nuanced. 8)

Lipstick won't change this embarrassment in chief.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

brownman wrote:Actually, much of Pink Floyd's music is politically nuanced. 8)
This.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
brownman wrote:Actually, much of Pink Floyd's music is politically nuanced. 8)
This.
so nothing then...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

brownman wrote:It's an intellectual thing .. lost on deplorables.
Actually, much of Pink Floyd's music is politically nuanced. 8)

Lipstick won't change this embarrassment in chief.

:seeya
Especially Roger's contributions to the catalog. I'm sure if some Trump fans left the show he'd actually be pleased with that outcome. The fact that a Trump fan would even show up at the show and is a fan of Pink Floyd demonstrates a complete lack of understanding about what the music is often about. They're about as anti-Trump as music gets.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Roger Waters has been slipping toward the Syd Barrett side of the moon for some time. Yes, Pink Floyd has been a political band, butt in a nuanced way. This is out of character for the band.

Even though I'm a deplorable (F you Cankle :D) Waters is correct here as Trump would be the first of the three pigs:
Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha, charade you are
And when your hand is on your heart
You're nearly a good laugh
Almost a joker
With your head down in the pig bin
Saying "keep on digging"
Pig stain on your fat chin
What do you hope to find?
When you're down in the pig mine
You're nearly a laugh
You're nearly a laugh