Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote: HILLARYOUS-- the most wonderful time in 8 years....
Looking past the giddiness.... Trump will inevitably have his Iran-Contra or Bay of Pigs. His appointees will not be perfect, keeping DHS in material every year or so. His (and his wealthy appointee's) wealth and holdings will fuel conflict of interest comments throughout his term.

It occurs to me that there is an interesting structure developing: Trump makes outlandish policy pronouncements, they are tempered by Ryan and the Senate is glad to pass the reduced version instead of the outrageous proposal. Tom and Dick Smothers... and Tom is the smarter one. Regan didn't have this, he had Tip O'Neil to get by, and it took the form of big spending.

And there will be over inflated expectations. Look at Trickle Down Economics. The left loves to discredit that. Trickle down never was meant to imply the rich would someday have so much money, they would just gladly shovel some at the lower classes. It would just show up at your door, magically. And of course that will never happen. Trickle down means demand instead of sluggishness. Trickle down means double the GNP, Trickle down means opportunity. Trickle down means a robust economy where the rich invest here instead of offshore, and there are many jobs to choose from. You still have to work, and you still need to climb the education/experience work ladder. Trickle down doesn't mean minimum wage laws that pay a burger flipper the same as a UPS driver. Hopefully this will get explained better this time around.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote: HILLARYOUS-- the most wonderful time in 8 years....
Looking past the giddiness.... Trump will inevitably have his Iran-Contra or Bay of Pigs. His appointees will not be perfect, keeping DHS in material every year or so. His (and his wealthy appointee's) wealth and holdings will fuel conflict of interest comments throughout his term.

It occurs to me that there is an interesting structure developing: Trump makes outlandish policy pronouncements, they are tempered by Ryan and the Senate is glad to pass the reduced version instead of the outrageous proposal. Tom and Dick Smothers... and Tom is the smarter one. Regan didn't have this, he had Tip O'Neil to get by, and it took the form of big spending.

And there will be over inflated expectations. expectations have already been exceeded, BIGLY....Look at Trickle Down Economics. The left loves to discredit that. along with most of reality.... Trickle down never was meant to imply the rich would someday have so much money, they would just gladly shovel some at the lower classes. It would just show up at your door, magically. And of course that will never happen. Trickle down means demand instead of sluggishness. Trickle down means double the GNP, Trickle down means opportunity. Trickle down means a robust economy where the rich invest here instead of offshore, and there are many jobs to choose from. You still have to work, and you still need to climb the education/experience work ladder. Trickle down doesn't mean minimum wage laws that pay a burger flipper the same as a UPS driver. Hopefully this will get explained better this time around.
anyone with a HS diploma can easily understand this, some simply refuse...it's not that they are stupid, it's that they know so much that isn't so....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I wouldn't expect you to see what Trumps obvious plans are hatter. You've proven yourself too stupid for logical thought, over and over and over.

Like a sheep dog, you've fallen for his whistle. Like the idiots in the Midwest who believed his blatant lies of his plans for this country. Trump is going use the Presidential office to enrich himself and other cronies like no President this country has ever seen. He DGAF about American workers, but all you lemmings will be blind to the obvious in your meaningless red hats. You've been conned beyond belief. Actually given how stupid you are it's quite believable.

Going to be funny to watch the next 8 years as promise after promise gets traded for corruption in the highest office in the land.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I wouldn't give him two terms yet. If there was ever a POTUS who could face a challenge from within their own party it would be Trump. Also, don't count Cankle out for 2020; her people are telling her she can't loose. :lol:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:I wouldn't expect you to see what Trumps obvious plans are hatter. You've proven yourself too stupid for logical thought, over and over and over.

Like a sheep dog, you've fallen for his whistle. Like the idiots in the Midwest who believed his blatant lies of his plans for this country. Trump is going use the Presidential office to enrich himself and other cronies like no President this country has ever seen. ummm he's already rich, unlike the clintons and obamas who have used "public service" as a grift machine...He DGAF about American workers, but all you lemmings will be blind to the obvious in your meaningless red hats. You've been conned beyond belief. Actually given how stupid you are it's quite believable.actually you are describing you and the rest of teh special snowflakes along w the entire dem party...projection as always...what did obama do for ANY workers? help corporations eliminate their jobs?

Going to be funny to watch the next 8 years as promise after promise gets traded for corruption in the highest office in the land.
hahahhahaah you are a delusional @ssclown..seriously you have zero analytical skills, zero insight and zero ability to draw a logical conclusion...rather enjoyable watchint you have your fits of rage, gonna be a long fun 8 years laughing at you...

so great...

enjoy your life as a ( barely) useful idiot who's no longer even that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Trump would be foolish to ignore the interests of his business during his time of POTUS. I don't know how anyone can believe there is any kind of Chinese wall between the White House and Trump Organization.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Trump would be foolish to ignore the interests of his business during his time of POTUS. he has family to take care of that...I don't know how anyone can believe there is any kind of Chinese wall between the White House and Trump Organization.
what exactly would he illegally do that would directly benefit his business? I'm just not seeing it...please explain in detail what exactly is is that people imagine trump will do to use the office illegally to enrich himself...

IMO his motivation for being elected was to prove he has the chops to tackle and resolve the issues and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Not to take a huge step down in every aspect of his life, to subject himself to the idiotic rants of the MSM and fools like DHS on a daily basis and to subject his every action and business transaction to intense media scrutiny in order to somehow enrich himself...seriously do some critical thinking, being president is about the worst career choice for a billionaire trying to increase his holdings...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Trump would be foolish to ignore the interests of his business during his time of POTUS. he has family to take care of that...I don't know how anyone can believe there is any kind of Chinese wall between the White House and Trump Organization.
what exactly would he illegally do that would directly benefit his business? I'm just not seeing it...please explain in detail what exactly is is that people imagine trump will do to use the office illegally to enrich himself...

IMO his motivation for being elected was to prove he has the chops to tackle and resolve the issues and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Not to take a huge step down in every aspect of his life, to subject himself to the idiotic rants of the MSM and fools like DHS on a daily basis and to subject his every action and business transaction to intense media scrutiny in order to somehow enrich himself...seriously do some critical thinking,
I can imagine the strength of the Chinese wall between a father and his children is impervious - probably not.

I wasn't asserting he would do anything illegal, but I think he would be wary about passing any legislation that would adversely impact his business.
madhatter wrote:being president is about the worst career choice for a billionaire trying to increase his holdings...
I think it's pretty brilliant.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Not to take a huge step down in every aspect of his life, to subject himself to the idiotic rants of the MSM and fools like DHS on a daily basis and to subject his every action and business transaction to intense media scrutiny in order to somehow enrich himself...seriously do some critical thinking,
I can imagine the strength of the Chinese wall between a father and his children is impervious - probably not.

I wasn't asserting he would do anything illegal, but I think he would be wary about passing any legislation that would adversely impact his business. such as?
madhatter wrote:being president is about the worst career choice for a billionaire trying to increase his holdings...
why?
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
why?
If you want to change or prevent labor laws, tax codes, and other rules/regulations impacting your business ... what better way to do it than be POTUS.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
why?
If you want to change or prevent labor laws, tax codes, and other rules/regulations impacting your business ... what better way to do it than be POTUS.
but i thought he was already paying zero? how about some sort of real world example of this providing a path to wealth above and beyond where he is already? yeah I can see where it provided hopey dope an avenue to sell books and maybe give some porky pig like speeches, but what about for someone like trump who already was successful w/o the public trough? someone who is 70 yrs old and a billionaire? where;s the "brilliant" coup to become wealthy via public office there?
I wasn't asserting he would do anything illegal, but I think he would be wary about passing any legislation that would adversely impact his business.
please elaborate... what labor laws, tax codes or other rules/regulations impacting his business are you concerned he will alter solely for HIS benefit? or is this just a bunch of "well maybe kinda sorta what if ya never know" conjecture w no real basis?
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
why?
but i thought he was already paying zero? how about some sort of real world example of this providing a path to wealth above and beyond where he is already? yeah I can see where it provided hopey dope an avenue to sell books and maybe give some porky pig like speeches, but what about for someone like trump who already was successful w/o the public trough? someone who is 70 yrs old and a billionaire? where;s the "brilliant" coup to become wealthy via public office there?
Running a business involves more than just taxes. Maybe if legislation to raise the minimum wage gets to his desk he'll veto it to protect the margins of his properties? Maybe the current tax laws are not conducive to the expansion he wants to do overseas because of how repatriating overseas profits will hurt his business? There are a plethora of other examples. I don't know how you don't see how Trump can benefit his business by being POTUS. I assume you think if the ExxonMobil CEO becomes Secretary of State he'll totally forget about his company?
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I wasn't asserting he would do anything illegal, but I think he would be wary about passing any legislation that would adversely impact his business.
please elaborate... what labor laws, tax codes or other rules/regulations impacting his business are you concerned he will alter solely for HIS benefit? or is this just a bunch of "well maybe kinda sorta what if ya never know" conjecture w no real basis?
See above. I didn't say I'm concerned. I said "If you want to change or prevent labor laws, tax codes, and other rules/regulations impacting your business ... what better way to do it than be POTUS."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

why?
Running a business involves more than just taxes. Maybe if legislation to raise the minimum wage gets to his desk he'll veto it to protect the margins of his properties? min wage legislation is not much of a priority for R's and conservatives so pretty much expect nothing of the sort to reach his desk... Maybe the current tax laws are not conducive to the expansion he wants to do overseas because of how repatriating overseas profits will hurt his business? he campaigned on repatriation so we'll see about that... There are a plethora of other examples. I don't know how you don't see how Trump can benefit his business by being POTUS. I assume you think if the ExxonMobil CEO becomes Secretary of State he'll totally forget about his company? well he's actually going to be forced to retire by exxon very soon...
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I wasn't asserting he would do anything illegal, but I think he would be wary about passing any legislation that would adversely impact his business.
See above. I didn't say I'm concerned. I said "If you want to change or prevent labor laws, tax codes, and other rules/regulations impacting your business ... what better way to do it than be POTUS."
of course I see how he "could" I just can;t see where one would go thru what he went thru to become president for those "benefits"...I'm sure there are numerous ways to accomplish the same bottom line w/o the whole "run for president" circus and all the spotlight and criticism from every angle...do you not remember how very popular and successful he has been on tv and in real estate? all while never holding or even running for a political office?
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Maybe not a great idea to tweet about starting an arms race (expensive and dangerous). Perhaps, forget about the election and prepare for the next four years. Also, don't get too excited about stock gains until his policies produce results because if they don't and the deficit skyrockets it will crash hard.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

freeski wrote:Maybe not a great idea to tweet about starting an arms race (expensive and dangerous). Perhaps, forget about the election and prepare for the next four years. Also, don't get too excited about stock gains until his policies produce results because if they don't and the deficit skyrockets it will crash hard.
:like