Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by deadheadskier »

Even the National Review thinks what Junior did was totally shady.

It may not have been illegal, but it's pretty clear that the campaign desired to work with the Russian government to defeat Clinton.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ion-russia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Even the National Review thinks what Junior did was totally shady.

It may not have been illegal, but it's pretty clear that the campaign desired to work with the Russian government to defeat Clinton.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ion-russia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:zzz :zzz :zzz

you guys have become soooooo desperate it's painful to watch....how about pressuring your congress people to start working on legislation you want to see passed? surely if you all applied a fraction of the intensity you have for hating trump to doing something constructive we could solve all the worlds problems in a week or three...

I can see where the left hopes to make hay from this, I don;t like the sound of it either but I don't really see anything coming of it...when I read it over I'm like "man this sounds bad" but then I see that the law forbids foreign campaign contributions but says nothign about garnering intel from foreign sources ( or govts) that would apply here...looking deeper it appears that this is not unprecedented...in fact one might say that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case...

from the article:
Let’s define our terms. The word “collusion” doesn’t have precise legal meaning. It’s largely a political term that refers to claims and allegations that the Trump team worked in some way with Russians as part of the alleged Russian effort to elect Trump. In other words, to claim that Trump officials colluded with Russians is not the same thing as claiming that they violated the law. As with many political operations, including dealings with foreign governments, their actions can be unsavory without being illegal.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ion-russia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but hey good luck to ya's...

seems like yer right where ya need to be...congrats on that... :Toast
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:do you honestly imagine that those who voted for trump are going to become frustrated that he hasn't advanced HC and tax reform despite many efforts and that those same people are now gonna vote for a D that absolutely opposes anything and everything trump simply because its trump? I'm gonna go w no there and w that the case how exactly do you imagine the sitting president whose opposition is rudderless as having any kind of challenge come 2018 or 2020? a lot can change but right now there's absolutely nothing to indicate that the D's are doing anything at all to move on from the losses of the last few years and form some sort of opposition that resonates outside the already overwhelmingly blue ares whose expansion in voting numbers won't do anything to help them win a national election...
Yes.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-1 ... -narrative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For almost a full year now the New York Times, Washington Post, MSNBC and CNN, among others, have teamed up to bring us one Russian collusion story after another. Yet, after all of it, even including the New York Times' most recent Trump Jr. 'bombshell', they are still no closer to actually presenting any tangible evidence that anyone within the Trump administration actually colluded with the Russian government and/or otherwise committed any actual crimes of any type throughout the 2016 campaign.

And while we suspect that these media outlets somehow feel it is their duty to advance the cause of 'The Resistance' at all costs, even if it means destroying their own journalistic integrity from time to time with a few fake news reports, we get the feeling that this crusade could end up backfiring 'bigly' with the folks of middle America.

As Reuters points out today, absent any tangible evidence to the contrary, the media's breathless Russian coverage has done little to turn the pro-Trump sections of middle America against the President...if anything, it has only served to bolster their support of the President and further erode their confidence in the media.

Many of the 20 people interviewed in several Ohio towns were dismissive of the barrage of headlines about a June 2016 meeting between Trump's eldest son Donald Jr. and a woman he was told was a Russian government lawyer who might have damaging information about Democratic election rival Hillary Clinton.

In Little Hocking, Ohio, Lisa Walker, 54, runs a small thrift shop. Wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the American flag, she says her husband has expressed fears that somebody is going to try and assassinate Trump.

She and her husband voted for Trump. She has followed the revelations about the younger Trump on the news. She sees the Russia investigation as proof that "people are out to get Trump. I would hope they have better things to do than play games and attack Trump."

Similarly, in Jackson and Piketon, Ohio, Donald Trump Jr.'s troubles appeared to strengthen support for his father and Trump family members who many in the area see as embattled victims.

In Hillsboro, the county seat of Highland County, the editor of the Hillsboro Times Gazette, Gary Abernathy, says many people in the county believe the media is trying to destroy Trump.

"I don't mind Donald Trump being treated critically or aggressively, but not in a way that is an effort to drag him down. Donald Trump Jr. had one 20 minute meeting with a lawyer from Russia and it's wall-to-wall coverage."
In reality, it's quite obvious that the media's mass hysteria is really only serving to bolster 'The Resistance' in the major metro areas of the country. But, as Democrats should have learned by now, rallying the disaffected liberal voters of New York and California is not going to win any national elections.

Of course, this isn't a new phenomenon. Recent polls have suggested that voters grew weary of the media's constant Russia hysteria some time ago. In fact, a recent Marist poll conducted before the latest Trump Jr. story was released suggested that only 25% of Americans thought that Trump had done "something illegal." Meanwhile, even among Democrats, only 41% thought that something criminal happened in the 2016 election.

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Trump's voter base would continue to support him even if pictures of him screwing a chicken surfaced on Fox News.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:Trump's voter base would continue to support him even if pictures of him screwing a chicken surfaced on Fox News.
let's be realistic there's not many other viable options...

absolutely no point ( or reason) in attacking trump if you voted for him...the most important objective was to prevent hillary clinton from being installed as obama's ( and the D's) chosen successor...as a result of that a secondary objective was fulfilled in appointing gorsuch to SCOTUS...

those are two huge wins vs clinton winning and appointing to SCOTUS...

the slowing/unraveling of the progressive/obama agenda by whatever means and ways it may have occurred thus far are tertiary yet still of significant note...

further still down the line are a whole host of other govt and non govt related, direct and indirect effects that also factor in such as:

the exposure and subsequent discrediting of the MSM propaganda machine

enforcement of border and immigration laws already on the books and the resultant decrease in illegal crossings

the implosion of the D party

the rabid insanity of the left ( and never trumpers)

and contrary to what some my believe many trump voters don't want a lot from govt so when govt is ground to a halt with only the most important and bipartisan issues being addressed that's a positive too...

I'd like to eventually see D's work w R's in congress or for there to be more "issue oriented" I's elected to congress to accomplish the same, LEGISLATE...

lots of power to be ceded though so don't expect that to happen...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

You are confusing Trump's voter base (i.e. those who voted affirmatively for Trump) with those who voted against Hillary or voted for Trump for other reasons. The base will always be with him just as Nixon retained 25% support on his way into the helicopter. Regardless, unless more (potentially incriminating) information comes out, Trump is our President for 4 or 8 years, like it or not.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Wanna bet :?:
Stony Brook is more likely to win a National Championship :wink:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

brownman wrote:Wanna bet :?:

buuurrrrnnnnn
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
brownman wrote:Wanna bet :?:

buuurrrrnnnnn
really? more like burnt toast...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Well it's good that the President is concerned about people getting hurt by 60# bags of drugs getting heaved over the wall.

Probably make for a good Monty Python skit

"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can’t see through that wall -- so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall.

And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them -- they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As cray as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs"
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Guess if you're Asian, you might want to check and see if the owner of a ski house you wish to rent is a Trump supporter.

Deplorable!!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-a ... y,amp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

meanwhile here's the representative from dickheadskiers beloved portland the progressive bastion of liberal ideals...
AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A Maine state representative is apologizing for a profanity-laced online rant that some readers are interpreting as a threat against President Donald Trump.

Rep. Scott Hamann is a Democrat who represents parts of South Portland and Cape Elizabeth.

The Maine Republican Party obtained an excerpt from comments that Hamann made during an exchange on Facebook. In explicit language, Hamann concludes his tirade by saying "Trump is a half term president, at most, especially if I ever get within 10 feet of [him]." The full contents of his message can be seen in a post on the Maine GOP's Twitter account, but be warned that the language is graphic:

Maine Republican Party Chair Demi Kouzounas issued a statement condemning Hamann's comments. "Words cannot even begin to describe the level of revulsion I feel," she said. "The best way I can describe these comments is simple: unhinged and dangerous." Kouzounas called on leading Democrats to take action against Hamann.

After Republicans publicized his Facebook comments, Hamann released the following apology:

I regret my impulsive decision to post something aggressively sarcastic and inappropriate in a Facebook exchange with a childhood friend. While the tone of the post was born out of frustration with the vile language currently surrounding politics, I should not have responded with the same language. This is not language I typically use, it does not reflect my personal values, and while misguided, it was intended to make a visceral point about the devolving political discourse in America.
Although Hamann's apology was released by the Communications Director for the Maine State House Majority Office, Democratic Party leadership refused comment.
then the deranged imbecile blames everyone else and says it doesn't reflect his personal values...zero self awareness just like DHS...two turds in the same bowl...spare us your faux outrage...

apparently the secret service is interested in talking with this idiot...

https://bangordailynews.com/2017/07/14/ ... mp-tirade/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

keep on keepin' on w that good hate leftards....
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Your beloved Trump only hires the best turds from the bowl though right hatter?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/23/politics/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:i know you are but what am i....

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/23/politics/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
A New York Republican who served as Donald Trump's campaign co-chair in the state
now there's a high ranking govt official w close ties to trump... :roll: co-chair of a state campaign office in a state neither of us live in...yer one-upsmanship needs some game... your local congressman is under investigation for threatening to kill the president and you liken it to some third tier hack calling michelle obama a gorrilla? I guess in your demented oversensitive world where you are deeply offended by someone calling mo a gorrilla , cankle is likely a capital offense, whereas no doubt the congressman was absolutely justified given the current president...

the good hate....first and foremost always and forever...

oh yeah and thanks for sharing your craigslist experience I got a good laugh out of it...bet yer wife was pissed you rejected her cankles for a street whore huh? do you have to register as a sex offender now?

fun times eh? maybe just stick to politics going fwd...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Haven't lived in Maine for 8 years hatter. But, nice try.

And maybe you should focus on your own wife buddy. I am sure she's tired of being the only one in the house with a job.