Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
7. Antifa conflates speech with violence, believing that “offensive” rhetoric, “hate” speech, and micro-aggressions should be counteracted with macro-aggressions, or physical violence. Internalizing the social justice warrior (SJW) gospel, Antifa has come to believe that speech itself is tantamount to physical assault. As a result, Antifa deploys violent tactics to shut down speech they don’t like. We saw that vividly in Berkeley.

“In the name of fighting for those ideals — and putting a stop to ‘hate speech’—some antifa protestors will employ militant tactics or violent means such as vandalism,” explains Time.

Antifa’s tactics aren’t just violent but counterproductive to their poorly-articulated goals.

“It just makes [antifa] feel good — they think they made a point,” Mark Pitcavage, a domestic political extremism researcher with the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), tells Politico. “But their tactics are counterproductive. They haven’t made any dent over the years with those tactics. … And it gives the white supremacists an unbelievable amount of publicity.”
seems DHS also concurs w the bold...
Settle down Strawhatter

Couldn't be further from the truth buddy. I am never for violence other than self defense. I think of Antifa much the same that I think of White Supremacists or any other extremist groups. Yes, shout down hatred. Yes, work to educate and extinguish racism. No to physically assaulting those who hold those extremist views unless they are causing physical harm to others and need to be jailed.

What you often criticize me for, "the good hate", you and many conservatives have yourself towards extremist Muslims and it's completely justified. I agree with it.

Fact is that the majority of the counter protesters to the Unite the Right rally were residents of that city who didn't want white supremacists marching down their streets with torches spewing hate with many of them dressed in military garb while holding shields and high powered rifles. There was zero peaceful motive behind Unite the Right. It was all done in hate and as such, people responded in kind.

How the hell do think Rutland would respond to a bunch of Muslims marching down main street with torches, towels on their heads, AK47s on their waist and screaming hatred towards Christians like the Alt Right folks were doing towards Jews in Charlottesville this weekend? You don't think there would be a mass resistance to that extremism out of fear and wanting to protect their community? You think everyone would be like, "that's cool Ibrahim, America bro, 1st Amendment got your back."

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg[/youtube]

Would you demand the same level of tolerance on the basis of the first Amendment if extremist Muslims were pulling the same crap? Even if it were only a couple hundred of them while the vast majority of Americans were playing soccer and eating ice cream thinking no big deal like that initial zerohedge piece you shared?

It would be totally cool right?

I mean, you are all for the Muslim nation ban right? Clearly that's a form of trying to shut out that kind of extremism from American society. But, Charlottesville should have just stood pat and let the White Supremacists do their thing right?

It all boils down to this Hatter. There is a good hate, a limit to our tolerance of the intolerant. You have it just as much as I do.

But keep screaming 1st Amendment freedom about Richard Spencer and those losers. Lord knows if his name was Mohammed, you wouldn't be singing the same tune.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
7. Antifa conflates speech with violence, believing that “offensive” rhetoric, “hate” speech, and micro-aggressions should be counteracted with macro-aggressions, or physical violence. Internalizing the social justice warrior (SJW) gospel, Antifa has come to believe that speech itself is tantamount to physical assault. As a result, Antifa deploys violent tactics to shut down speech they don’t like. We saw that vividly in Berkeley.

“In the name of fighting for those ideals — and putting a stop to ‘hate speech’—some antifa protestors will employ militant tactics or violent means such as vandalism,” explains Time.

Antifa’s tactics aren’t just violent but counterproductive to their poorly-articulated goals.

“It just makes [antifa] feel good — they think they made a point,” Mark Pitcavage, a domestic political extremism researcher with the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), tells Politico. “But their tactics are counterproductive. They haven’t made any dent over the years with those tactics. … And it gives the white supremacists an unbelievable amount of publicity.”
seems DHS also concurs w the bold...
Settle down Strawhatter

Couldn't be further from the truth buddy. I am never for violence other than self defense. I think of Antifa much the same that I think of White Supremacists or any other extremist groups. Yes, shout down hatred. Yes, work to educate and extinguish racism. No to physically assaulting those who hold those extremist views unless they are causing physical harm to others and need to be jailed.

What you often criticize me for, "the good hate", you and many conservatives have yourself towards extremist Muslims and it's completely justified. I agree with it.

Fact is that the majority of the counter protesters to the Unite the Right rally were residents of that city who didn't want white supremacists marching down their streets with torches spewing hate with many of them dressed in military garb while holding shields and high powered rifles. There was zero peaceful motive behind Unite the Right. It was all done in hate and as such, people responded in kind.

How the hell do think Rutland would respond to a bunch of Muslims marching down main street with torches, towels on their heads, AK47s on their waist and screaming hatred towards Christians like the Alt Right folks were doing towards Jews in Charlottesville this weekend? You don't think there would be a mass resistance to that extremism out of fear and wanting to protect their community? You think everyone would be like, "that's cool Ibrahim, America bro, 1st Amendment got your back."

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg[/youtube]

Would you demand the same level of tolerance on the basis of the first Amendment if extremist Muslims were pulling the same crap? Even if it were only a couple hundred of them while the vast majority of Americans were playing soccer and eating ice cream thinking no big deal like that initial zerohedge piece you shared?

It would be totally cool right?

I mean, you are all for the Muslim nation ban right? no, I'm for a process that assures us that ANYONE who immigrates here from anywhere can be verified as who they say they are...Clearly that's a form of trying to shut out that kind of extremism from American society. But, Charlottesville should have just stood pat and let the White Supremacists do their thing right?they had a permit...it's not really my call...

It all boils down to this Hatter. There is a good hate, a limit to our tolerance of the intolerant. You have it just as much as I do.

But keep screaming 1st Amendment freedom about Richard Spencer and those losers. Lord knows if his name was Mohammed, you wouldn't be singing the same tune.I'm not too much into this taliban like removal of history...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
regardless of who is marching I wouldn't be involved in any way...I think protesters and marchers are a bunch of petulant children incapable of accepting reality...they still have the right to do it...best I can tell counter protesters attempted to block the protesters who had a permit from entering the park and that's when the SHTF...same thing that antifa/blm does everywhere they show up, they attempt to coerce with violence to get what they want...make em get a permit or remove them from the scene...they pulled the same crap at nearly every trump campaign rally, at Berkeley, in NYC and elsewhere too...a lot of it has to do with identity politics...thus far a hallmark of the left, but by default the groups that they identify against will also adopt identity politics...and that's a recipe for disaster, brought to you by the purveyors of cloward piven and project storm....by design...the barely useful idiots are entirely expendable and infinitely replaceable...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-1 ... -americans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.hermancain.com/how-the-alt- ... ueling-the" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The girl who climbed up a ladder and put a noose around the statues neck has been arrested for felony destruction of property. Lock her up for 50 years and make an example of her. If I saw someone doing that on the NH statehouse lawn I'd beat them within inches of their life. :twisted:

Now arrest the people who pulled the rope. :banana:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:The girl who climbed up a ladder and put a noose around the statues neck has been arrested for felony destruction of property. Lock her up for 50 years and make an example of her. If I saw someone doing that on the NH statehouse lawn I'd beat them within inches of their life. :twisted:

Now arrest the people who pulled the rope. :banana:
yeah I got a big problem w cops standing by observing and then later bringing charges...is that the same protection you'd get if confronted by an angry mob? cops need to be more than just "observers"...they are there to serve and protect, not observe and administrate...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Interesting thing about the Lee statue? He wouldn't have wanted it or any other Confederate monuments.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/rob ... monuments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also.....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1502884104383.jpg
FB_IMG_1502884104383.jpg (225.37 KiB) Viewed 571 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Interesting thing about the Lee statue? He wouldn't have wanted it or any other Confederate monuments.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/rob ... monuments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also.....
you can;t help but just fall for this propaganda time and again...MOST of america doesn't even give any of these monuments a second thought til they are told to...no doubt ya didn't bother to read either of the articles I posted...bottom line identity politics is the bread and butter of the left, it enables them to "shout down" drown out or otherwise silence anyone they don;t agree with...do you really think that those who are on the other side are just going to sit back and take it forever? this is what the last election was about....half of the country being labeled as deplorable and thus of no value or concern...but the left can't accept that so now they want to overturn or otherwise negate the duly elected president and by that action negate the will of those who used the proper channels ( voting) to enact change... and if that means silencing free speech by whatever means necessary to "stop hate" then so be it....problem is eventually the other side adopts a "by any means" policy...

always that emotional qualifier or demand for someone else's money involved in every left wing idea thought or process...ALWAYS...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/hardcoreameric ... 011059155/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

antifa raises flag in MN...
mach es sehr schnell

biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

deadheadskier wrote:Interesting thing about the Lee statue? He wouldn't have wanted it or any other Confederate monuments.

Also.....
Am I pulling up fake sites when I google search Field Marshal Rommel Monuments?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.lifezette.com/referral/video ... president/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ya see the problem here? sore losers want to negate the election....here's an idea put up a candidate that can win...problem solved...except that's what the right did yet the left refuses to accept it... there's already been a pretty significant breakdown in society and the rule of law, how long til it reaches a boiling point? midterms? 2020? tomorrow? this protest/counter protest thing isn't anything anyone should be embracing...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:

Also.....
you can;t help but just fall for this propaganda time and again...MOST of america doesn't even give any of these monuments a second thought til they are told to...no doubt ya didn't bother to read either of the articles I posted...bottom line identity politics is the bread and butter of the left, it enables them to "shout down" drown out or otherwise silence anyone they don;t agree with...do you really think that those who are on the other side are just going to sit back and take it forever? this is what the last election was about....half of the country being labeled as deplorable and thus of no value or concern...but the left can't accept that so now they want to overturn or otherwise negate the duly elected president and by that action negate the will of those who used the proper channels ( voting) to enact change... and if that means silencing free speech by whatever means necessary to "stop hate" then so be it....problem is eventually the other side adopts a "by any means" policy...

always that emotional qualifier or demand for someone else's money involved in every left wing idea thought or process...ALWAYS...
Yeah, pretty certain it's not just the left that feels there should be zero tolerance for white supremacists in American culture.

Republican response to Trump's incredibly stupid remarks and weakness on Charlottesville has not been very supportive.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Also.....

Yeah, pretty certain it's not just the left that feels there should be zero tolerance for white supremacists in American culture.we don;t have a country where zero tolerance of speech is acceptable...violence is a different story, and there;s already a law for every kind of it...we're not going to become a nation with laws against "ideas" or thought....where does it end?

Republican response to Trump's incredibly stupid remarks and weakness on Charlottesville has not been very supportive.I don;t really give a fvck what some republicans think, I do my own thinking and trump is right...there were two very aggressive groups there and the police led one group right into the other, the results were all too predictable...the MSM wants the alt right group to be crucified and the alt left group to be martyred...no they're both wrong,
they;re both to blame for the violence....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whatever, have no fear you'll get your race war...

this had nothing to do with trump at all but the left is desperate to paint trump with every brush they can so long as it takes him down...the country is at a tipping point, sore losers will not be appeased....

mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Antifa attacking the alt-right.

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote: Also..... [Rommel meme]
The difference is the founders of the US compromised with the slave owning south in order to get them to sign the Declaration and the Constitution. The States were given autonomy, and they still have it (well, most of it).

The men who fought for the South were fighting for their autonomy, (a large part of which was slavery) Their economy depended on it. A slower transition away from a slave economy might have prevented the war.

I don't think you can legitimately compare the military takeover by force of most of Europe to a bunch of Southerners defending what was agreed to at the founding. The South were not invaders. I don't think you can legitimately compare the mass execution and goal of extinction of an entire ethnic group to forced labor.

Slavery was a horrible practice, but remember the context of the world in the 1600s and 1700s.

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Antifa attacking the alt-right.
That's not Antifa with masks and clubs thinking they have the higher ground because their kind of violence is somehow better than the other guys violence. That's your grandfather and your uncles and your neighbors grandfather from all political parties fighting a totalitarian threat to the free world. My uncle was on that boat, and waded into that water.

Poor taste.