Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:The snowflakes lost in Georgia. Hopefully they'll be another "Trump" in France. :like
they claimed victory, and may they claim many more just like it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Trump should have set reasonable expectations for the wall. Only build it where it makes sense and not a "over the top" (pun intended) design. Some of the plans they revealed were crazy. He also could have built it over 4 years to spread out the cost. Now he gets nothing.

Early on there was talk of bringing Newt Gingrich on. He could of helped get his agenda through Congress.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

freeski wrote:Trump should have set reasonable expectations for the wall. Only build it where it makes sense and not a "over the top" (pun intended) design. Some of the plans they revealed were crazy. He also could have built it over 4 years to spread out the cost. Now he gets nothing.

Early on there was talk of bringing Newt Gingrich on. He could of helped get his agenda through Congress.
I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Why is there any cost we need to spread out?
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
freeski wrote:Trump should have set reasonable expectations for the wall. Only build it where it makes sense and not a "over the top" (pun intended) design. Some of the plans they revealed were crazy. He also could have built it over 4 years to spread out the cost. Now he gets nothing.

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Why is there any cost we need to spread out?
no one ever said mexico would pay up front for the wall...they will however absorb the economic brunt of it in a number of ways...the cost savings to the US is astronomical compared to the cost of illegal entrants...there will not be a continuous physical wall for a number of reasons, cost, geography and necessity among them...we've already seen large reductions in the number of crossings as a result of the trump administration and it's willingness to simply allow border patrol to enforce the laws that are already on the books...

this is perhaps one part:

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sanctuary cities need to be reigned in as well and so do the activist judges who serve as roadblocks for the sake of being road blocks..

from what I saw trump asked for @ .035% of the budget to be directed towards border security including building the already approved under previous adminstrations wall, fence or whatever you choose to call it...

in any case entry into the US at any point by land, sea or air needs to be secure with proper screening and vetting of credentials...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yeah .. that's gonna happen :roll:
This administration can't even vet a security chief :lol:
Dunning-Kruger is an understatement. :sad:

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Yeah .. that's gonna happen :roll:

yeah but we still like ya anyway....
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Yeah .. that's gonna happen :roll:

yeah but we still like ya anyway....
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

100 Day celebration tomorrow at the peak? Give him a hat.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN17X20W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock:
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Kim jong un is coming to dinner
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 33794.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

I'm happy for you. If this bill eventually passes, I'll be in the category of those who get f*cked by it. You know, those of us over 65 who pay for our own healthcare. As someone who's always been self-employed, we've always had just basic coverage. Some might call it "catastrophic coverage." We pay a lot out of pocket. That's just the way it is and always has been.

This bill is sadly laughable with who's going to get screwed.

http://khn.org/morning-breakout/the-win ... he-rich-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

MarieM wrote:
I'm happy for you. If this bill eventually passes, I'll be in the category of those who get f*cked by it. You know, those of us over 65 who pay for our own healthcare. As someone who's always been self-employed, we've always had just basic coverage. Some might call it "catastrophic coverage." We pay a lot out of pocket. That's just the way it is and always has been.

http://khn.org/morning-breakout/the-win ... he-rich-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
+1

It's a rush to fulfill a promise at the expense of getting it right.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MarieM wrote:
I'm happy for you. who said I was happy I simply posted a link referring to what just happened If this bill eventually passes, I'll be in the category of those who get f*cked by it. You know, those of us over 65 who pay for our own healthcare. As someone who's always been self-employed, we've always had just basic coverage. Some might call it "catastrophic coverage." We pay a lot out of pocket. That's just the way it is and always has been.

This bill is sadly laughable with who's going to get screwed. so how are you getting screwed? and out of what? by whom?

seriously? prior to obama care catastrophic plans were very affordable, then those plans ceased to exist as all plans need to meet certain standards regarding preventive care...sorry that young people aren't going to foot the bill, they weren't going to anyway, many don't work and many opt for the penalty knowing that they can simply buy insurance later if they need it...

anybody wanna insure the car i just totaled? I can make the first month's payment now cuz I need coverage to get my car replaced, then of course I'll cancel once I do...but you can't legally deny me, hahaha....

I'm not sure what it is that you are trying to say honestly...how did the ACA affect your pre-ACA coverage? what will you lose from whatever gains if any you had under the ACA via the current bill?
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
MarieM wrote:

+1

It's a rush to fulfill a promise at the expense of getting it right.
ya sure that's how ya feel?
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:It would be a shame if Trump's presidency spends it's political capital going after the previous administration instead of delivering on their campaign promises.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:ha loyal trumpsky....purely clueless as always...

this is a test of your seemingly limited comprehension skills... did he ASK for the bill?
Trump said he would repeal and replace the ACA. Now he said he's moving on and leaving it be.

Are these statements not at odds with one another?
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/us/p ... .html?_r=1

Trump's ultimatum: If vote fails, Obamacare stays
and here all along I believed you that Trump is a leader :roll:

... should have done tax cuts first!
what more can he do? as far as I understood it the obamacare reconciliation bill had to happen first or not at all...
Maybe ... lead? Isn't that what leaders do? His lack of leadership is resounding today on the heels of a failed vote, driven by his own party. Art of No Deal. Miserable.
when ALL ya do is cry, no one cares what you think...
mach es sehr schnell