Democrat bench for 2020

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Democrat bench for 2020

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote: Why don't we see any white expanse of empty space in the first photo? I can see distinct squares of people, not the small clusters in the second photo. The second photo was taken far earlier before everyone was there, and widely used to discredit Trump's popularity. don't need any help with that: historically low approval ratings and the majority of voters didn't vote for him And here you are spouting that Trump lied. Who am I going to believe, Time Magazine, or my own lyin eyes?
How about Reuters, the BBC, AP, the National Park Service or even Faux News?

Gump's press secretary claimed "That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe." When called out (you know, with actual facts), Gump, naturally, declared war on the media while his surrogates introduced us to the Gumpian notion of "alternative facts".

We have hundreds of photos from the National Park Service, high resolution aerial photos from multiple news outlets, time lapse videos, data from the WMATA (570,000 Metro rides during Gump's inauguration day vs 1.1M on Obama's first inauguration). Here's a photo taken from the Washington Monument by Reuters:

A combination of photos taken at the National Mall shows the crowds attending the inauguration ceremonies to swear in U.S. President Donald Trump at 12:01pm (L) on January 20, 2017 and President Barack Obama sometime between 12:07pm and 12:26pm on January 20, 2009, in Washington, U.S., REUTERS/Lucas Jackson (L), Stelios Varias/File Photo

Here's one by the NPS taken at 11:56 am.

NPS images are part of the official federal record.

The crowd was smaller. So what, why lie about it? In fact, who the hell would have cared except for one particular obsessed, narcissistic, second rate reality TV personality?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote: Why don't we see any white expanse of empty space in the first photo? I can see distinct squares of people, not the small clusters in the second photo. The second photo was taken far earlier before everyone was there, and widely used to discredit Trump's popularity. don't need any help with that: historically low approval ratings and the majority of voters didn't vote for him And here you are spouting that Trump lied. Who am I going to believe, Time Magazine, or my own lyin eyes?
How about Reuters, the BBC, AP, the National Park Service or even Faux News?

Gump's press secretary claimed "That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe." When called out (you know, with actual facts), Gump, naturally, declared war on the media while his surrogates introduced us to the Gumpian notion of "alternative facts".

We have hundreds of photos from the National Park Service, high resolution aerial photos from multiple news outlets, time lapse videos, data from the WMATA (570,000 Metro rides during Gump's inauguration day vs 1.1M on Obama's first inauguration). Here's a photo taken from the Washington Monument by Reuters:

A combination of photos taken at the National Mall shows the crowds attending the inauguration ceremonies to swear in U.S. President Donald Trump at 12:01pm (L) on January 20, 2017 and President Barack Obama sometime between 12:07pm and 12:26pm on January 20, 2009, in Washington, U.S., REUTERS/Lucas Jackson (L), Stelios Varias/File Photo

Here's one by the NPS taken at 11:56 am.

NPS images are part of the official federal record.

The crowd was smaller. So what, why lie about it? In fact, who the hell would have cared except for one particular obsessed, narcissistic, second rate reality TV personality?
The photo of the crowd looking out with Trump at the podium does not correspond to the photos you present. Either visually of the shape of the crowd in the rear square sections or time of day.The time stamp you provided states that the Obama photo was taken as late as 12:24, yet for some reason all the photos you have been able to find that were published of Trump are only as late as 12:01. Why is that? That disparity strikes me just as agenda driven as Trump's unsubstantiated claims that it was the largest crowd. (Compare the weather, I see umbrellas on Trumps inauguration, so people likely stayed indoors longer until the last minute. Obama had a sunny blue sky. )

It may well be that Trump's crowd was smaller than Obama's. I agree that is likely. What we are left with is disparate photos, and an obsession with inconsequential egotistical statements as opposed to what Trump does in policy and action.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote: The photo of the crowd looking out with Trump at the podium does not correspond to the photos you present. Either visually of the shape of the crowd in the rear square sections or time of day.The time stamp you provided states that the Obama photo was taken as late as 12:24, yet for some reason all the photos you have been able to find that were published of Trump are only as late as 12:01. Why is that? see NAMA 2017: Batch 1, Batch 2, Batch 3, Batch 4, Batch 5 That disparity strikes me just as agenda driven as Trump's unsubstantiated claims that it was the largest crowd. (Compare the weather, I see umbrellas on Trumps inauguration, so people likely stayed indoors longer until the last minute. Obama had a sunny blue sky. ) yeah, that must be it and they probably came in on their Segways, which explains the lower subway figures
Bad weather? Well that can't be true:
POTUS wrote: The crowd was unbelievable today. I looked at the r*in, which just never came, you know, we finished the speech, went inside, it poured then we came outside. The helicopter scene was an incredible scene, and then, amazingly it r*ined—like God was looking down on us.
Mister Moose wrote: It may well be that Trump's crowd was smaller than Obama's. I agree that is likely. of course it was What we are left with is disparate photos, and an obsession with inconsequential egotistical statements as opposed to what Trump does in policy and action. 3 attempts to unconstitutionally ban travelers from Muslim majority countries, banned transgender people from serving in the military, cranked up tensions with Iran and North Korea, opened public coastlines to private drilling (except Florida, home of the "Winter White House"), fired Comey over that Russia thing, botched DACA - at least big business got their tax cuts
Post a non-doctored aerial view photo that shows a larger crowd than at Obama's inauguration, then we'll have disparate photos.

Essentially Gump's first act as president was to lie about something completely inconsequential and trivially refuted. If he'll lie about something so small, will he lie about more consequential matters? I think we all know the answer to that one.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote: 3 attempts to unconstitutionally ban travelers from Muslim majority countries, banned transgender people from serving in the military, cranked up tensions with Iran and North Korea, opened public coastlines to private drilling (except Florida, home of the "Winter White House"), fired Comey over that Russia thing, botched DACA - at least big business got their tax cuts
Uh, wasn't that unconstitutional thing, you know, overturned? I suppose there was no reason to crank up tensions with Iran or North Korea, Comey looks compromised, and oil drilling puts gas in the car you love to drive so much. Your entire list and the accompanying characterizations is a list of why we disagree.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote:
Uh, wasn't that unconstitutional thing, you know, overturned? yeah, overturned for being unconstitutional - soon to be decided by SCOTUS I suppose there was no reason to crank up tensions with Iran or North Korea tell me you don't check your cell every morning wondering if either one of those guys with the big button (or is it little hands) launched a missile, Comey looks compromised in the sense of acting out of concern for country over party, and oil drilling puts gas in the car you love to drive so much. that should put those 15 opposing governors at ease
Mister Moose wrote: Your entire list and the accompanying characterizations is a list of why we disagree.
Believe me, I could go on. The silver lining is most of what has been "accomplished" so far has been through EO's which will be summarily erased with a stroke of a pen when the other side takes over, sooner or later.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote: The silver lining is most of what has been "accomplished" so far has been through EO's which will be summarily erased with a stroke of a pen when the other side takes over, sooner or later.
I wonder what ISIS would say about that. Or Gorsuch. Or your 401K.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote: The silver lining is most of what has been "accomplished" so far has been through EO's which will be summarily erased with a stroke of a pen when the other side takes over, sooner or later.
Far more ISIS fighters were killed under Obama than Gump. ISIS was already losing significant territory in Iraq and we can thank Gump's pals, the Ruskies, for pretty much eliminating ISIS in Syria (ISIS Timeline). Lots of tricky problems to still work out with that whole mess.

Gorsuch got appointed only because the Senate Republicans held the ball and ran out the clock.

My 401K was a disaster at the start of 2008, but rebounded nicely by the end of 2016 - thank you Obama.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Far more ISIS fighters were killed under Obama than Gump. ISIS was already losing significant territory in Iraq and we can thank Gump's pals, the Ruskies, for pretty much eliminating ISIS in Syria (ISIS Timeline). Lots of tricky problems to still work out with that whole mess. Right, nothing to see here.

Gorsuch got appointed only because the Senate Republicans held the ball and ran out the clock. Only? So Clinton would have appointed Gorsuch?

My 401K was a disaster at the start of 2008, but rebounded nicely by the end of 2016 - thank you Obama.
Lets put it in a picture:
fredgraph.jpg
fredgraph.jpg (73.77 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
See the steeper graph than 2% at the right? Way steeper? Plenty there to buy me a dinner at Red Clover.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Far more ISIS fighters were killed under Obama than Gump. ISIS was already losing significant territory in Iraq and we can thank Gump's pals, the Ruskies, for pretty much eliminating ISIS in Syria (ISIS Timeline). Lots of tricky problems to still work out with that whole mess. Right, nothing to see here.

Gorsuch got appointed only because the Senate Republicans held the ball and ran out the clock. Only? So Clinton would have appointed Gorsuch?

fredgraph.jpg
See the steeper graph than 2% at the right? Way steeper? Plenty there to buy me a dinner at Red Clover.
Very good specials, especially the Salmon dishes. Hmm, maybe with my reduced taxes I can afford to go more than once this year.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

Gorsuch got appointed only because the Senate Republicans held the ball and ran out the clock. Only? So Clinton would have appointed Gorsuch? No, but any generic Republican probably would have, Gump just did what he was told.

fredgraph.jpg
Let's see how that graph looks in 3 more years, or Allah forbid, 7. The Dow would have to hit 47,800 to match Obama (or 61,500 from the low point on 3/6/2009). Meanwhile, it appears it's time to take a distribution.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2018/0 ... a.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it’s not guns that make a civil war. It’s politics.

Guns are how a civil war ends. Politics is how it begins.

How do civil wars happen?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can’t settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.

That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a countdown to a civil war.
This isn’t dissent. It’s not disagreement.

You can hate the other party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what you want is a dictatorship.

Your very own dictatorship.

The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to the left, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s inherently illegitimate.

The attacks on Trump show that elections don’t matter to the left.

Republicans can win an election, but they have a major flaw. They’re not leftists.

That’s what the leftist dictatorship looks like.

The left lost Congress. They lost the White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country through Federal judges and bureaucrats.

Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not the system that runs this country.

The left’s system is that any part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over the country.

If it’s in the White House, then the president can do anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is unlimited.

He’s a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented.

A Democrat in the White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to reverse him.
as I said leading up to the last election, we are in the midst of a civil war, and while I thought it would end with the defeat of the embedded crooks, they simply went underground to continue their malfeasance...

the left refuses to accept any outcome they don't like, the rest of are refusing to acquiesce them...one way or another your corruption WILL be stomped out...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Kennedy giving the democratic response tonight. I think 2020 would be too early for him, but perhaps a clue that he has higher asperations down the road.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:Kennedy giving the democratic response tonight. I think 2020 would be too early for him, but perhaps a clue that he has higher asperations down the road.
throwing your hat in w the current D's is a political suicide mission right now...people can pretend whatever they want but this FBI thing is absolutely huge...any response that tries to refute that is not going to be well received by anyone but sycophants...the party is toxic right now and it's a fools game to do their bidding...

read the article I posted it's long but a good read...
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Have we not had enough Kennedy's in and out of the government. Yes, JFK was successful in his short time, and Robert the same. But Teddy was better equipped to hang with Todd for parties and many of the other family members think they are privileged to hold office. We don't want a Monacracy yet we promote and elect family heirlooms to run our government. NO MORE KENNEDYS AND STOP THE TAXACHUSETTES DOMINANCE IN THE EAST COAST.
Oh, and the electoral College WORKS. Hillary lost, 1 million popular votes or not, the ELECTORAL COLLEGE WORKED.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?