Democrat bench for 2020

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Re: Democrat bench for 2020

Post by Killington_Lover »

Dr. NO wrote:Have we not had enough Kennedy's in and out of the government. Yes, JFK was successful in his short time, and Robert the same. But Teddy was better equipped to hang with Todd for parties and many of the other family members think they are privileged to hold office. We don't want a Monacracy yet we promote and elect family heirlooms to run our government. NO MORE KENNEDYS AND STOP THE TAXACHUSETTES DOMINANCE IN THE EAST COAST.
Oh, and the electoral College WORKS. Hillary lost, 1 million popular votes or not, the ELECTORAL COLLEGE WORKED.

Tell me your kidding? Ask the IRS about total taxes collected from New England, MA is the biggest contributor by far. Perhaps when VT, ME, NH and to a lesser extent RI and CT contribute as much in taxes wherever you live can be “dominant”.. Bigger economy here in Taxachusetts anyway you slice it. Don’t want to be a beta state? Contribute to the economy :mrgreen:
But with that said, I agree with your other points.
Ski It If You Can!..
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Dr. NO wrote:Have we not had enough Kennedy's in and out of the government. Yes, JFK was successful in his short time, and Robert the same. But Teddy was better equipped to hang with Todd for parties and many of the other family members think they are privileged to hold office. We don't want a Monacracy yet we promote and elect family heirlooms to run our government. NO MORE KENNEDYS AND STOP THE TAXACHUSETTES DOMINANCE IN THE EAST COAST.
Oh, and the electoral College WORKS. Hillary lost, 1 million popular votes or not, the ELECTORAL COLLEGE WORKED.
Is a family legacy in politics necessarily a bad thing? I mean we seem to be at the point where reality show stars (like Oprah or our current nitwit pussy grabber in Chief) seem to be considered viable candidates so why not another Kennedy or Bush so long as they are qualified?
Don't Killington Pico
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Killington_Lover wrote:

Tell me your kidding? Ask the IRS about total taxes collected from New England, MA is the biggest contributor by far. Perhaps when VT, ME, NH and to a lesser extent RI and CT contribute as much in taxes wherever you live can be “dominant”.. Bigger economy here in Taxachusetts anyway you slice it. Don’t want to be a beta state? Contribute to the economy :mrgreen:
But with that said, I agree with your other points.
And those blue state Massholes will be contributing even more to the federal coffers now that their federal deductions for combined state and property taxes are capped at $10K for both single and married filers.

#MAGA
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

as soon as he went into emotional actor mode I clicked it off...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

KENNEDY: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. It is a privilege to join you tonight.
We are here in Fall River, Massachusetts – a proud American city, built by immigrants.

From textiles to robots, this is a place that knows how to make great things.

The students with us this evening in the autoshop at Diman Regional Technical School carry on that rich legacy.

Like many American hometowns, Fall River has faced its share of storms. But people here are tough. They fight for each other. They pull for their city.
It is a fitting place to gather as our nation reflects on the state of our union.

This is a difficult task. Many have spent the past year anxious, angry, afraid. We all feel the fault lines of a fractured country. We hear the voices of Americans who feel forgotten and forsaken.

We see an economy that makes stocks soar, investor portfolios bulge and corporate profits climb but fails to give workers their fair share of the reward.
A government that struggles to keep itself open.

Russia knee-deep in our democracy.

An all-out war on environmental protection.

A Justice Department rolling back civil rights by the day.

Hatred and supremacy proudly marching in our streets.

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:The students with us this evening in the autoshop at Diman Regional Technical School carry on that rich legacy.

Like many American hometowns, Fall River has faced its share of storms. But people here are tough. They fight for each other. They pull for their city.
It is a fitting place to gather as our nation reflects on the state of our union.
Can't be too bad seeing as their highschool shop class looks to have a relatively new convertible ford mustang.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:The students with us this evening in the autoshop at Diman Regional Technical School carry on that rich legacy.

Can't be too bad seeing as their highschool shop class looks to have a relatively new convertible ford mustang.
I make a few trips to the cape a year from NY. Fall River is not place I would consider nice. I’m sure there are nice pockets but overall it’s pretty depressed part of MA. I also lived in RI for over 10 years and never visited it once.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

duly noted...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/552845/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Democrats' 'Resistance' to Trump Is Eroding, and So Are Their Poll Numbers

The notion that the president “constitutes a crisis in American governance,” is waning among party leaders, jeopardizing their mid-term advantage.
do they know that you guys are still onboard?
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Forget about the democratic bench. It will be interesting to see if there is a republican challenge?

Kasich perhaps? https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... ons-422337" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or is Romney's senate bid the start of more? http://www.businessinsider.com/will-rom ... 20-2018-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Lawyers For The DNC Argue That 'Primary Rigging' Is Protected By The First Amendment

In Unexpected Snub, California Democrats Refuse To Endorse Feinstein For Reelection

not left enough....

hillaryous...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:Lawyers For The DNC Argue That 'Primary Rigging' Is Protected By The First Amendment

In Unexpected Snub, California Democrats Refuse To Endorse Feinstein For Reelection

not left enough....

hillaryous...
Don't know about the first note but the Feinstein news was expected and similar to what happened six years ago when she last ran. She's also leading in the primary by a large percentage. The California Democratic convention brings the party's thousands of activists together and, yes, they're way farther to the left than the bulk of the voters.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Elizabeth Warren's stealth campaign to shed 'Pocahontas' - POLITICO
https://apple.news/Ax79Bi5ZCQm2BpTwiP1inCQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote:Elizabeth Warren's stealth campaign to shed 'Pocahontas' - POLITICO
https://apple.news/Ax79Bi5ZCQm2BpTwiP1inCQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It comes as Warren considers a run for the White House in 2020. Her Feb. 14 address to the National Congress of American Indians was widely praised by conference attendees, and her allies viewed it as an important step forward for a potential candidate who had faced unexpectedly harsh criticism from both Republicans and some liberal activists over her claims of Cherokee and Delaware heritage despite a lack of documentation — a reality she acknowledged in the speech and her private conversations with Native American leaders.
So there is no documentation she has any Cherokee ancestry, but Trump's nickname which targets that deception to get hired at Harvard is somehow racist. This is right up there with Kerry's and Blumenthal's "Served in Vietnam" and Ted Kennedy's Chapaquidick. They might get re-elected as senators in their home state, but they will never erase that deception.

Similar folklore in our family is how my great great grandfather went west in the homesteading days, and failed in the dustbowl years. The family jokes the reason his farm failed is because there was so much oil under it. Do I now have a claim on Exxon Mobil? Am I an oilman? I have no documentation, but I have folklore...

Give it up, Ms Warren. We're not buying it. The sooner you stop selling it, the better.