Democrat bench for 2020

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Democrat bench for 2020

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Let us not forget Chelsea Clinton
From what I've seen so far, whether on the campaign or earlier when she worked for NBC for a bit, she has her mother's charisma. Furthermore, while it has nothing directly to do with her, her father in law, a former congressman, served several years in prison for fraud.

From Wikipedia:
Beginning in the early 1990s, Mezvinsky used a wide variety of 419 scams. According to a federal prosecutor, Mezvinsky conned using "just about every different kind of African-based scam we’ve ever seen." The scams promise that the victim will receive large profits, but first a small down payment is required. To raise the funds needed to front the money for the fraudulent investment schemes he was being offered, Mezvinsky tapped his network of former political contacts, dropping the name of the Clinton family to convince unwitting marks to give him money.

In March 2001, Mezvinsky was indicted and later pleaded guilty to 31 of 69 felony charges of bank fraud, mail fraud, and wire fraud. Nearly $10 million was involved in the crimes. Shortly after his indictment, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the judge at his trial disallowed a mental illness defense. He entered prison in February 2003, and served his time at Federal Prison Camp, Eglin. Mezvinsky, Federal Bureau of Prisons # 55040-066, was released in April 2008, after 5 years. He remained on federal probation until 2011, and as of 2010 still owed $9.4 million in restitution to his victims.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

8wed_f-maxage-0_s-200x150[1].gif
8wed_f-maxage-0_s-200x150[1].gif (41.1 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Watch for Mark Warner.
Senate term ends then.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

freeski wrote:
8wed_f-maxage-0_s-200x150[1].gif

Test tube children are not eligible to be president. Hillary has man equipment in her pants.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-3 ... ity-leader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nancy Pelosi Retains House Minority Leadership Position
After what many described as a long-shot effort by Democratic representative Tim Ryan of Ohio to unseat Nancy Pelosi as House minority leader, the results of the Democrat secret ballots are in and reveal that, indeed, he fell well short. Alas, it seems as though only 63 House Democrats learned anything from the 2016 Presidential election cycle.

Of course, Ryan launched his bid to unseat Pelosi based largely on the premise that Rust Belt voters in the Midwest abandoned the democratic party in 2016 precisely because of the elitism exhibited by the San Francisco liberal. While Pelosi is well known for her ability to raise substantial amounts of cash for the democratic party, $141 million in the past cycle alone according to The Hill, Ryan has argued that electing a House leader with a broader appeal is far more important.

While Ryan likely drew support from a host of young House democrats who have been prevented from rising up the leadership ranks by a stagnant group of Pelosi loyalists, clearly it wasn't enough to tip the scales in his favor.

Well, House democrats passed her now we'll wait and see if they like her.

Here is more background on the contest for House minority leader that we posted yesterday.

Democratic representative Tim Ryan of Ohio is a long shot to unseat Nancy Pelosi in the vote for the minority leadership position to be held tomorrow, but he's convinced that "a lot of people are going to be surprised" by the vote tallies.

“I think a lot of people are going to be surprised tomorrow.”

“I think we need a change. Again, we’re at the smallest number we’ve had in our Democratic caucus since 1929.”

"We really got to ask ourselves when we walk out of the room tomorrow, what are we going to tell the American people? That what happened on Tuesday and what we've not been able to do since 2010 is ok? We're gonna keep going down the same path. Or, will we have a new messenger, a new message, a new brand and a new democratic party?"

Ryan has launched a bid to unseat Pelosi based largely on the premise that Rust Belt voters in the Midwest have abandoned the democratic party precisely because of the elitism exhibited the San Francisco liberal. While Pelosi is known for her ability to raise substantial amounts of cash for the democratic party, $141 million in the past cycle alone according to The Hill, Ryan argues that electing a House leader with a broader appeal is far more important.

Ryan’s challenge hinges largely on the argument that Pelosi, a San Francisco liberal widely despised in conservative circles, simply projects the wrong image for a party hoping to broaden its appeal to the Rust Belt voters who flocked to Trump.

“We have got to have the right messenger,” he said. “We have got to have someone who cannot just go on MSNBC, but go on Fox and Fox Business and CNBC and go into union halls and fish fries and churches all over the country and start a brush fire about what a new Democratic Party looks like.”

Leader Pelosi is an incredibly strong fundraiser, she’s an incredibly dynamic leader, she gets out there and gets the caucus to do things together that most other leaders would have a very hard time doing. But that’s come at an expense,” a former Democratic leadership aide said Monday.

Pelosi also has a huge advantage when it comes to fundraising, having hauled in more than $141 million for the party this cycle alone, according to her office. Ryan, by contrast, raised less than $1 million — far less than the average member, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Of course, some democrats apparently learned absolutely nothing from the 2016 presidential election and still insist that Pelosi's fundraising efforts are critical to the future of the party. But as Tim Ryan points out "if money was the answer, Hillary Clinton would be president and
we would be in charge of the House of Representatives right now.”

“The most important messenger in American politics is money, and the ability to get on the air, get on social media, get on media that are relevant to voters is really expensive, and she has done a phenomenal job at giving us that opportunity,” the former lawmaker said Monday. “I don’t think there’s anyone who can come close to matching what she has done.”

Ryan has rejected that argument, saying the focus on campaign cash is misguided.
Meanwhile, Ryan has also drawn support from a host of young House democrats who have been prevented from rising up the leadership ranks by a stagnant group of Pelosi loyalists.

The elections have also heightened long-standing aggravations among newer members that the long reign of Pelosi and her top deputies — all of whom are in their mid-70s — has prevented other members from rising through the leadership ranks.

“There’s a generation of Democratic leaders who have been stymied or held down or even cut off at the knees to keep her and [Maryland Rep. Steny] Hoyer and others in power,” the former aide added.

“So you have a number of members who look at the agendas and question why, when the country is worried about the economy and jobs, the Democrats are out talking about women power and some of the core liberal issues that aren’t going to play well in the places that Democrats have to win if they’re going to take back the majority.”
Certainly, if the democrats learned anything from the 2016 presidential election they would understand that it represented a rebellion of the American people against establishment political figures like Nancy Pelosi. That said, somehow we suspect the message hasn't quite sunk in yet.
even though this dog has clearly had her day, it's been all downhill for her since forcing the ACA on us....I'm sure her leadership will pay some dividends any day now...

definitely won;t be any draining of the swamp on that side of the aisle, just a deeper regression into the muck....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

so who they got?

warren? Gutierrez ( sp)? one of the castro brothers? booker? biden? deadheadskier?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

HAHAHHHAHAHA

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12- ... trump-2020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bernie Sanders Is Most Likely Candidate To Take On Trump In 2020
Not only is Bernie Sanders, Vermont Senator and former contender for the Democratic nomination, the most popular politician in America, but according to one recent poll, he’s seen as the most likely candidate to win the Democratic nomination to take on Trump in 2020.
yep this guy:

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oprah-for ... g?ref=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Democrat bench for 2020
Don't you mean "short bus"?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
Democrat bench for 2020
Don't you mean "short bus"?
yep one and the same...hillaryous...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

The lack of quality candidates is a problem for both sides, unfortunately. I think we ended up with Trump heading the Republocrat ticket because every other possibility was, sadly, even worse, or had the personality of corn flakes.

What I wish we could see are two candidates from either party who are quality, rather than having to choose between a horse sh*t sandwich and a goat sh*t sandwich every four years.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:The lack of quality candidates is a problem for both sides, unfortunately. I think we ended up with Trump heading the Republocrat ticket because every other possibility was, sadly, even worse, or had the personality of corn flakes.

What I wish we could see are two candidates from either party who are quality, rather than having to choose between a horse sh*t sandwich and a goat sh*t sandwich every four years.
we got trump because EVERY other politician was too spineless to stand up to the media assassination levied at them...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:The lack of quality candidates is a problem for both sides, unfortunately. I think we ended up with Trump heading the Republocrat ticket because every other possibility was, sadly, even worse, or had the personality of corn flakes.

we got trump because EVERY other politician was too spineless to stand up to the media assassination levied at them...
I can (kinda) understand supporting Trump because he was the best of a bad lot, or because he was the republican nominee and therefore more likely to support republican policies that you favor.

But do you objectively think that he is both qualified and the right man for this job?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
madhatter wrote:

I can (kinda) understand supporting Trump because he was the best of a bad lot, or because he was the republican nominee and therefore more likely to support republican policies that you favor.

But do you objectively think that he is both qualified and the right man for this job?
light years ahead of the last guy...

Trump is taking on the establishment, the media, the crooked D's and their far reaching corruption that has been embedded in every gov agency...Yeah I'd say Trump is very much the best man for the job...we've already seen that is capable of forcing action on issues, of shaming obstructionists into action and destroying the medias stranglehold on " the narrative"...

He also prevented the last POS from installing his chosen successor and permanently destroying the country...Bye bye lawless immigration, bye bye open borders, bye bye massive refugee immigration, bye bye unlawful EO's, bye bye pretty much everything obama......oh and on top of that it brings out the ultimate bat sh!t crazy in the moonbat enclaves...

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Women's March ditches pink 'p***yhats' - because they're exclusionary and racist against brown genitals
I see their message is evolving...
mach es sehr schnell