Media complains about Trump treating them unfairly....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Media complains about Trump treating them unfairly....

Post by madhatter »

Back to Videos
Andrea Mitchell: Trump Taking "Advantage" Of Media, "We Are Not Held In Great Regard"
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date November 22, 2016

Andrea Mitchell: Trump Taking "Advantage" Of Media, "We Are Not Held In Great Regard"
Andrea Mitchell lamented on her Tuesday show that Donald Trump is "trying to take advantage" of the media not being held in great regard after the election. Mitchell was saddened that Trump doesn't feel like he needs the conventional media and "that the public doesn't care."

Nicholas Confessore of The New York Times said that it's Trump's "right" to decide how he wants use the media to get his message out.

From Tuesday's broadcast of MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports:

ANDREA MITCHELL: I want to talk about the media for a moment.

We are not held in great regard. We weren't before this campaign. And in having gotten it all wrong, just all the conventional media, the polling and all that, I mean, I think that there is a real sense of Donald Trump trying to take advantage of that. And what we saw this morning there was a tweet, well a number of tweets about The New York Times, saying:

"I cancelled today's meeting with the failing @nytimes when the terms and conditions of the meeting were changed at the last moment. Not nice."

That's something denied by the Times. I don't want to put you on the spot. But there was a previous meeting yesterday with television executives and television anchors. He then leaked to the New York Post, hardly a friend to the major networks -- that the Rupert Murdoch-run New York Post indicated that it was contentious. That he argued and basically shamed the media and challenged them and said that he wasn't going to put up with them. It was almost an ambush situation.

I'm not sure that's what will be taking place very shortly in your publisher's offices as well. But Is there a sense now that Donald Trump feels he doesn't need the conventional media, the White House press pool, and that the public certainly doesn't care.

NICHOLAS CONFESSORE, NEW YORK TIMES: We have been headed in a certain direction now for a while that presidents can go over and around the traditional media. Barack Obama would often do videos to the public and was also on Twitter in a different way I should say. But, look, I think that the job of reporters is to report. I think that Donald Trump used the media as a foil throughout his whole campaign. He will keep doing so as president. That's his right. Our job as reporters is to report and hold people in power accountable, pure and simple.
congrats media you built that, enjoy...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Media complains about Trump treating them unfairly....

Post by Bubba »

Andrea Mitchell can complain all she wants. The look on her face whenever she interviewed Hillary was often fawning, to say the least. Also, by having her own program on MSNBC, a network clearly trying to be the liberal alternative to Fox News, she lost credibility as an objective reporter for NBC News.

As for the use of Twitter, Facebook and other direct to consumer communications tools, it provides politicians with direct access to the voters without filters. For better or worse, that's the wave of the future and the press will just have to get used to it and adapt.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:Andrea Mitchell can complain all she wants. The look on her face whenever she interviewed Hillary was often fawning, to say the least. Also, by having her own program on MSNBC, a network clearly trying to be the liberal alternative to Fox News, she lost credibility as an objective reporter for NBC News.

As for the use of Twitter, Facebook and other direct to consumer communications tools, it provides politicians with direct access to the voters without filters. For better or worse, that's the wave of the future and the press will just have to get used to it and adapt.
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Trump is basically giving the finger to the lying, cheating, colluding, irrelevant media. Trump in one fell swoop took out two of the three legs of the stool, the career politicians, & the corrupt media. Good job!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

shortski wrote:Trump is basically giving the finger to the lying, cheating, colluding, irrelevant media. Trump in one fell swoop took out two of the three legs of the stool, the career politicians, & the corrupt media. Good job!!!!
DOE and it's indoctrination machine are next on the list...more on this another day...

here's another lunatic journalist lamenting their self inflicted demise and blaming trump for " going around them and straight to the people with his message"

Amanpour Calls For Media Jihad Against Trump

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11062/ama ... nservative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote:As for the use of Twitter, Facebook and other direct to consumer communications tools, it provides politicians with direct access to the voters without filters. For better or worse, that's the wave of the future and the press will just have to get used to it and adapt.
I think it mostly has upside. I see the political use of social media as this century's equivalent of FDR's fireside radio chats. Only this time nearly everyone has a radio, and you don't have to be tuned in on Sunday evenings. The broadcast is there waiting for you in your phone or PC whenever you want to read it.

The exception to the upside only might be that we can't see who sends the tweets or posts. There may come a day when there is a man behind the twitter curtain. Is there a single person Humpty or are there multiple Humpties? Imagine that uncertainty in political discourse. If the certainty of authorship is maintained, what other downside is there?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

madhatter wrote:
shortski wrote:Trump is basically giving the finger to the lying, cheating, colluding, irrelevant media. Trump in one fell swoop took out two of the three legs of the stool, the career politicians, & the corrupt media. Good job!!!!
DOE and it's indoctrination machine are next on the list...more on this another day...

here's another lunatic journalist lamenting their self inflicted demise and blaming trump for " going around them and straight to the people with his message"

Amanpour Calls For Media Jihad Against Trump

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11062/ama ... nservative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amanpor and Fareed Zakaria seem pretty normal until there is a terrorist attack then they show their true colors. They are as un-American as the Shaw of Iran.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.