more greatness

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: more greatness

Post by freeski »

Great speech last night. Best part, when he wiped his eyes like he was crying, tooling on Martha Raddatz. :-) The goal of all first term POTUS is a second term. The event being in OH was because of Carrier, butt also laying the ground work for 2020. Also tooled on Kasich, very much an in your face speech. He's going to build the wall and run the country to favor us instead of terrorists. Great energy, like he's done over his whole life he will deliver results.

Mad Dog don't like him no Iran and if they keep F'ng around they'll pay. :D Back to a foreign policy of "F with the best and die like the rest."
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Here's a question. Didn't Trump campaign on the promise that he would penalize companies for off shoring jobs?

So, he pats himself on the back for the 1069 jobs staying.

What about the 1300 Carrier jobs still going?

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... acab2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will he punish Carrier for that move with tariffs on their Mexican made products like he famously likes to threaten?

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for the families who are keeping their livelihoods, but this deal looks more like Trump/Pence caved to Carrier's demands than Trump getting "tough" with a company exporting jobs.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Here's a question. Didn't Trump campaign on the promise that he would penalize companies for off shoring jobs?

So, he pats himself on the back for the 1069 jobs staying.

What about the 1300 Carrier jobs still going?

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... acab2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will he punish Carrier for that move with tariffs on their Mexican made products like he famously likes to threaten?we'll see, bluffing is part of dealing...

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for the families who are keeping their livelihoods, but this deal looks more like Trump/Pence caved to Carrier's demands than Trump getting "tough" with a company exporting jobs.
seems to me yer just looking for something to bitch about...trump is not even in office yet...any "power" he has is purely of a persuasive nature and nothing else...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Hey man, you're the one making threads about the great work he's doing before he's even in office.

Critiquing a deal that doesn't meet the promises he campaigned on, that he is taking a lot of credit for, and his fans like yourself are celebrating isn't "bitching."
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Art of the Deal Chapter 6 .. Minimize your Losses :wink:

Carrier has been losing share consistently.
It's a 'Greatness challenged' marketplace.
No global warming .. no refrigeration required.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Hey man, you're the one making threads about the great work he's doing before he's even in office.

Critiquing a deal that doesn't meet the promises he campaigned on, that he is taking a lot of credit for, and his fans like yourself are celebrating isn't "bitching."
whatever...so great...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:So, Madhatter, where have you been with your pom poms cheering on Governor Malloy who has given out hundreds of millions in similar tax credits in your home state of CT to private businesses to maintain jobs?

Is government meddling in the market only okay when R does it?
I haven't lived in CT in 10 years...
You don't live in Indiana either.
let me see if I can clarify this for you....I didn't vote for malloy, who is governor of one state I do not live in...I don't care what he does...I wasn't complaining about his dealings either though it is pretty obvious they are nothing even remotely similar in nature to what trump, who I did vote for, has managed to get done in indiana...

I get that you just wanna whine and cry about anything end everything trump does and make all kinds of attacks on me simply for supporting it, and that you'll reach deep into your left wing looney bin to pull out some kind of inane argument you imagine as valid...as always the left is NEVER concerned about resolving issues, but about division and power grabbing...that ship has run aground... good luck patching it up w pelosi in charge...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Hey numb nuts, I said I think the fact that the Carrier jobs saved was a good thing. Now if Trump doesn't penalize them at the Federal level like he stumped on to get elected, well that means he's backtracking.

But more so, I'm calling out your position as a so called "conservative" and believe er in free market capitalism. Had Obama made this deal, you likely would have criticized him. I don't seem to recall you cheering on the auto bailout which likely saved exponentially more jobs than this Carrier deal. Most of those funds have been repaid. If you factor in income taxes saved it was a massive win for the country. But, nope, you didn't like it because it wasn't your guy. So, you see it's you who is interested in creating partisan divides. I actually support both what Trump did with Carrier and what Obama did with the auto industry. I want solutions, not partisan BS. Sorry, but your track record of going against any solution authored by a Democrat even if it parallels a Republican idea says you're more interested in scoring political points. It will be 8 years of total hypocrisy being put forth by you moving forward based on your crying positions of the last 8 years. Sad!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Hey numb nuts, I said I think the fact that the Carrier jobs saved was a good thing. Now if Trump doesn't penalize them at the Federal level like he stumped on to get elected, well that means he's backtracking.

But more so, I'm calling out your position as a so called "conservative" and believe er in free market capitalism. Had Obama made this deal, you likely would have criticized him. I don't seem to recall you cheering on the auto bailout which likely saved exponentially more jobs than this Carrier deal. the one that f*** the bondholders who should have been first in line? yeah I had a problem w that... you really aren't very intelligent when it comes to differentiation between what one administration does and another...the GM deal and this deal are not similar AT ALL...Most of those funds have been repaid. If you factor in income taxes saved it was a massive win for the country. But, nope, you didn't like it because it wasn't your guy. So, you see it's you who is interested in creating partisan divides. wrong as always...I actually support both what Trump did with Carrier and what Obama did with the auto industry. there was probably once or twice I agreed w something obama said, but it never was on anything about the economy or social ( justice) policy, or redistribution...I want solutions, not partisan BS. Sorry, but your track record of going against any solution authored by a Democrat even if it parallels a Republican idea says you're more interested in scoring political points. wrong again...It will be 8 years of total hypocrisy being put forth by you moving forward based on your crying positions of the last 8 years. Sad!

nice try, the sum of the policy not the individual parts ( which also aren't the same) is what determines whether or not I am for or against it...I had no problem w "shovel ready" infrastructure spending, ya know until it " turned out they weren't so shovel ready"...

the combination of infrastructure spending ( that hopefully gets done this time), border and immigration control, offering " deals" to any company that wants to stay not promoting solyndra type failures while bankrupting the already existing coal industry, LOWERING the corporate tax rate vs raising it, requiring e-verify, rolling back overbearing regulations, repeal and replace of ACA and mush mush more are what seperates trump from the current POS....EVERYTHING obama did as I said before was designed to divide and conquer with the goal being permanent D majority, and the passing of the ACA and subsequent "john the election is over" and " R's are "going to have to sit in the back" followed by 8 years of R bashing and abuse of power to attack the R's thru the IRS etc, yep screw obama and his agenda, which BTW has been thoroughly rejected and will be largely reversed...

so you keep up w yer attacks on me and yer BS cries of hypocrisy and whatever other ridiculous idiocy you can conjure up...

might want to take a look at this to see where the root of your issues lie...

I don't know what it is that makes reality absolutely imperceptible to you....but that guy seems to know that it was done on purpose, might not be the russians or the cold war but the result is the same...facts, logic and reality have zero effect on you...one could throw you into a fire and you'd swear it was icewater....

enjoy your weekend and the next 8 years...
mach es sehr schnell

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Due to high demand..
All Chinese and Taiwanese diplomacy classes at Drumph University are full up for next semester.

:sad:
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Due to high demand..
All Chinese and Taiwanese diplomacy classes at Drumph University are full up for next semester.

:sad:
you need some better news sources...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-0 ... washington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
The President of Taiwan CALLED ME today to wish me congratulations on winning the Presidency. Thank you!
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Interesting how the U.S. sells Taiwan billions of dollars of military equipment but I should not accept a congratulatory call.
8:41 PM - 2 Dec 2016
to avoid being seen as too critical on the president-elect, Xinhua also reported that overnight, Foreign Minister Wang Yi called Tsai's call with Trump "a little trick", or loosely translated in English as "gimmick", by Taiwan which would not change the one-China consensus in international community. He added that the "One-China" policy is the foundation for the healthy development of China’s relationship with the U.S.

Further de-escalating tensions, Wang also said on the sidelines of a foreign policy seminar on Saturday that "I don't think it will change the one-China policy of the U.S. government either."

Prior to Beijing's response, in China, analysts painted the call as something originating from Taiwan, claiming it was a deliberate Taiwanese attempt to upend America's China policy. Jin Canrong, from China's Renmin University, told AFP Tsai had been "very cunning" in her call to Trump.
mach es sehr schnell

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Thanks, but my Commodore 64 doesn't have a sound card.

We only follow the weather.
Heavy weather predicted inauguration day,

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Interesting read about manufacturing jobs.

SOme of the jobs saved will be lost to automation.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/08/news/co ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting statistic from the article:
Output at U.S. factories is up 150% in last 40 years. But U.S. manufacturing jobs have plunged by more than 30% in that same period. And automation is a big reason why.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

You can't stop innovation, our economy/stock market/retirement accounts demand it. It's survival of the fittest, always has been. The question is what to do about those that are incapable of being re-trained? If they're unemployed or mooching off the gov't it's not good for tax-payers or the economy.

When I was in Brussels I placed my McDonald's order through a touchscreen ... flawless ... only reason it hasn't been rolled out in the US is the public relations disaster / pressure from politicians.