Biden awarded Medal of Freedom

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Biden awarded Medal of Freedom

Post by Mister Moose »

With distinction. (And without advance notice)

"Joe’s candid, honest counsel has made me a better president and a better commander in chief,” Obama said Thursday. “He’s been unafraid to give it to me straight, even if we disagreed. In fact, especially when we disagreed. And all of this makes him, I believe, the finest vice president we have ever seen. And I also think he has been a lion of American history.”

Biden was visibly surprised and greatly moved. With huge class and humility he said, "I don't deserve this, but I know this came from the President's heart"

Publicly, Biden has not had any landmark accomplishments during his 8 year term. Vice presidents rarely do. So what we see here is an uncommon bond, work out of the public view, and a generous parting honor. Of all the people Obama could have chosen to honor, if anyone at all, the fact that he chose Biden elevates his stock considerably.
freeski
Post Office

Re: Biden awarded Medal of Freedom

Post by freeski »

Couldn't Obama have given him a cupcake that said "you're my friend".
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

freeski wrote:Couldn't Obama have given him a cupcake that said "you're my friend".
For real. More like ... here ya go Joe .. thanks for not running against Hillary, even though maybe looking back you should have, but here have this medal.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
freeski wrote:Couldn't Obama have given him a cupcake that said "you're my friend".
For real. More like ... here ya go Joe .. thanks for not running against Hillary, even though maybe looking back you should have, but here have this medal.
symbolic of the entire administration beginning w the noaccomplishment er uh I mean nobel peace prize...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

It's a " participation award " ! Same as the kids who lose in sports but get a trophy anyways...
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Obama awarded himself some medal for his time as President. He truly is a 3 world type of leader. :roll:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:Obama awarded himself some medal for his time as President. He truly is a 3 world type of leader. :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
symbolic of the entire administration beginning w the noaccomplishment er uh I mean nobel peace prize...
Obama hands out medals like they are participation trophies.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Like him or not... looking back, you have to admit, he was a better candidate than shillary.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

spanky wrote:Like him or not... looking back, you have to admit, he was a better candidate than shillary.
No doubt. 100 times over. It's too bad he had to appoint her to a position in his admin.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

spanky wrote:Like him or not... looking back, you have to admit, he was a better candidate than shillary.
How was he a better candidate?

His record is totally unremarkable.

If not for the personal tragedies, no one would probably even think of him.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Biden didn't have the balls to go against the Democrats supporting Cankle. Yea, I think he could have won. He'll be too old next time. The Democrats have no one on deck for 2020.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

SnoBrdr wrote:

Considering we had by far the two worst, most idiotic candidates in history, it would have been pretty darn hard for Biden not to have been a better candidate.
Don't Killington Pico
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

SnoBrdr wrote:His record is totally unremarkable.
And that makes him a less appealing candidate than Hillary? Heck, the candidate with no record at all beat her.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

boston_e wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Considering we had by far the two worst, most idiotic candidates in history, it would have been pretty darn hard for Biden not to have been a better candidate.
Bingo!

Trump won because Hillary was so repulsive to so many. Not because Trump was a good candidate.