DNC chairacist...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: DNC chairacist...

Post by Coydog »

shortski wrote:
brownman wrote:Personal derogatory comments .. typical sordid response.
One week in .. your boy is flailing.

:seeya
Reality liberals ain't nobody got time for that. If he's flailing why are all the libtards in an uproar because he doing what he said he would. Stopped immigration from Muslim terrorist, building the wall made the Hyde Act permanent, bombing the sh*t out of ISIS and what remains of Al Qaeda, I could go on but you delusional mind and you brain couldn't take the overload.
Trump hasn't done anything of consequence yet, just a flurry of executive orders amounting to nothing much more than suggestions. The same type of executive orders congressional republicans formerly railed against as unconstitutional.

In most cases, it'll take 60 votes in the Senate to pass anything truly harmful.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
shortski wrote:
brownman wrote:Personal derogatory comments .. typical sordid response.
One week in .. your boy is flailing.

:seeya
Reality liberals ain't nobody got time for that. If he's flailing why are all the libtards in an uproar because he doing what he said he would. Stopped immigration from Muslim terrorist, building the wall made the Hyde Act permanent, bombing the sh*t out of ISIS and what remains of Al Qaeda, I could go on but you delusional mind and you brain couldn't take the overload.
Trump hasn't done anything of consequence yet, just a flurry of executive orders amounting to nothing much more than suggestions. The same type of executive orders congressional republicans formerly railed against as unconstitutional.

In most cases, it'll take 60 votes in the Senate to pass anything truly harmful.
not that the right will be introducing anything harmful but ya might want to look into that 60 vote thing a little deeper...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote: not that the right will be introducing anything harmful but ya might want to look into that 60 vote thing a little deeper...
Most Senate Republicans are pussies and besides, they know if they go nuclear, all bets are off after Gump implodes. Still need 60 for now.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote: not that the right will be introducing anything harmful but ya might want to look into that 60 vote thing a little deeper...
Most Senate Republicans are pussies and besides, they know if they go nuclear, all bets are off after Gump implodes. Still need 60 for now.
ok I'm out...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
ok I'm out...
So sensitive!

Republican Hyprocisy

After Republicans spent eight years using filibusters and cloture votes to obstruct President Barack Obama’s agenda, prominent Republicans now are advocating for eliminating it.

“I firmly believe that he wants to work; he wants to get things done,” Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told radio host Charlie Sykes of WTMJ in Milwaukee, in reference to an earlier conversation he had had with President-elect Donald Trump’s running mate Mike Pence. “He wants to be able to say we won and that best way to do that is to allow Paul [Ryan] to help lead the way in the House. I think the Senate, people like Ron Johnson for sure, Ron wants to help Paul in that regard. My biggest is concern that they not allow, some of these arcane rules that have nothing to with the Constitution.”

Walker went on to complain that if Democrats used the filibuster to thwart Trump’s agenda, it would be unfair to the American people who voted for him.

“To me, I think that would really upset the electorate [if] the people who not only elected Donald Trump and Mike Pence but the people who elected Ron here and elected other members of the House and the Senate,” Walker complained. “You cannot use, they cannot use inside-the-ballpark Washington procedural reason to justify why things don’t happen. They’ve got to get things done and as I said frequently here in this state and continue to, the best time to do them is early.”

The irony in Walker’s position, of course, is that Republicans have used the filibuster to an unprecedented degree during Obama’s presidency. By 2013 Republicans had made sure that more of Obama’s executive nominees had been filibustered to a far greater extent than those of his predecessor, with Texas Sen. John Cornyn bragging, “There is a 60-vote threshold for every nomination.” (Sixty votes is the number of votes required to break a filibuster.) Republicans have also blocked Obama’s legislation at more than twice the rate of any previous Congress.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
ok I'm out...
So sensitive!

Republican Hyprocisy

After Republicans spent eight years using filibusters and cloture votes to obstruct President Barack Obama’s agenda, prominent Republicans now are advocating for eliminating it.

“I firmly believe that he wants to work; he wants to get things done,” Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told radio host Charlie Sykes of WTMJ in Milwaukee, in reference to an earlier conversation he had had with President-elect Donald Trump’s running mate Mike Pence. “He wants to be able to say we won and that best way to do that is to allow Paul [Ryan] to help lead the way in the House. I think the Senate, people like Ron Johnson for sure, Ron wants to help Paul in that regard. My biggest is concern that they not allow, some of these arcane rules that have nothing to with the Constitution.”

Walker went on to complain that if Democrats used the filibuster to thwart Trump’s agenda, it would be unfair to the American people who voted for him.

“To me, I think that would really upset the electorate [if] the people who not only elected Donald Trump and Mike Pence but the people who elected Ron here and elected other members of the House and the Senate,” Walker complained. “You cannot use, they cannot use inside-the-ballpark Washington procedural reason to justify why things don’t happen. They’ve got to get things done and as I said frequently here in this state and continue to, the best time to do them is early.”

The irony in Walker’s position, of course, is that Republicans have used the filibuster to an unprecedented degree during Obama’s presidency. By 2013 Republicans had made sure that more of Obama’s executive nominees had been filibustered to a far greater extent than those of his predecessor, with Texas Sen. John Cornyn bragging, “There is a 60-vote threshold for every nomination.” (Sixty votes is the number of votes required to break a filibuster.) Republicans have also blocked Obama’s legislation at more than twice the rate of any previous Congress.
What I would worry about is that Harry Reid DID use the nuclear option to pass a bunch of judicial nominations that the Republicans were filibustering. The Republicans simply wanted legislation from the house to get to the Senate floor. Reid prevented anything that might have embarrassed Obama from seeing the light of day in the Senate. Now that the nuclear option has been used by Democrats, they are on the hook if the Republicans use it. Not sure I want to see it EVER used again. Its a good rule to keep sanity in the government. Perhaps we should revert to the older rule of needing 67 Senators.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dickc wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
ok I'm out...
So sensitive!

Republican Hyprocisy

What I would worry about is that Harry Reid DID use the nuclear option to pass a bunch of judicial nominations that the Republicans were filibustering. The Republicans simply wanted legislation from the house to get to the Senate floor. Reid prevented anything that might have embarrassed Obama from seeing the light of day in the Senate. Now that the nuclear option has been used by Democrats, they are on the hook if the Republicans use it. Not sure I want to see it EVER used again. Its a good rule to keep sanity in the government. Perhaps we should revert to the older rule of needing 67 Senators.
The rule they need to reinstate is the original filibuster, that required a Senator to actually hold the floor rather than just require a procedural vote. Back in the day when the floor needed to be held by one or more filibustering Senators, they'd be up there for hours doing things like reading the phone book or anything else that was needed, then pass the floor to another Senator to do the same thing. In this day and age of C-Span, can you imagine the image that would create to the American people?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Given what we have witnessed, image and audio don't appear to matter much anymore.
Much of the American populace is already aware of how disfunctional our Legislative branch is.
Strom Thurmond's long-standing filibuster record may be within reach during this legislative session. :twisted:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
Dickc wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
ok I'm out...
So sensitive!

Republican Hyprocisy

The rule they need to reinstate is the original filibuster, that required a Senator to actually hold the floor rather than just require a procedural vote. Back in the day when the floor needed to be held by one or more filibustering Senators, they'd be up there for hours doing things like reading the phone book or anything else that was needed, then pass the floor to another Senator to do the same thing. In this day and age of C-Span, can you imagine the image that would create to the American people?
ya mean like this?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/r ... nee-088507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Bubba wrote:
Didn't Lying Ted stand up reading Green Eggs and Ham over and over again a few years back?
Don't Killington Pico
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

boston_e wrote: Didn't Lying Ted stand up reading Green Eggs and Ham over and over again a few years back?
Yeah, though it wasn’t really a filibuster. He was using "green eggs and ham" as some kind of metaphor for how bad he believed Obamacare is. Apparently he did not comprehend the irony that the protagonist ultimately ends up loving green eggs and ham.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

they'll be deciding on saturday who's going to "lead" the party....

Ellison and Perez are considered the leading candidates for the DNC chair position. Ellison has attracted the support of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), while Perez has received endorsements from former Vice President Joe Biden, Virginia Gov. Richard “Terry” McAuliffe and Colorado Gov. John Wright Hickenlooper among others.”
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://theblacksphere.net/2017/02/likel ... rotection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Democrats seem to be forming a circular firing squad :roll:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/23/us/d ... 74587&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote:Democrats seem to be forming a circular firing squad :roll:
:like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like :like

Maybe once they have done themselves completely in, a new Democratic party that has the WORKING CLASS at its pinnacle will emerge. The current Democratic party seems to think that those who work are worth nothing.