Hope the Rutland Mayor election does not hurt Killington

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Hope the Rutland Mayor election does not hurt Killington

Post by freeski »

skilab wrote:So clearly the need is here and a primary miconception is the syrians are not skilled which is false.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Your ideas are very dangerous. These people are fanatics that want YOU dead. Looking at this from an Econ 101 unemployment angle misses the true dangers. :-)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Freeski speaks the truth. These people can't be trusted. They will bring the hate and possibly another 911 style attack. Most of these aholes are part of sleeper cells. Our govt and the left are just too p.c. to do what they need to do with these people. Stay packing my friends. You may save lives.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

I am sure some refugees are great people. It is simply impossible to tell when they come from a country with no reliable government or no government at all. Some people will pay with their lives. granted it will probably be few. I am sure they could very well be better people than all the meth and heroin addicts in Rutland but they are our f ups! Money should go to trying to help them and their agenda is pretty clearly simply feeding their addiction. Should we be sucking all their most educated people into our country when they are needed to help their own country rebuild? Sure is complicated.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

This has nothing to do with skiing. Idling cars has nothing to do with skiing. Can we please have an admin move these stupid threads to a proper board. This is getting ridiculous. I'm willing to pay one of your bar tabs at the peak for a day. If you can make my request happen. P.M. me. I'll make good as soon as tomorrow morning. K zone is going to the toilet.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Politics does actually intersect with skiing life. An easily made bomb blowing up a Killington ski lift would be a great "victory" for the cause they so much believe in. It could be done with the right motivation and easily obtained materials from a Home Depot. Many people have a back pack and nobody is searched. It would be an easy attack on a very soft target. It would have a huge impact far out of the proportion of those actually hurt. 1 or 2 attacks would totally kill the industry. We are killing their friends with drones and soldiers as we speak by the hundreds and I am sure some innocents in the process. Do you think they are not very angry about that? If was them I would want to strike back. How many attacks would it take to totally cripple the Vermont skiing industry. I suspect only one. Just see how well Minnesota has done with their Somali Muslim refugee community. Their kids born in the USA use their student loan money to go join IS to fight jihad. A federal district court just convicted 9 of them. How many more actually got away? Probably 10 times that. Also, the community totally hates the federal government and the informant who helped nail them. You should read about it it only made regional news. Granted MOST of them are probably better than the Rutland meth and heroin addicts but they just want to get high.
Last edited by GSKI on Mar 10th, '17, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

It is very complicated and I agree in a perfect world the best and brightest should help rebuild their nation but in Syria and Iraq who knows when that will be. I have lived in Saudi Arabia and the UAE as a civilian so I am very familiar with the different Muslim sects. That is what the vetting process is for and Trump's brief hold to bolster the already rigorous vetting process is actually pretty reasonabl. By summer we should have another 50 families in Rutland in addition to what has been negotiated with the UNHCR for VT. The good news is I have already placed my two condos in K and home on the list to host 3 syrian families for free indefinitely so maybe we can have a kzone get to know your new neighbors bbq in bay 1. You all can directly express your feelings to your new fellow Americans.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Some of them are surly great people but they are coming from a war zone filled with terrorists who want to make an impact. The terrorists have clearly stated they will use refugees as terrorists. Your idealism will get some people killed but it makes you feel morally righteous. Sad. Must be compensating for other things in your life. I guess you feel it will be only a few people who die if it happens so it is ok with you. We are already paying billions for camps to hold the refugees closer to home until their Sunni Shia regional holy war subsides. I see no problem with that we do not need them here. We do not need an Islamist supremacist community who are actually very intolerant in their ideology in order to prove we are tolerant people.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

skilab wrote:The good news is I have already placed my two condos in K and home on the list to host 3 syrian families for free indefinitely so maybe we can have a kzone get to know your new neighbors bbq in bay 1.
What condo association at Killington are you planning on doing this at?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:
skilab wrote:The good news is I have already placed my two condos in K and home on the list to host 3 syrian families for free indefinitely so maybe we can have a kzone get to know your new neighbors bbq in bay 1.
What condo association at Killington are you planning on doing this at?
Sharia Village? :wink: :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Camels idling at merchants row will prolly elicit a thread here :lol:
Rutland dregs cause more issues here than these Syrians ever will.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

brownman wrote:Camels idling at merchants row will prolly elicit a thread here :lol:
Rutland dregs cause more issues here than these Syrians ever will.

:seeya
I've already got my "I brake for camels" bumper sticker.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Who is the idiot admin who "moves" a thread, yet it can still be read in it's original place? It doesn't get moved. So stupid.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

brownman wrote:Rutland dregs cause more issues here than these Syrians ever will.
It depends what kind of weapons they get their hands on.

I'm guessing Fall Line condos will be weaponized.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:Who is the idiot admin who "moves" a thread, yet it can still be read in it's original place? It doesn't get moved. So stupid.
It's left there temporarily so people know it's been moved, not totally removed. The "moved" tag can be removed later.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

freeski wrote:
brownman wrote:Rutland dregs cause more issues here than these Syrians ever will.
It depends what kind of weapons they get their hands on.

I'm guessing Fall Line condos will be weaponized.
Can't inflict a lot of damage to you or me with a hypodermic needle. :wink:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path