Post by Bubba »

And use it in a sentence.

Covfefe: "I am still a redolent turd"

"Despite the negative press Covfefe."
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Define "Covfefe"

Post by Coydog »

Gump Voter: "Oy Covfefe, what was I thinking?"
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

awesome new word created from a typo that drive liberals and progressives batchit crazy just by existing...

COVFEFE!!!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... tion-scene" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bank Of America, Delta Pull Out Of "Shakespeare In The Park" Over Trump Assassination Scene

liberals destroying that which the feign to hold dear...or the "unintended" consequences of being a ( barely ) useful idiot...

covfefe...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... ovfefe-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Illinois Democrat Introduces "COVFEFE Act"
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Covfefe: The practice of distraction, obstruction and pompous proclamation of irrelevant minor matters while ignoring the major issues of the day.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Covfefe: see idiot
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:Covfere: see idiot
indeed, used in a sentence "Nikoli the Covfere is incapable of spelling COVFEFE!!!"
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Handel (R) 134,595 51.9 WINNER
Ossoff (D) 124,893 48.1 democrat

COVFEFE!!!

watching the D's pile big money into THE most expensive house race in history only to add to their LOSS column is simply a continuation of the clinton ways, spend huge unprecedented money ( someone else's money of course) only to all so predictably lose...

COVFEFE!!!
Of course, making Handel's win even sweeter for Republicans is the fact that Democrats outspent them by a margin of 7-to-1, with Ossoff dropping a staggering ~$22 million versus only $3 million for Handel....which is kind of reminiscent of how things played our for Hillary...oops.

Meanwhile, as The Mercury News pointed out earlier this morning, this race has been by far the costliest in the history of Congressional races with Ossoff raising over $23 million. Ironically, he received nearly 9x more donations from California than from Georgia, a testament to how this special election has morphed into a national contest for Democrats.

Between March 29 and May 31, Ossoff reported receiving 7,218 donations from California, dwarfing the 808 donations he received from Georgia. In the nine Bay Area counties alone, he received 3,063 donations in the same time period.

Those are only a fraction of Ossoff’s total donations, as he doesn’t have to report contributions from people who give less than $200 in total. In addition, many of the individual donations include the same people giving to his campaign multiple times.
Finally, just as we pointed out earlier this morning, there seems to have been some "oversamples" in the polling data as the Real Clear Politics average had Ossoff winning by 5 points just last week...for those keeping track that's a roughly 10-point polling 'error' from how things actually turned out. Here's what we said earlier today:

According to the Real Clear Politics average, Handel's support has surged in recent days making the race a dead heat heading into election day. That said, just like last November, we would be shocked if there weren't some "oversamples" in the polling data.

Of course, it's only a matter of time until someone at CNN and/or MSNBC alleges that Russia stole the election or thunderstorms suppressed the minority vote...you know, because it simply can't be that American's just aren't buying into their failed, Big Government policies anymore.
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The 9th district has been represented by Republican's since the 70's. Not a surprise it didn't sway to the Democrats. I mean Newt ran that district for 20 years! It is telling that it was this close ... normally the GOP candidate wins HUGE (20-30%)! I suspect in swing states the results will be different.

How's that tax reform going?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The 9th district has been represented by Republican's since the 70's. Not a surprise it didn't sway to the Democrats.so yer saying the D's just pissed away 22 million dollars on a guaranteed losing battle? I'll agree w that, but that;s not what we heard EVERY day for the last month, to the contrary we heard that this was the moment where trump was rebuked setting the stage for big D wins in 2018...hahaha...what's really no surprise is that people who voted for trump are not going to vote for a democrat in 2018 or 2020 simply because dems have done anythign and everything they can to impede trump...how does it even make sense to imagine that? I mean Newt ran that district for 20 years! It is telling that it was this close ... doubt all that california money and 7-1 spending had anything to do with it...once a special election receives national attn it cedes the ability to become a bellwether...normally the GOP candidate wins HUGE (20-30%)! I suspect in swing states the results will be different.
hahahhahahah that's what we've been hearing after every special election...let us know when that pans out....
How's that tax reform going?
not that it matters one but to me but...

EXCLUSIVE: Blue Dog Democrats meet with top Trump aides on tax reform

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/33871 ... tax-reform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

House speaker, Trump aides vow tax reform by end of 2017

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-c ... SKBN19B09U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but of course:

Democrats Vow To Block Tax Reform Bill Until Trump Releases His Taxes

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/04/18/ ... taxes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and they'll do the same w HC legislation...

for the most part I hardly care if nothing comes of either bill, I'm ok with taxes and HC staying the way they are now vs any kind of price/liability escalation that is inevitable with any kind of legislation....but for those like you XJ who are obsessed with being assessed with more taxes you must be upset at both parties for failing to get this done :roll: ...you can just send in add'l tax payments voluntarily until they make it mandatory...or do you somehow imagine that a person in your tax bracket is going to see some sort of significant decrease in tax liability once all the loopholes are eliminated...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote: House speaker, Trump aides vow tax reform by end of 2017

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-c ... SKBN19B09U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They have a lot of work to do in the next 6 months to get it into law by 12/31!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

that surprises you?
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

that surprises you?
No, but in a previous thread you used Obama's ACA as a baseline to support how long things take. So just to revist the ACA was presented to the house in July of 2009 (6 months after the inauguration). By March 2010, just 8 months later, it was signed into law. Trump is already behind if we use your barometer. Perhaps he'll make up ground and get it into law by 12/31/17, not holding my breath. I'd be surprised if it's in law by 12/31/18. Also, another reminder on his position on taxes during the campaign:

Tax brackets - Reduce the current seven tax brackets to three with rates of 10 percent, 25 percent and 35 percent.
Standard deduction - The standard deduction would nearly double.
Itemized deductions - Eliminate targeted tax breaks that mainly benefit the wealthiest taxpayers.
Alternative minimum tax - Axe it.
Estate tax - Axe it.
Capital gains taxes - Eliminate the 3.8 percent net income investment tax (from ACA)
Corporate tax - lower to 15% and special interest tax breaks / one time repatriation tax
Territorial tax system - Only pay US tax on income earned in the U.S.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

that surprises you?
No, but in a previous thread you used Obama's ACA as a baseline to support how long things take. So just to revist the ACA was presented to the house in July of 2009 (6 months after the inauguration). a point on the current timeline we've not even reached yet...By March 2010, just 8 months later, it was signed into law. Trump is already behind if we use your barometer. not that I even remotely attempted to use that as a barometer, there is no barometer...but how is june somehow further behind than july when there was already a HC bill passed by the house? or are you ignoring that and only talking about a tax bill cuz that suits your needs? as you note above part of the tax bill is intertwined with the HC bill and the reconciliation process is pretty specific in what it can and cannot do, so knowing all that and knowing that w/o passing the HC bill the tax bill will take much longer you still try to make some kind of comparison argument as if it's relevant to the current situation...I really have a hard time following along with you other than to understand your main point, you don;t like trump and wish to hang any and every negative on him you can...terrific as if that's been a winning strategy... kinda just puts you with the MSM , ignore or assume the exact opposite of your position...Perhaps he'll make up ground and get it into law by 12/31/17, not holding my breath. I'd be surprised if it's in law by 12/31/18. Also, another reminder on his position on taxes during the campaign:

Tax brackets - Reduce the current seven tax brackets to three with rates of 10 percent, 25 percent and 35 percent.
Standard deduction - The standard deduction would nearly double.
Itemized deductions - Eliminate targeted tax breaks that mainly benefit the wealthiest taxpayers.
Alternative minimum tax - Axe it.
Estate tax - Axe it.
Capital gains taxes - Eliminate the 3.8 percent net income investment tax (from ACA)
Corporate tax - lower to 15% and special interest tax breaks / one time repatriation tax
Territorial tax system - Only pay US tax on income earned in the U.S.
I used the ACA to dispel your notion that trump was a lame duck because HC and tax reform haven;t passed yet...

his position on taxes doesn;t necessarily equate with what congress thinks... and of course you know that, but you wish to seek out my defense of trump...I honestly don't care whether he accomplishes that or not, only that he keeps progressive dem legislation, ideas and ideology from being perpetually expanded and forced upon the rest of us...that's ALL i really want...so far , so good...

the ACA is a pile of crap that was designed to destroy the system we have and usher in single payer... it's virtually impossible to place govt control over HC in a way that is politically beneficial... IMO the best thing that can happen is the Republican HC bill keeps getting zero D support and doesn't pass...then it remains the D albatross...perfect...

as far as taxes goes, how does one craft a tax plan to cover the magnitude of deficit spending that creates debt so deep it can never be repaid? how does one craft a tax bill to even cover the current liabilities of a govt that has continually made promises it can never keep in exchange for votes?

the best hope the D's have for '18 or '20 is that there is an all powerful deep state and that it tanks the market in a manner that creates negative headlines for trump...even then many have seen enough of the blatant propaganda from the MSM and tune it out, or even worse assume the exact opposite of whatever the MSM is selling...

trying to hang the tax bill and aca repeal on R's a means to take them down will go nowhere...nothing the D's are offering is even worthy of a sniff..
mach es sehr schnell