Multiple People Shot At Congressional Baseball Practice

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Multiple People Shot At Congressional Baseball Practice

Post by Dickc »

Coydog wrote:
freeski wrote:Giffords shooting was by a crazed lunatic.
Yeah, someone who targets and guns down members of Congress at a baseball field is not a crazed lunatic. :roll:
Exactly what I was referring to. ANYONE who thinks its OK to shoot at and possibly kill someone has lost touch with sanity. I exempt police, federal agents and the armed forces from this provided they are doing their job properly. (Said to exclude Lt. William Calley and other individuals who clearly crossed a line.)
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Dickc wrote:
Coydog wrote:
freeski wrote:Giffords shooting was by a crazed lunatic.
Yeah, someone who targets and guns down members of Congress at a baseball field is not a crazed lunatic. :roll:
Exactly what I was referring to. ANYONE who thinks its OK to shoot at and possibly kill someone has lost touch with sanity. I exempt police, federal agents and the armed forces from this provided they are doing their job properly. (Said to exclude Lt. William Calley and other individuals who clearly crossed a line.)
Well, he was a Bernie supporter. So let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he's batsh1t.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Isn't Jenner Republican?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

icedtea wrote:Isn't Jenner Republican?
Jenner doesn't know what he is. :|
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.city-journal.org/html/incit ... 15267.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Incitement to Violence
The Left has raised America’s political temperature to the boiling point.
Democrats may be horrified by today’s attempted massacre of the GOP House baseball team by an avowed progressive, but their incendiary demands for “massive resistance” since November have been an open plea for the escalation of words into violent action. The daily repetition that President Trump is an illegitimate usurper who stole the election through collusion with foreign powers has been a hypnotic incantation in search of an Oswald: a siren call for an assassin.
We don’t have to look too hard to find extremist rhetoric from influential people whose appeals for violence are only partially veiled. In March, former attorney general Loretta Lynch made a brief video in which she called for people “who see our rights being assailed, being trampled on and even being rolled back” to follow the example of freedom fighters of the past. “They’ve marched, they’ve bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before. We can do this again.” The Senate Democrats shared Lynch’s call for street action leading to bloody sacrifice on their Facebook page.
At the Women’s March on Washington the day after Trump’s inauguration, Angela Davis’s appeal for militancy was met with cheers. “Over the next months and years we will be called upon to intensify our demands for social justice to become more militant in our defense of vulnerable populations,” announced Davis, who in 1970 bought the shotgun used two days later to murder a judge. “Those who still defend the supremacy of white male hetero-patriarchy had better watch out,” she concluded. At the same event, pop legend Madonna spoke about her fantasies of “blowing up the White House.”
Liberals frequently complain that conservatives disseminate propaganda to their secretly racist supporters via “dog whistle” tactics, which send the desired message in coded language or gestures. The same liberals have dispensed with high-frequency whistles in favor of a simpler message: “Treason!” Following the now-debunked February 14 New York Times report that Trump’s campaign had been in direct contact with Russian agents before the election, a late-night host commented, “It’s funny because it’s treason.” Comedian Rosie O’Donnell led an anti-Trump rally outside the White House, declaring, “He is going down and so will all of his administration. The charge is treason.”
Joy Behar, host of The View, has claimed that the president’s allegiance to the Kremlin is treasonous, but she is also concerned about his work on behalf of Islamic State caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. “Do you think,” mused Behar, “that because he is the recruiter-in-chief, and by his words he’s getting more people to go on the side of ISIS, that he could be considered treasonous? I mean, that is against the Constitution, that is against America. That’s a treasonous act in my opinion.” Treason, of course, is a capital crime; the constant reiteration of the charge that Trump is a traitor has supplied the groundwork of justification for political violence.
Reputable figures in the media have normalized radical, violent discourse. Popular television writer/producer David Simon tweeted this week, “If Donald Trump fires Robert Mueller and is allowed to do so, pick up a goddamn brick. That's all that’s left to you.” Writing in The Nation, Natasha Lennard praised street violence as “kinetic beauty,” and Angelo Carusone, president of Media Matters, exhorted, “Don’t play footsie with proto-fascism. f*** smash it.” A protestor at a rally in New York City’s Tompkins Square Park held a sign reading, “Hug a refugee (with permission); Punch a Nazi (with precision.)”
Every policy difference, no matter how trivial, has been cast as a matter of life and death. Proposed changes in federal Medicaid reimbursement practices will consign “tens of thousands of people” to early death, according to Senator Bernie Sanders, while rolling back federal guidelines on transgender bathroom signage will cause more teenagers to kill themselves, according to ThinkProgress. Abandonment of the non-enforceable and voluntary Paris Accord on Climate Change will doom the world to “catastrophe” and imminent mass extinction, according to Jill Stein.
In the last few weeks, the violent rhetoric crossed a fever line. CNN personality Kathy Griffin posed deadpan holding a severed and bloody head resembling Donald Trump; on television the next day, she tearfully denounced the many “old white men” who have supposedly bullied her. New York’s venerable Shakespeare in the Park is currently performing a modern-dress version of Julius Caesar, in which a Trump-qua-Caesar character is murdered every night in a particularly bloody and graphic staging.
Following the shooting, liberal Twitter erupted in cynical snark. Op-ed writer Malcolm Harris wondered if the shooter could plead self-defense, in the event he had a pre-existing condition. Sonia Gupta, a Louisiana former prosecutor, counseled her followers not to be too sad about the wounding of Representative Steve Scalise, because “he’s a racist piece of sh*t and hateful bigot.” David Frum, though not a liberal, reminded us that “the president is the country's noisiest inciter of political violence,” though the violence he has supposedly incited appears to be mostly from the other side.
Trump’s opponents in the media, academia, and politics can pretend that their calls for radical action were meant metaphorically or in a nonviolent sense. But they are the ones who opened this box of fear, panic, and rage. Let them take responsibility for the climate that now exists.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... d-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBS Anchor Blames Trump's Tweets for Congressional Baseball Field Shooting
mach es sehr schnell

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

madhatter wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... d-shooting

I will admit that my mouth was hanging open when I watched Scott Pelley last night. I was surprised that he could editorialize in that manner.

Seeing the headline within the post above I was curious to read someone else's take on the matter. This is the first time I've followed one of these "zerohedge" links. Yikes. I guess I'll resume my search for a more neutral perspective.

This is a quote from an article on Mediaite, which admittedly has a left wing perspective, but I do think it characterizes Pelley's rant in a more accurate manner than the one in the Zerohedge link. "At the close of tonight’s broadcast of CBS Evening News, anchor Scott Pelley took aim at both sides of the political spectrum — and the leaders and talking heads who inhabit them — regarding overheated rhetoric that is now in the spotlight in the wake of the Congressional baseball shooting."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MarieM wrote:
madhatter wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... d-shooting

I will admit that my mouth was hanging open when I watched Scott Pelley last night. I was surprised that he could editorialize in that manner.

Seeing the headline within the post above I was curious to read someone else's take on the matter. This is the first time I've followed one of these "zerohedge" links. Yikes. I guess I'll resume my search for a more neutral perspective.

This is a quote from an article on Mediaite, which admittedly has a left wing perspective, but I do think it characterizes Pelley's rant in a more accurate manner than the one in the Zerohedge link. "At the close of tonight’s broadcast of CBS Evening News, anchor Scott Pelley took aim at both sides of the political spectrum — and the leaders and talking heads who inhabit them — regarding overheated rhetoric that is now in the spotlight in the wake of the Congressional baseball shooting."
the rhetoric may be coming from "both sides" but only one side is acting on it with violence...that's the issue...and the problem...the left is insane over losing the election and simply refuses to accept the outcome...every day it's a "new" reason why trump is about to be removed from office...it dominates the news cycle on tv online in print despite there still being ZERO evidence of ANY crime, but the goalseeking dems are sure they have the right perpetrator they just haven't found a crime that's been committed yet but by golly they're gonna find it soon...

the daily mantra from the left and the MSM is trump is a criminal, a tool of the russian govt, republicans are criminals, they want you to die, they are evil, mean-spirited, want to destroy the environment, take away rights, want to enslave poor people, we must form a resistance and take our fight to the streets etc etc etc
:roll: :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat :beat

then when someone takes action on that mantra they feign ignorance and blame both sides when the left is implicated, but solely the right when they are implicated and of course never the left on their own no matter what... whenever there is violence from the left it's denounced in typical PC fashion then re-affirmed with a "but we can understand why..." that completely negates any culpability...the good hate...
mach es sehr schnell

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

For those of you that grew up where schooling was optional .. :sad:
Chemical reactions can accelerate when a catalyst is present.
Gumpium is under consideration for the periodic table.

.. some lyrics below from 1989 .. 5th verse is notable ..

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, Terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide
Foreign debts, homeless Vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and Roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Happy to learn Congressman Scalise appears to be turning the corner. :Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:For those of you that grew up where schooling was optional .. :sad:
Chemical reactions can accelerate when a catalyst is present.
Gumpium is under consideration for the periodic table.

.. some lyrics below from 1989 .. 5th verse is notable ..

Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon back again
Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate, punk rock
Begin, Reagan, Palestine, Terror on the airline
Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal suicide
Foreign debts, homeless Vets, AIDS, crack, Bernie Goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, China's under martial law
Rock and Roller cola wars, I can't take it anymore

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it

Happy to learn Congressman Scalise appears to be turning the corner. :Toast
yep, the good hate...cuz trump... :roll: for those where apparently schooling was indoctrination...
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:the rhetoric may be coming from "both sides" but only one side is acting on it with violence...that's the issue...and the problem...
Agreed.

According to the Government Accountability Office of the United States, 73% of violent extremist incidents that resulted in deaths since September 12, 2001 were caused by right wing extremists groups.

GAO-17-300, COUNTERING VIOLENT EXTREMISM (PDF) Actions Needed to Define Strategy and Assess Progress of Federal Efforts." U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO). Government Accountability Office, 6 Apr. 2017. Web. 4 June 2017.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

since yer not gonna bother explaining the constitutional rights of foreign nationals on foreign soil maybe you have time to compare left wing riots, protest, public property destruction, shootings etc to similar events committed by "the right"... and lets not even get into the violence that takes place in every left wing run city in the country..I looked at yer link, bunch of crap... skinhead this, white supremacists that... etc as if anything skinhead and white supremacist has anything to do with the republican or conservative platform...
This appendix provides details on the violent extremist attacks in the
United States based on the U.S. Extremist Crime Database (ECDB) data
and as described in the background section of this report. Specifically,
tables 1 and 2 show a description, date, location and number of victim
fatalities for each far right and radical Islamist attack between September
12, 2001 and December 31, 2016. During this period, no persons in the
United States were killed in attacks carried out by persons believed to be
motivated by extremist environmental beliefs, extremist “animal liberation”
beliefs, or extremist far left beliefs. The information on these attacks,
including the motivations of the attackers, is from the ECDB, maintained
by National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to
Terrorism (START), at the University of Maryland. START is a
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Center of Excellence. The
ECDB tracks violent extremist incidents in the United States since 1990.
For our analysis, we included the time period from September 12, 2001
through December 31, 2016, to show violent extremist attacks that have
occurred since the September 11, 2001 attacks. We assessed the
reliability of this data source through review of database documentation
and interviews with the ECDB principle investigators. We discussed
cases with the ECDB investigators to clarify details as needed. We
determined that this data source was sufficiently reliable for providing
background information on the problem of violent extremism in the United
States, including the number of attacks and fatalities by ideological
motivation (far right or radical Islamist), year and location.
Far right violent extremist attackers are characterized by ECDB as having
beliefs that include some or all of the following:

• Fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in
orientation);
• Anti-global;
• Suspicious of centralized federal authority;
• Reverent of individual liberty (especially right to own guns; be free of
taxes);
• Belief in conspiracy theories that involve a grave threat to national
sovereignty and/or personal liberty;
• Belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack
and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent; and
Appendix II: Violent Extremist Attacks in the
United States that Resulted in Fatalities,
September 12, 2001 through December 31,

• Belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating
in or supporting the need for paramilitary preparations and training or
survivalism.
In addition, according to the ECDB, many persons having violent extreme
far right views express support for some version of white supremacy, the
Ku Klux Klan, and neo-Nazism.

According to the ECDB, attackers with violent radical Islamist beliefs were
generally those who professed some form of belief in or allegiance to the
Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), al-Qa’ida, or other (radical) Islamistassociated
terrorist entities. ECDB’s determination of these beliefs are
based on statements made by attackers prior to, during, or after their
attacks that showed a belief in violent extremist interpretations of Islam,
or evidence gathered by police and other sources about the attackers.

every argument you make is simply an attempt to paint the right and trump supporters as something you know they aren't in an attempt to invalidate the last election...

meanwhile the face of the democrat party is divisive, violent, driven by race, socioeconomic status, gender and any other identity politics they can grasp onto while projecting onto the right and attempting to associate the right with extremist groups that no one in the republican party is associated with or embracing or even remotely involved with..Extremest groups that have nothing to do with conservatism or conservative values...

sorry but it's the left as a party that embraces antifa, occupy,resist, anti-police, BLM etc etc they are all mainstream front and center democrat operations, wholly supported by many D's in congress and the MSM ...

the left is hell bent on removing the duly elected president and overruling the will of the electorate...that won't be happening, the question is what length will they go to in their attempt and how will it finally be quelled?
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:since yer not gonna bother explaining the constitutional rights of foreign nationals on foreign soil I already addressed that silly red herring argument - not at issue in the EO case maybe you have time to compare left wing riots, protest, public property destruction, shootings etc to similar events committed by "the right"... and lets not even get into the violence that takes place in every left wing run city in the country..I looked at yer link, bunch of crap... skinhead this, white supremacists that... etc as if anything skinhead and white supremacist has anything to do with the republican or conservative platform...
CBO study seems pretty objective to me. The far right is just as misguided as "radical Islamic terrorists". Same goes for the far left.
madhatter wrote: every argument you make is simply an attempt to paint the right and trump supporters as something you know they aren't you mean uniformed sycophants who blindly accept and even relish the fact that Gump is a first class liar and con man? did I say that? in an attempt to invalidate the last election...

meanwhile the face of the democrat party is divisive, violent, driven by race, socioeconomic status, gender and any other identity politics they can grasp onto while projecting onto the right and attempting to associate the right with extremist groups that no one in the republican party is associated with or embracing or even remotely involved with yeah, like the assertion the baseball field shooter was just a garden variety Democrat because Democrats buy guns to commit crimes but Republicans buy guns to protect themselves..Extremest groups that have nothing to do with conservatism or conservative values...or liberal values

sorry but it's the left as a party that embraces antifa, occupy,resist, anti-police, BLM etc etc they are all mainstream front and center democrat operations, wholly supported by many D's in congress and the MSM ...

the left is hell bent on removing the duly elected president and overruling the will of the electorate...that won't be happening I sense a wager in the making , the question is what length will they go to in their attempt I expect they'll legally defy every unconstitutional act put forward by this administration and how will it finally be quelled? 2020 or maybe sooner
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:since yer not gonna bother explaining the constitutional rights of foreign nationals on foreign soil I already addressed that silly red herring argument - not at issue in the EO case ignoring or denying is not addressing, again what rights do foreign nationals on foreign soil have under the constitution?maybe you have time to compare left wing riots, protest, public property destruction, shootings etc to similar events committed by "the right"... and lets not even get into the violence that takes place in every left wing run city in the country..I looked at yer link, bunch of crap... skinhead this, white supremacists that... etc as if anything skinhead and white supremacist has anything to do with the republican or conservative platform...
CBO study seems pretty objective to me. The far right is just as misguided as "radical Islamic terrorists". none of those "far right" groups actually have anything to do with the right or republicans or conservatives...unlike the slew of groups I mention below..Same goes for the far left. not so much see below...
madhatter wrote: every argument you make is simply an attempt to paint the right and trump supporters as something you know they aren't you mean uniformed sycophants who blindly accept and even relish the fact that Gump is a first class liar and con man? did I say that? rather sophomoric of you...in an attempt to invalidate the last election...

meanwhile the face of the democrat party is divisive, violent, driven by race, socioeconomic status, gender and any other identity politics they can grasp onto while projecting onto the right and attempting to associate the right with extremist groups that no one in the republican party is associated with or embracing or even remotely involved with yeah, like the assertion the baseball field shooter was just a garden variety Democrat because Democrats buy guns to commit crimes but Republicans buy guns to protect themselves from democrats.....ya for got the FROM democrats part assuming it applies only to the likes of the guy who tried to assassinate members of congress vs the plethora of criminals in predominately blue states... Extremest groups that have nothing to do with conservatism or conservative values...or liberal valuesbeen a whole lotta calls to take the fight to the street against the subhuman trump and his "uniformed sycophants who blindly accept and even relish the fact that Gump is a first class liar and con man" who simply want to steal your hard earned money, destroy the environment, enslave the poor and ravage the earth for personal gain at the detriment of any and all others...seems like the garden variety guy was following the mainstream message a little too literally, to the surprise of no one...and that's the point the media with the help of shumer etc are creating an atmosphere that certain more extreme or unstable elements are going to act upon....the mainstream left both party and media have portrayed anything R and by extension R's as an extremist party bent on the destruction of society that must be stopped at any cost...right now the left owns that...and until the condemnations stop coming with a caveat the left will continue to own it..

sorry but it's the left as a party that embraces antifa, occupy,resist, anti-police, BLM etc etc they are all mainstream front and center democrat operations, wholly supported by many D's in congress and the MSM ...of course yer not gonna deny that all of these are left wing mainstream groups embraced by members of congress and the MSM which kinda negates anything else you said... right now extremists are the face of the democrats in party, in PAC's, in congress and in the media...

the left is hell bent on removing the duly elected president and overruling the will of the electorate...that won't be happening I sense a wager in the making , the question is what length will they go to in their attempt they will legally tie up every constitutional act put forward by this administration and how will it finally be quelled? 2020 or maybe sooner
mach es sehr schnell