Handel vs Ossoff

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Handel vs Ossoff

Post by Mister Moose »

In case you live under a rock, Handel won in Georgia's 6th district for congress. Handel was the Republican, having to fight for the seat in a historically Republican district; Newt's district. Ossoff was the Democrat, darling of the press, beneficiary of ~25 Meeeelion dollars in campaign donations, most of it from out of state. Ossoff didn't live in the district he was running in. It was supposed to be a huge referendum on Trump.

There is a lot of Monday/Wednesday morning quarterbacking as to why Handel won, but it occurs to me that there is something missing.

Not that I read every article throughout the election season, but no where did I see Handel proclaim, "Wouldn't you really like to see our district finally represented by a woman?" (A woman has never held the seat)

No article I've seen, no news report I've heard has trumpeted the victory of Handel being female. And that to me shows that women in politics have arrived. They are no longer news. Sure, the first female president will make a mark. But I doubt she will make it a campaign issue. Voters want substance, not packaging, position, not pandering.

(Vermont has never sent a woman to congress)
(There hasn't been a complete blackout, googling brought up two articles, thehill.com and the Washington Post)
freeski
Post Office

Re: Handel vs Ossoff

Post by freeski »

If she was a Democrat you would have heard it. We've got 4 women Reps / Senators in NH. It's not all it's cracked up to be. :sad:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

This race was over when Ossoff failed to reach 50% in the first round of voting.

Really this whole thing was non-news except for the fact that there were not really any other races to report on so it got made a big deal of. Had this been happening during the regular election cycle nobody would have ever heard of Ossoff, Handel or GA 6.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:This race was over when Ossoff failed to reach 50% in the first round of voting.exactly...

Really this whole thing was non-news except for the fact that the MSM and DNC are desperate for any kind of anti-trump win no matter how small that they can shout from the rooftops as a harbinger of trump's demise...there were not really any other races to report on so it got made a big deal of. Had this been happening during the regular election cycle nobody would have ever heard of Ossoff, Handel or GA 6.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....