McCain

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
brownman
Postinator

Re: McCain

Post by brownman »

Best Wishes to Senator McCain as he once again stands for battle.

:Toast

As to the other ridiculous comments .. :sad:
Forever .. Goat Path
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: I am most certainly biased ... you should take a peek in my beer fridge.
Post a photo. And include a scrap of paper with Kzone on it in the photo, we don't want just any beer fridge.

I'll start.
rsz_20170720_142820[1].jpg
rsz_20170720_142820[1].jpg (148.17 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Top row: Blue Point Toasted Lager, Long Trail Green Blaze, Long Trail Unearthed.
Lower row, left: Von Trapp Vienna Lager, Jacks Abby House Lager, Springdale But I Digress IPA, Springdale Good N You IPA, Hooker # No Filter IPA
Lower row, right: Thirsty Dog Labrador Lager, Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout, Avery Vanilla Stout, Berkshire Hoosac Tunnel Amber, Jacks Abby Cordon Rouge Barrel Aged Framinghammer

Clearly I haven't been to VT recently..... Up until last weekend there was also Sip Of Sunshine and Prospect.

Springdale "But I Digress" IPA is Massachusetts latest sleeper top shelf IPA.

And a toast to McCain's lengthy, feisty, honorable career.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote:Clearly I haven't been to VT recently..... Up until last weekend there was also Sip Of Sunshine and Prospect..
I was definitely expecting more VT brews. I got lucky in Chicago a couple weeks ago and tried some 3 Floyds - Zombie Dust. Tasty. I didn't bring any back because who wants to check luggage these days. Will post my fridge when I get home.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

McCain is not going to resign. He wants to die a senator, maybe he'll change his mind if he get's too bad. This is what ended Biden's son and he was a third McCain's age. Well, at least he'll have the best care. I wish him luck.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:McCain is not going to resign. He wants to die a senator, maybe he'll change his mind if he get's too bad. This is what ended Biden's son and he was a third McCain's age. Well, at least he'll have the best care. I wish him luck.
lots of people beat cancer, granted mc cain is getting up there in age and I believe has had health issues in the past as well...I don't for a minute doubt that if this is beatable he has a good shot of doing so...but he still should retire for quality of life purposes...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:Clearly I haven't been to VT recently..... Up until last weekend there was also Sip Of Sunshine and Prospect..
I was definitely expecting more VT brews. I got lucky in Chicago a couple weeks ago and tried some 3 Floyds - Zombie Dust. Tasty. I didn't bring any back because who wants to check luggage these days. Will post my fridge when I get home.
Here you go. Clearly biased towards beer with a higher OG!
Attachments
IMG_9820.jpg
IMG_9820.jpg (126.04 KiB) Viewed 504 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Here you go. Clearly biased towards beer with a higher OG!
I've had evil twin imperial doughnut break...never seen the biscotti version...

pic from a previous haul when I can store em cold in my pseudo root cellar...this time year I tend to grab a fourpak or two as needed...probby half a dozen foley 22's in the fridge too...maybe a couple others.. ok I just didn't feel like arranging em all to take a pic...

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

maybe this beer fridge thing can be move to the beer recommendations or to a new thread in teh general forum....
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Here you go. Clearly biased towards beer with a higher OG!
What are the two Dogfish in the center? The furthest right looks like Indian Brown colors, but the wording doesn't fit.

We tried a bomber of Founders Frootwood this spring on the hill, pretty good in small doses.

(Dual subject threads is a Kzone tradition!)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote:
It's OK. McCain probably drinks beer.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Here you go. Clearly biased towards beer with a higher OG!
What are the two Dogfish in the center? The furthest right looks like Indian Brown colors, but the wording doesn't fit.

We tried a bomber of Founders Frootwood this spring on the hill, pretty good in small doses.

Now that I'm back on my laptop I can post some links. Most of these beers are not my daily drinkers and may be 1-3 years old. While it may appear my favorite micro (macro?) brewery is Dogfish, it's actually Lagunitas. They just happen to be my daily drinker and the only highend Lagunitas I had was consumed last week (Lagunitas - The Waldo's Special Ale).

I like the idea of Founder's Barrel-Aged series. Seems Frootwood was the only beer of the series not receiving high acclaim. I heard similar stories like yours about Frootwood, which has prevent me from putting down the $15 they're charging around here. I've had Backwoods Bastard, which was very good but hot. I have KBS and Doom, but haven't tasted either yet. Their next one comes out in August called 'DKML'. It's barrel-aged malt liquor so doesn't sound like my thing, but will see what the beer folks say about it.

From left to right:
Yuengling - Lager
Dogfish Head - 120 Minute IPA - Note I have a flight of years 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Firestone Walker - Stickee Monkee
Dogfish Head - Higher Math
Dogfish Head - World Wide Stout
Stone - W00T Stout - Collaboration between Drew Curtis (from Fark.com), Wil Wheaton (Actor), and Greg Koch founder of Stone
Avery - Raspberry Sour
Founder's - Doom
Founder's - Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS)
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: I am most certainly biased ... you should take a peek in my beer fridge.
Post a photo. And include a scrap of paper with Kzone on it in the photo, we don't want just any beer fridge.

I'll start.
Top row: Blue Point Toasted Lager, Long Trail Green Blaze, Long Trail Unearthed.
Lower row, left: Von Trapp Vienna Lager, Jacks Abby House Lager, Springdale But I Digress IPA, Springdale Good N You IPA, Hooker # No Filter IPA
Lower row, right: Thirsty Dog Labrador Lager, Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout, Avery Vanilla Stout, Berkshire Hoosac Tunnel Amber, Jacks Abby Cordon Rouge Barrel Aged Framinghammer

Clearly I haven't been to VT recently..... Up until last weekend there was also Sip Of Sunshine and Prospect.

I miss the blue point toasted lagers, they used to be such a good beer, the old ones that had the yellow label. The new ones like you have in your fridge is what the toasted lagers became after in-bev bought blue point brewery and Budweisered the toasted lager.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

I'll start.

I miss the blue point toasted lagers, they used to be such a good beer, the old ones that had the yellow label. The new ones like you have in your fridge is what the toasted lagers became after in-bev bought blue point brewery and Budweisered the toasted lager.
don't budweiser ( any) beer...
mach es sehr schnell

MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

madhatter wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

I'll start.
The attachment rsz_20170720_142820[1].jpg is no longer available

Our beer fridge - hey, it's summer :Toast :P :mrgreen:
Attachments
KZbeerfridge.jpg
KZbeerfridge.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 437 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MrsG wrote:
madhatter wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

I'll start.

Our beer fridge - hey, it's summer :Toast :P :mrgreen:
alrighty I suppose I can amend it...

Don't budweiser ( any) beer ( unless yer the G's) :Toast
mach es sehr schnell