Media narrative is set! Rightous anti fascists VS NAZI white

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
GSKI
Powderhound

Media narrative is set! Rightous anti fascists VS NAZI white

Post by GSKI »

nationalist Trump supporters! I think that since the media have now successfully conflated "white nationalists" and neo-Nazis with nationalists and Trump supporters you will see the counter protesters aggressively showing up at any rally supporting Trump. With the "anti fascists" cracking trumpkins heads in the righteous cause of anti hate and racism and the media looking the other way they will have a hard time gathering to show their support for Trump. Even physical violence is ok when your fighting white supremacists pathetically exercising their 1st Amendment right to free speech. Of course the argument against that line is the 1st Amendment only protects your right to free speech without GOVERNMENT interference. It says nothing about getting you head cracked by anti fascists! The Boston rally was branded "white nationalist" and racist in the majority of the media I listened to and linked to Charlottsville despite the fact I did not see anything racist on the organizers facebook page. That means its game on and open season on any pro Trump gathering. Should be interesting. The activists on the left are well financed and loaded for bear. I would never put a Trump bumper sticker on my car or wear anything or go to any event supporting Trump (if I even supported Trump) because the media have whipped up the Democrat left to key your car or try to physically attack you.

What I wonder about in Charlottsville is is the was the rally route really changed by the local powers that be so that the "white supremacists" would be marched right into the counter protesters? I do not think there will ever be a clear answer to that and the media certainly is not going to spoil a good narrative finding answers! Lots of other questions about what happened that it would be nice to have dug into. The "white supremacists" march somewhere every year why did violence erupt suddenly this year and not past years? They are an insignificant tiny minority of mis fits for the most part why just now are they getting so much attention even before the actual violence? Also, a number of them were in full NAZI colors with flags unlike what I have seen in past years where they try to appear more normal.
Last edited by GSKI on Aug 22nd, '17, 08:59, edited 2 times in total.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Media narrative is set! Rightous anti fascists VS NAZI w

Post by madhatter »

even the eclipse is racist in the minds of the demented left ...

http://eaglerising.com/46572/the-solar- ... professor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and they wonder why no one takes them seriously...yep it's a mental illness alright...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:even the eclipse is racist in the minds of the demented left ...

http://eaglerising.com/46572/the-solar- ... professor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and they wonder why no one takes them seriously...yep it's a mental illness alright...
:roll: I have to take your comments as facetious in order to accept your IQ being higher than my shoe size. There are only two reasons one would interpret the Atlantic article as racist: willful misinterpretation or mental illness. The author of the Atlantic article clearly states that the sun and the moon cannot have racial preferences.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

There are only two reasons one would interpret the Atlantic article as racist: willful misinterpretation or mental illness. The author of the Atlantic article clearly states that the sun and the moon cannot have racial preferences.
Yet the author seems to have a need to just point out that most black people do not live in the path of the eclipse and discuss the KKK and slavery. The author linked them by putting them in the same article. There are less racially tinged ways to point out that black people are heavily concentrated in metropolitan areas and not spread out.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:even the eclipse is racist in the minds of the demented left ...

:roll: I have to take your comments as facetious in order to accept your IQ being higher than my shoe size. There are only two reasons one would interpret the Atlantic article as racist: willful misinterpretation or mental illness. The author of the Atlantic article clearly states that the sun and the moon cannot have racial preferences.
actually that quote comes from the eaglerising article...
She does realize that the sun and moon literally cannot have racial preferences, right? They shine on everyone same.
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... e-comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tell me how race is even part of an article on the eclipse? or how an article on race is tied to the eclipse...unless one sees all through the prism of race...

while yer at it, quote where the atlantic author "clearly states that the sun and the moon cannot have racial preferences."

this is about as close as I can see her coming to that, and when it's prefaced by "presumably" its hardly clearly stating, when follow up by "rationalization" it;s basically saying the opposite...
Presumably, this is not explained by the implicit bias of the solar system. It is a matter of population density, and more specifically geographic variations in population density by race, for which the sun and the moon cannot be held responsible. Still, an eclipse chaser is always tempted to believe that the skies are relaying a message
change presumably to obviously and you might have a point...if you ignored the rest of the articles references to race and racism...just an opportunist looking to further a narrative...

you know what you can do w yer shoe...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GSKI wrote:
There are only two reasons one would interpret the Atlantic article as racist: willful misinterpretation or mental illness. The author of the Atlantic article clearly states that the sun and the moon cannot have racial preferences.
Yet the author seems to have a need to just point out that most black people do not live in the path of the eclipse and discuss the KKK and slavery. The author linked them by putting them in the same article. There are less racially tinged ways to point out that black people are heavily concentrated in metropolitan areas and not spread out.
yeah like this:

pretty sure the eclipse could be seen from virtually EVERY major city in the continental US and that anyone of any race was free to partake in viewing it if they so chose:

https://www.inverse.com/article/35761-t ... ss-country" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

pretty sure the eclipse could be seen from virtually EVERY major city in the continental US and that anyone of any race was free to partake in viewing it if they so chose:
Correct but the full eclipse was only seen in deep red areas hence the racial angle from an author that sees everything from a racial angle.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GSKI wrote:Image
Correct but the full eclipse was only seen in deep red areas hence the racial angle from an author that sees everything from a racial angle.
it's even been televised and recorded so that it still can be viewed by ANYONE, ANYWHERE...

I dunno how anyone could defend that article...gonna give bubba a pass here, for the moment anyway...

even the comments by many proclaimed and many more presumed liberals denounce the article as a POS so detached from reality and classic liberalism as to not even be recognized as such....

here's sample:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... e-comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
•Reply•Share ›
Mark John1838 • a day ago
LOL so true I sing if anyone wants to collaborate we can write songs about people like this and SJWS & Feminazis I'll bet anything it would be popular. We have to fight back hard our country and identity and reality is under severe attack I was once a liberal but now despise them because it's been hijacked Youtube Musiccollaborator
•Reply•Share ›
Brian Clowes Mark • 15 hours ago
Mark, you might still be a liberal, as I still am. The trouble is that the definition of "liberal" has changed radically. We did not leave liberalism -- it left us. Classic liberalism still lives!
•Reply•Share ›
marie Brian Clowes • 5 hours ago
Hail, Hail..the things liberals once fought for no longer exist on the left ...which has become this regressive tyrannical anti free speech narrow minded cesspool that invents their own monsters. Now classical liberals have to fight for the rights of centralist and the right to have equality..It has all shifted.
•Reply•Share ›
rest assured trump and the R's appeal to these people far more than the DNC and it's ilk...
yet somehow imbeciles like DHS imagine that the progressives are about to take over the country as millions of imaginary disenfranchise trump voters flock the kamala harris, liz warren and the letter D.... :?c
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:

She does realize that the sun and moon literally cannot have racial preferences, right? They shine on everyone same.

tell me how race is even part of an article on the eclipse? or how an article on race is tied to the eclipse...unless one sees all through the prism of race...

while yer at it, quote where the atlantic author "clearly states that the sun and the moon cannot have racial preferences."

this is about as close as I can see her coming to that, and when it's prefaced by "presumably" its hardly clearly stating, when follow up by "rationalization" it;s basically saying the opposite...
Presumably, this is not explained by the implicit bias of the solar system. It is a matter of population density, and more specifically geographic variations in population density by race, for which the sun and the moon cannot be held responsible. Still, an eclipse chaser is always tempted to believe that the skies are relaying a message
change presumably to obviously and you might have a point...if you ignored the rest of the articles references to race and racism...just an opportunist looking to further a narrative...

I personally think the author had an axe to grind and used the eclipse to highlight said axe. If that was what you said, we'd have been in agreement. To say, though, that the author said the eclipse was racist is simply nonsense.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:

I personally think the author had an axe to grind and used the eclipse to highlight said axe. If that was what you said, we'd have been in agreement.yup that's what I'm saying, not that the moon is literally racist as was clearly stated as impossible in the eaglerising article...if one was concerned about race relations wouldn't an article that highlighted the fact that eclipses are "cool" to almost everyone and parlay that into all the other things that we all think are "cool"? but as one commenter said the left no longer stands for that or any of the classic liberal tenets ( Voltaire quote etc) To say, though, that the author said the eclipse was racist is simply nonsense.
did you really take it that literal? or did you just pretend in order to toss a jab? I'm gonna go w/ B but either way it highlights how divided the country is that everything is now on the table as a bone of contention for which a point can be scored...
mach es sehr schnell