Site Admin

Re: worst game ever?

Post by Bubba »

deadheadskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Would you have answered Iran? I don't think I would have.
I used to work with a guy from Iran. He had a photo of himself and Saddam Hussein. He strongly informed me one time over beers that Iranians are NOT Arabs. He failed to instill in me the fact that Iran borders the Caspian Sea. I wouldn't have gotten it right either.
I'll admit not knowing off hand that Northern Iran borders the Caspian Sea, but the other part of the question made the answer pretty easy to come up with. The only other possibilities would be Iraq and maybe Pakistan if its southwestern border is still considered along the Persian gulf and not the Indian Ocean. Neither of those countries would have land stretching far enough north to reach the Caspian Sea, so that leaves Iran as the only possible answer.
Persian Gulf begins at the Straits of Hormuz. Pakistan is nowhere near that.
Learn something new...

Perhaps High School I knew the Gulf was split in two between Persian and Oman. When you bring up Google maps on a phone it just says Persian until you zoom in. The area of Pakistan I was referring to essentially borders where the gulf reaches the ocean
I spent 40+ years working in energy. If I didn't know the Persian Gulf and the Straits of Hormuz, I should've walked away years ago.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe