DOJ-NSD FISA spying on Trump campaign...VERY BIG DEAL

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: DOJ-NSD FISA spying on Trump campaign...VERY BIG DEAL

Post by Highway Star »

Kpdemello wrote:Ah, he's just trolling, as per usual.
Thanks for the bump, chump!
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
Kpdemello wrote: Also, I call sh*t on your claim that their articles get more views than CNN's. You got any data to back that up or just pulling it out of your ass?
This is very easy to prove. CTH commonly posts 1-3 articles per day, plus 2-3 videos, plus two open discussion posts. Most people who frequently visit the site will read all the articles posted. There is also an EXTREMELY healthy comment section on all articles, most get around 500 thoughtful, unique comments in 24 hours.

CNN? Well CNN is the old media cesspool. They may have a few major stories a day that get major views because GOOGLE NEWS refers people to them, but otherwise most articles get a pathetic number of views. Also ZERO comments, since they can't maintain a comments section. On average, the average article on CNN gets less views.

You = Fail.
This is hilarious. I think you should check the comscore metrics for page views on cnn.com. CTH could only wish they were this big.
yep the ( barely) useful idiot class has many members...but being uninformed/misinformed by CNN etc isn't anything to crow about...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Your opinion. My post is fact
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:Your opinion. My post is fact
nothing about CNN is fact...if you consider them a news source, you don't know what news actually is...CNN is pure propaganda thinly disguised as news in order to make imbeciles do what they are told...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
nothing about CNN is fact...if you consider them a news source, you don't know what news actually is...CNN is pure propaganda thinly disguised as news in order to make imbeciles do what they are told...
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/ ... index.html

So Trump didn't tweet about the FISA? Or is this part of the article fact?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:

oh good grief...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while...sure they cover "news" that fits their narrative...any opportunity to take a jab at the trump...they fabricate or ignore the rest...

If you really need this explained to you, it probably won't help anyway...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:

oh good grief...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while...sure they cover "news" that fits their narrative...any opportunity to take a jab at the trump...they fabricate or ignore the rest...

If you really need this explained to you, it probably won't help anyway...
Must be the a prodigious blind squirrel ... lots of nuts being found by it.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
Let’s try to keep up. I was commenting on unique page views.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Highway Star wrote:Its coming.................

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/exclu ... ium=Social" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence members gained access to all Department of Justice and FBI documents it possesses on the Trump dossier, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

The committee was able to review Friday all FBI and DOJ documents on the Trump dossier, former MI-6 British agent Christopher Steele who authored the dossier, and Fusion GPS, the political opposition firm that hired Steele. DOJ also provided Obama administration applications to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which could approve the surveillance of the Trump transition team, according to a source with direct knowledge of the case.

The information could serve as a key breakthrough in the committee’s investigation of Steele, Fusion GPS and the Russians who influenced the dossiers’ contents.
Here is the leak/confirmation from congress we've been waiting for:

https://saraacarter.com/2018/01/10/was- ... a-warrant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:nothing about CNN is fact...if you consider them a news source, you don't know what news actually is...CNN is pure propaganda thinly disguised as news in order to make imbeciles do what they are told...
This is the trouble with political discussions. We can't even agree what a fact is anymore. You tell someone what a particular source reported, and they just say, well your source isn't reliable. As if CNN would be in business for long if they just made sh*t up and passed it on as news.

Does CNN have a bias? Maybe. But there's a difference between FACTS and OPINIONS. Facts are not biased. They are either true or false. If CNN actually reported a ton of false facts, all the other news media outlets who compete with them would be all over them and they would not survive as a company. (yay capitalism)

They can spout whatever opinions they want all day long. That's a completely different matter. They can choose to NOT report facts, or they can report those facts in a way that makes them seem slanted or persuasive in a particular way (i.e. "spin"). Fox accuses them of that, and sometimes rightly so. Fox also practices that on a regular basis by ignoring stories that other outlets push. In fact, they all do that.

But if you want to sit here and tell me that CNN publishes information as fact that they know is false... well I think you're like a crazy person who doesn't understand how the world works.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Nikoli wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Let’s try to keep up. I was commenting on unique page views.
plenty of pure garbage gets hits BFD...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
madhatter wrote:nothing about CNN is fact...if you consider them a news source, you don't know what news actually is...CNN is pure propaganda thinly disguised as news in order to make imbeciles do what they are told...
This is the trouble with political discussions. We can't even agree what a fact is anymore. You tell someone what a particular source reported, and they just say, well your source isn't reliable. As if CNN would be in business for long if they just made sh*t up and passed it on as news.

Does CNN have a bias? Maybe. But there's a difference between FACTS and OPINIONS. Facts are not biased. They are either true or false. If CNN actually reported a ton of false facts, all the other news media outlets who compete with them would be all over them and they would not survive as a company. (yay capitalism)

They can spout whatever opinions they want all day long. That's a completely different matter. They can choose to NOT report facts, or they can report those facts in a way that makes them seem slanted or persuasive in a particular way (i.e. "spin"). Fox accuses them of that, and sometimes rightly so. Fox also practices that on a regular basis by ignoring stories that other outlets push. In fact, they all do that.

But if you want to sit here and tell me that CNN publishes information as fact that they know is false... well I think you're like a crazy person who doesn't understand how the world works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CNN has often been the subject of allegations of party bias. In research conducted by the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University and the Project for Excellence in Journalism, the authors found disparate treatment by the three major cable networks of Republican and Democratic candidates during the earliest five months of presidential primaries in 2007: "The CNN programming studied tended to cast a negative light on Republican candidates – by a margin of three-to-one. Four-in-ten stories (41%) were clearly negative while just 14% were positive and 46% were neutral. The network provided negative coverage of all three main candidates with McCain faring the worst (63% negative) and Romney faring a little better than the others only because a majority of his coverage was neutral. With the exception of Obama, Democrats tended not to fare well either. Nearly half of the Illinois Senator’s stories were positive (46%), vs. just 8% that were negative, but both Clinton and Edwards ended up with more negative than positive coverage overall. While Democrats on average tended to have more positive coverage, the trend was skewed by particularly positive coverage of Obama."[1]

Accuracy in Media and Media Research Center (MRC) have claimed that CNN's reporting contains liberal editorializing within news stories as well as omission of important facts.[citation needed] Former Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, and MRC founder Brent Bozell, among others, have referred to CNN as the "Clinton News Network".[2] DeLay has also called it the "Communist News Network".[3] In its early days, CNN was sometimes referred to as "Chicken Noodle News".[4] In September 2009, a Pew Research Poll showed that Democrats were much more likely than Republicans to rate the network favorably, and Republicans were much more likely than Democrats to see CNN unfavorably.[5]
On June 26, 2017, three network investigative journalists; Thomas Frank, Eric Lichtblau, and Lex Haris, resigned from CNN over a false story, later retracted, that connected Anthony Scaramucci to a $10 billion Russian investment fund. The network apologized to Scaramucci and stated that the online story did not meet their editorial standards.[26]

On November 6, 2017, CNN ran a story entitled "Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does." [27] The story included only a partial quote from President Trump stating that he would like Japan (more) to make cars in America. However, CNN originally omitted the remainder of his statement congratulating two Japanese automakers for investing more money in the US to build another factory. The Washington Post took notice and criticized the report.[28] The Post called the headline "snarky," and told the network, and others, to stop "cherry-picking the quote." CNN later changed the quote and the headline, issuing the following correction: "The original version of this article and its headline did not make clear that President Trump had praised Japanese automakers for expanding existing U.S. facilities and for making new investments in the U.S. The article and headline have been updated." [29]

The Washington Post again fact-checked a CNN report regarding Trump on December 8, 2017: CNN ran a story that claimed two sources told the network that the Trump campaign received an email that gave Trump and his son Don Jr early access to Wikileaks documents on September 4, 2016. CNN had not obtained the supposed September 4th email. The sender was "Michael J. Erickson", who CNN was not able to contact. The Washington Post, however, did obtain the email, which showed that the email was actually sent on the day after the hacked documents were released by WikiLeaks--September 14, 2016.[30] CNN issued a correction their story.

In October 2016, WikiLeaks published emails from John Podesta which showed CNN contributor Donna Brazile passing the questions for a CNN-sponsored debate to the Clinton campaign.[13] In the email, Brazile discussed her concern of Clinton's ability to field a question regarding the death penalty. The following day Clinton would receive the question about the death penalty, verbatim from an audience member at the CNN-hosted Town Hall event.[14] According to a CNNMoney investigation, the debate moderator Roland Martin of TV One "did not deny sharing information with Brazile."[15] CNN severed ties with Brazile on October 14, 2016.[16][17]

Wikileaks emails[edit]
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo said on a live coverage of the 2016 elections that downloading the Podesta emails from the Wikileaks website was illegal, and that only the media could legally do so. The statement drew criticism to the network for being false

Semi-automatic weapons[edit]
CNN apologized for a May 15, 2003, story in which CNN's John Zarella and Broward County, Florida Sheriff Ken Jenne demonstrated the rapid firing of fully automatic firearms while covering the federal Assault Weapons Ban, due to expire the following year. The Assault Weapons Ban was concerned solely with semi-automatic firearms, not fully automatic ones, which had already been restricted by the National Firearms Act of 1934, and the subsequent 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act.[10][11]

Operation Tailwind[edit]
In 1998, CNN, in partnership with sister Time magazine, ran a report that Operation Tailwind in 1970 in Vietnam involved the use of Sarin gas to kill a group of defectors from the United States military. The Pentagon denied the story. Skeptics deemed it improbable that such an extraordinary and risky atrocity could have gone unnoticed at the height of the Vietnam War's unpopularity. CNN, after a two-week inquiry, issued a retraction.[43] The story's producers were summarily fired, and one of them has been highly critical of CNN's handling of the story, saying that the network bowed to pressure from high-ranking officials to kill the story.[44][45]

they did nail that two scoops of ice cream expose though...

tell me again how you have no idea how the world works... or how presidents never had to think of "far away places" in 1860...maybe candy can get you the transcripts... :roll:

while yer at it tell me about NBC and the doctored zimmerman 911 call...

to paraphrase, it's not that yer stupid its that you know so much that isn't so...which I guess is why you imagine that an estate tax could ( mostly) replace current income and other taxes... as if ANYONE would ever have ANYTHING even remotely resembling an estate that could be taxed when they died...yeah that don't sound like a crazy person who has no idea how the world works... :bang
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

It looks to me like in all of those examples CNN issued retractions or apologies... many of which after other media outlets called them out, JUST LIKE I SAID IN MY EARLIER POST.

Do you know of a news source that never gets anything wrong? I don't. To write off an entire media outlet, especially one so popular, prevalent, and well respected as CNN, is crazy person land. Did I say they were 100% correct all the time? Nope. Did I say everything they report is gospel truth? Far from it.

There's no such thing as an unbiased news source. If you only listen to one, or only the ones that support your particular view of the world, you're going to develop a biased world view (as you clearly have, MH). Best thing to do is listen to all sides and try to sort out the truth from fiction. The problem that many like you seem to have MH is that they get their news from their one or two trusted sources which are biased in a particular direction, and they ignore everything from any opposing viewpoint because ZOMG THEY ARE BIASED.

The result of the above is what I tried to make clear in my original post - we can't even agree on facts anymore. Any time someone reports a fact that you don't like, you just claim FAKE NEWS and ignore it. It seems like Trump could one day declare the sky to be green, and his supports would just line up to agree. Anyone who reports anything different would just be FAKE NEWS!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:It looks to me like in all of those examples CNN issued retractions or apologies... many of which after other media outlets called them out, JUST LIKE I SAID IN MY EARLIER POST.

Do you know of a news source that never gets anything wrong? I don't. To write off an entire media outlet, especially one so popular, prevalent, and well respected as CNN, is crazy person land. Did I say they were 100% correct all the time? Nope. Did I say everything they report is gospel truth? Far from it.

There's no such thing as an unbiased news source. If you only listen to one, or only the ones that support your particular view of the world, you're going to develop a biased world view (as you clearly have, MH). Best thing to do is listen to all sides and try to sort out the truth from fiction. The problem that many like you seem to have MH is that they get their news from their one or two trusted sources RCP and ZH post from HUNDREDS of news sources across the entire spectrum of political persuasion...th eproblem you have is that your " "facts" are rarely accepted because they are rarely if ever provable facts...whenever I read something I think is suspect the first thing I do is see if it's being reported by multiple news outlets...whenever I see something that starts of with, " the despicable no good racist trump" I know its OPINION and I ignore it...unfortunately you don't seem to be able to discern the difference...which are biased in a particular direction, and they ignore everything from any opposing viewpoint because ZOMG THEY ARE BIASED.

The result of the above is what I tried to make clear in my original post - we can't even agree on facts anymore. Any time someone reports a fact that you don't like, you just claim FAKE NEWS and ignore it. It seems like Trump could one day declare the sky to be green, and his supports would just line up to agree. Anyone who reports anything different would just be FAKE NEWS!
FACTS are easy to corroborate, fantasies are not...perhaps we don;t agree on what the definition of "fact" is...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

What the hell is RCP and ZH?
perhaps we don;t agree on what the definition of "fact" is...
Clearly we don't as evinced by our conversation in the other thread where you denied Trump's statement that he thought the Presidency would be easier than his previous life as a business mogul, when it turns out that is exactly what he said with his actual words.