Leftists frothing over Oprah 2020

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Leftists frothing over Oprah 2020

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote: ...when I was talking about Trump inheriting money or getting loans from his dad, my point was not, "omg that's unfair!" but rather the fact that Trump is not a self made man. He had an easy life because he had things handed to him. That speaks to his lack of experience and his qualifications, not to some kind of envy on my part. It's a logical not emotional argument.
So by that logic Mikaela Shiffrin lacks experience and qualifications because she had a lifetime of ski training handed to her. Her parents focused on and paid for her skiing from a very early age. And yet she seems to A) dominate the race course, and B) be well liked for her non accomplishment.

Yes Trump had advantages the rest of us didn't get. He also took those advantages and ran with it successfully, multiplying and growing his business. Compare that to Paris Hilton.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote:
Kpdemello wrote: But, again, this is politics in America (I guess everywhere, right?) and this is why you don't discuss politics in polite company. Sooner or later one person tells the other he is an imbecile.
You consider KZone "polite company"???? :lol:
Baby steps.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Mister Moose wrote:
Kpdemello wrote: ...when I was talking about Trump inheriting money or getting loans from his dad, my point was not, "omg that's unfair!" but rather the fact that Trump is not a self made man. He had an easy life because he had things handed to him. That speaks to his lack of experience and his qualifications, not to some kind of envy on my part. It's a logical not emotional argument.
So by that logic Mikaela Shiffrin lacks experience and qualifications because she had a lifetime of ski training handed to her. Her parents focused on and paid for her skiing from a very early age. And yet she seems to A) dominate the race course, and B) be well liked for her non accomplishment.

Yes Trump had advantages the rest of us didn't get. He also took those advantages and ran with it successfully, multiplying and growing his business. Compare that to Paris Hilton.
And how many people did Trump f over on his way to that success?

Do you consider him a businessman of great integrity?
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:So by that logic Mikaela Shiffrin lacks experience and qualifications because she had a lifetime of ski training handed to her. Her parents focused on and paid for her skiing from a very early age. And yet she seems to A) dominate the race course, and B) be well liked for her non accomplishment.

The difference is that Mikaela had training that she worked hard at to be a better skier, and win lots of championships.

Trump had money handed to him, did not have to work for it, and then went on to have a mediocre business career which consisted largely of him hiring people to do the hard work while he golfed.

These are apples and oranges. And I'm not sure what Paris Hilton has to do with it. She wouldn't make a great President either.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:Trump had money handed to him, did not have to work for it, and then went on to have a mediocre business career which consisted largely of him hiring people to do the hard work while he golfed.
I'm no Trump fan, but something makes me think he did a little more than just hire some folks to run his business while he golfed.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:Trump had money handed to him, did not have to work for it, and then went on to have a mediocre business career which consisted largely of him hiring people to do the hard work while he golfed.
I'm no Trump fan, but something makes me think he did a little more than just hire some folks to run his business while he golfed.
Maybe so, but the amount of effort he put in pales in comparison to someone like Bill Gates with Microsoft or Warren Buffet with Berkshire Hathaway. In any case, running a business you inherited from Daddy is not sufficient qualification, in my mind, for holding the office of President.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Maybe so, but the amount of effort he put in pales in comparison to someone like Bill Gates with Microsoft or Warren Buffet with Berkshire Hathaway. In any case, running a business you inherited from Daddy is not sufficient qualification, in my mind, for holding the office of President.
How do you know the amount of effort he put in or any other million/billionaire puts in?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Maybe so, but the amount of effort he put in pales in comparison to someone like Bill Gates with Microsoft or Warren Buffet with Berkshire Hathaway. In any case, running a business you inherited from Daddy is not sufficient qualification, yeah no envy there...no emotion either...in my mind, for holding the office of President.
How do you know the amount of effort he put in or any other million/billionaire puts in?
well it's not an emotional decision , he already said so.... :roll: :bang :bang :bang
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Based on what I read and see? Because I read books and articles? Bill Gates was hands on with Microsoft from the very beginning. He literally built the business. There's lots of data on that.

There's also lots of data, including several links to several sources that I put in an earlier post, to indicate that Trump got a lot of money from his dad, that his dad put him in charge of running his company which was already highly successful, and that any time Trump got into a jam he just hired the best lawyers, accountants, etc. to get him out of it. He had multiple bankruptcies, multiple huge business flops (trump university, trump steaks, etc). In all those situations, he didn't work his way out - he hired lawyers and accountants to sort out the damage. Then look at the kinds of things he did - Trump U, Trump steaks, real estate, none of it is building any real product. Most of it was Trump sticking his name on something and doing a big sell job. One thing you have to give Trump is that he's a good salesman, but I'm not sure he's much else.

Look, I'm not saying he did no work, or that he's a complete imbecile. But I don't think his experience being put in charge of daddy's company because he was lucky sperm is even close to that of someone who built a business on their own.

I also look at Trump's own words - he says he thought being President would be less work than running his business. I mean I think that is crazy. Anyone who has seen or read anything about U.S. government has to know that the President puts in ridiculous hours. How can you not know that is going to be a ton of work? Trump plays golf as President more than any other president in history. Yet, he said being president is more work than running his business empire, meaning he should theoretically have less time to play golf... I mean how do you not conclude that he spent lots of time in leisure before becoming President?

In addition to all that, he has literally no government experience. I don't think a person with no government experience should be running for President. Go be governor first, or a legislator. We don't need people ignorant of how government works trying to figure it out on the job when you're talking about the highest office in the land.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Based on what I read and see? Because I read books and articles? Bill Gates was hands on with Microsoft from the very beginning. He literally built the business.actually he got most of the initial stuff from xerox ...
Bill Gates said Monday that both companies really cribbed off industry pioneer Xerox, which developed the graphical interface. "The main 'copying' that went on relative to Steve and me is that we both benefited from the work that Xerox Parc did ...
There's lots of data on that.indeed there is...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft

In 1980, Microsoft formed a partnership with IBM to bundle Microsoft's operating system with IBM computers; with that deal, IBM paid Microsoft a royalty for every sale.
There's also lots of data, including several links to several sources that I put in an earlier post, to indicate that Trump got a lot of money from his dad, that his dad put him in charge of running his company which was already highly successful, and that any time Trump got into a jam he just hired the best lawyers, accountants, etc. to get him out of it. He had multiple bankruptcies, multiple huge business flops (trump university, trump steaks, etc). In all those situations, he didn't work his way out - he hired lawyers and accountants to sort out the damage. Then look at the kinds of things he did - Trump U, Trump steaks, real estate, none of it is building any real product. Most of it was Trump sticking his name on something and doing a big sell job. One thing you have to give Trump is that he's a good salesman, but I'm not sure he's much else.

Look, I'm not saying he did no work, or that he's a complete imbecile. But I don't think his experience being put in charge of daddy's company because he was lucky sperm is even close to that of someone who built a business on their own.

I also look at Trump's own words - he says he thought being President would be less work than running his business. I mean I think that is crazy. Anyone who has seen or read anything about U.S. government has to know that the President puts in ridiculous hours. How can you not know that is going to be a ton of work? Trump plays golf as President more than any other president in history. Yet, he said being president is more work than running his business empire, meaning he should theoretically have less time to play golf... I mean how do you not conclude that he spent lots of time in leisure before becoming President?you simply can't read and comprehend....hell ya don;t even have the slightest clue of what YOU post here...we're supposed to go with your interpretation of what trump said?

In addition to all that, he has literally no government experience. I don't think NAILED IT w THAT ONE...a person with no government experience should be running for President. Go be governor first, or a legislator. We don't need people ignorant of how government works trying to figure it out on the job when you're talking about the highest office in the land.
don't get much more real than REAL estate...even got the word REAL right in it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:don't get much more real than REAL estate...even got the word REAL right in it...
Obviously anyone with real estate experience has REAL experience because it has the word real in it...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
madhatter wrote:don't get much more real than REAL estate...even got the word REAL right in it...
Obviously anyone with real estate experience has REAL experience because it has the word real in it...
are you really this damn oblivious?
Then look at the kinds of things he did - Trump U, Trump steaks, real estate, none of it is building any real product.

dafvck do you think real estate is? imaginary? why do you suppose they call it real estate anyway? I'm not quite sure if you are dumb as a rock or just pretending to be, in which case you must be genius to come up w the consistently ridiculous crap you do all while denying you ever said it...

thus far no one here seems to be able to decipher whatever it is you think you are saying...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:dafvck do you think real estate is? imaginary? why do you suppose they call it real estate anyway?
Real estate is something, in Trump's case, you hire other people to build, manage, and market. It's exactly what I'm talking about when I say Trump hired people to do the heavy lifting while he went to play golf. For most investors, financing is the most difficult part of real estate. Trump never really had to worry about it because he got to use daddy's money, so everything else was fairly easy for him.

I actually think real estate is the one area where Trump did fairly well, but lets not pretend he built a real estate empire from the ground up. He had a huge head start and if you want to say that he has all this experience because he built a successful real estate empire, that experience is certainly diminished by the fact that he had a lot of advantages handed to him. Again, this goes to his qualifications and experience. It's not all that impressive to take a $200 million real estate company that you inherited from daddy and run it successfully. All that says is he didn't f*** it up. It's not really all that special of an accomplishment.
madhatter wrote:thus far no one here seems to be able to decipher whatever it is you think you are saying...
When you say "no one here" you really mean you, right?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
madhatter wrote:dafvck do you think real estate is? imaginary? why do you suppose they call it real estate anyway?
Real estate is something, in Trump's case, you hire other people to build, manage, and market. It's exactly what I'm talking about when I say Trump hired people to do the heavy lifting while he went to play golf. For most investors, financing is the most difficult part of real estate. Trump never really had to worry about it because he got to use daddy's money, so everything else was fairly easy for him.

I actually think real estate is the one area where Trump did fairly well, but lets not pretend he built a real estate empire from the ground up. He had a huge head start and if you want to say that he has all this experience because he built a successful real estate empire, that experience is certainly diminished by the fact that he had a lot of advantages handed to him. Again, this goes to his qualifications and experience. It's not all that impressive to take a $200 million real estate company that you inherited from daddy and run it successfully. All that says is he didn't f*** it up. It's not really all that special of an accomplishment.
madhatter wrote:thus far no one here seems to be able to decipher whatever it is you think you are saying...
When you say "no one here" you really mean you, right?
mostly I; mean YOU actually, however the fact that you keep saying" I never said that" " I'm not sure where you get that from " etc to everyone who responds to you it s/b obvious no one has any idea what it is that you think you are saying...

cuz zo far you've said

tax the rich/wealthy exponentially more, take half when they die, who cares about the rich unless you are rich, etc etc

yet you insist you never said any of that...

I'll agree the sum of what you said amounts to absolutely nothing but you sure took a long roundabout way to get there...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

MH, you might want to look in to this:
Attachments
HcZ_R1dAbUEC.jpg
HcZ_R1dAbUEC.jpg (26.08 KiB) Viewed 476 times