Leftists frothing over Oprah 2020

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Leftists frothing over Oprah 2020

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:giant pile of unsubstantiated irrelevant bullsh!t...
those same polls virtually guaranteed you a free dinner at red clover... :banana: :banana: :banana:

jax led for most of the game yesterday, but the metric by which it is decided didn't work out in their favor, same w everything you just posted...

no one cares that every braindead "do what they told ya liberal" hates trump, that's just serendipity...or that the same group of idiots that think science proves anthropogenic global warming Imagines there are an infinite number of genders...you can believe whatever ya want, ya know like Hillary in a landslide...

difference between obama " recovery" and trump market? QE...well that and the reid pelosi barney frank collapse that immediately preceded that QE TARP etc...hooray for obama, got us a few pts above where we were in 2005ish...granted the trump effect on the market isn't any more concrete than the QE govt cheerleading fed prop job of the last admin...There's still no "there" there... ut for right now at least investors aren't worried that the out of power politics of envy crowd is going to try to get their ever expanding rightful "fair share"...

when you start every thought with left is right and right is wrong, and end it with gump gump gump, who's really listening? and even further who are you trying to reach? left wing sycophants will fall in line regardless and though they are always front and center informing us of our worst nightmares, they don't nearly exist in numbers great enough to affect the electoral college...negating whatever it is you were attempting to say in regards to trump...he WON...

right now we all get to enjoy the schumer shutdown... :cool

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:Ideas don't get funding in real estate (or any business). Equity, repayment ability and track record gets you funding. You can actually shorten that to repayment ability. Banks want to get paid back, plus fees, plus interest. Do that a few times and you have bankers at your doorstep.
Ha. You make it sound so easy and simple. Have you ever actually done any real estate development? I'm guessing no. Did you read what I wrote? In it I specifically discuss the need for collateral, equity, and track record. It makes me think you just skimmed it without really reading (I don't blame you, it was overly long). I certainly never said that ideas get you funding - in fact I said the opposite in the very phrase you highlight, that just having a good idea does not get you funding.

As to the Shiffrin comparison, again, it is apples and oranges, but I said my piece about that above and don't feel the need to repeat it here.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Kpdemello wrote:I'm going to call it - I think Trump will win over this showdown. During the past government shutdowns, public opinion has almost always gravitated toward the President and away from Congress, especially when Congress uses the overall budget as a bargaining chip for an unrelated legislative agenda (in this case immigration). It's a misstep by the democrats in my opinion.
And it's over, the Dems caved. Smart move. Trump is already politically unpopular and a shutdown was probably going to help him more than hurt him.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:Ideas don't get funding in real estate (or any business). Equity, repayment ability and track record gets you funding. You can actually shorten that to repayment ability. Banks want to get paid back, plus fees, plus interest. Do that a few times and you have bankers at your doorstep.
Ha. You make it sound so easy and simple. It is that simple. Have you ever actually done any real estate development? I'm guessing no. Wrong again. Did you read what I wrote? In it I specifically discuss the need for collateral, equity, and track record. It makes me think you just skimmed it without really reading (I don't blame you, it was overly long). I certainly never said that ideas get you funding - in fact I said the opposite in the very phrase you highlight, that just having a good idea does not get you funding.
Kpdemello wrote: For most investors, financing is the most difficult part of real estate.
Kpdemello wrote:So yes, it's difficult, really difficult to get funding, even if you have a good idea for a project. It's why most big time real estate investors typically start out very wealthy.
Yes you said equity and track record is needed. Then you go on to say getting financing is hard, and big time investors are wealthy. What you don't say or acknowledge is that you have to build in your sandbox. It absolutely doesn't matter if the guy across the street has a sandbox 10 times yours, and he can build far more in his sandbox. You only have your sandbox, and you need to scale your projects appropriately. If you do, financing isn't so hard. Since you don't seem to grasp that, and you focus on "big time investors" (not the same as developers, BTW), you don't sound realistic.

Ideas are cheap. Either go get a patent or an option, (Which is a form of equity, no?) or have the capital necessary.

Banks want to lend you money, if you qualify. It's how they make money. To say it is hard seems to me to be unaware of that, and what you qualify for.
Kpdemello wrote:As to the Shiffrin comparison, again, it is apples and oranges, but I said my piece about that above and don't feel the need to repeat it here.
OK. lets revisit that. I missed your first answer:
Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:So by that logic Mikaela Shiffrin lacks experience and qualifications because she had a lifetime of ski training handed to her. Her parents focused on and paid for her skiing from a very early age. And yet she seems to A) dominate the race course, and B) be well liked for her non accomplishment.

Yes Trump had advantages the rest of us didn't get. He also took those advantages and ran with it successfully, multiplying and growing his business.
The difference is that Mikaela had training that she worked hard at to be a better skier, and win lots of championships.

Trump had money handed to him, did not have to work for it, and then went on to have a mediocre business career which consisted largely of him hiring people to do the hard work while he golfed.
You're not consistent. Mikaela had money handed to her (Just like Trump) in endless training, events, equipment and trips around the world to train in the summer. The expense of the pre World Cup circuit is very high, and many can't afford to provide that for their kids. Trump worked and learned at his fathers business and then branched out to Manhattan. There is not that much difference other than the number of zeroes. You keep saying Trump didn't work and hired it all out - what are you basing this on?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:
Ha. You make it sound so easy and simple. It is that simple. Have you ever actually done any real estate development? I'm guessing no. Wrong again. Did you read what I wrote? In it I specifically discuss the need for collateral, equity, and track record. It makes me think you just skimmed it without really reading (I don't blame you, it was overly long). I certainly never said that ideas get you funding - in fact I said the opposite in the very phrase you highlight, that just having a good idea does not get you funding.
Kpdemello wrote: For most investors, financing is the most difficult part of real estate.
Kpdemello wrote:So yes, it's difficult, really difficult to get funding, even if you have a good idea for a project. It's why most big time real estate investors typically start out very wealthy.
Yes you said equity and track record is needed. Then you go on to say getting financing is hard, and big time investors are wealthy. What you don't say or acknowledge is that you have to build in your sandbox. It absolutely doesn't matter if the guy across the street has a sandbox 10 times yours, and he can build far more in his sandbox. You only have your sandbox, and you need to scale your projects appropriately. If you do, financing isn't so hard. Since you don't seem to grasp that, and you focus on "big time investors" (not the same as developers, BTW), you don't sound realistic.

Ideas are cheap. Either go get a patent or an option, (Which is a form of equity, no?) or have the capital necessary.

Banks want to lend you money, if you qualify. It's how they make money. To say it is hard seems to me to be unaware of that, and what you qualify for.
Kpdemello wrote:As to the Shiffrin comparison, again, it is apples and oranges, but I said my piece about that above and don't feel the need to repeat it here.
OK. lets revisit that. I missed your first answer:
Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:So by that logic Mikaela Shiffrin lacks experience and qualifications because she had a lifetime of ski training handed to her. Her parents focused on and paid for her skiing from a very early age. And yet she seems to A) dominate the race course, and B) be well liked for her non accomplishment.

Yes Trump had advantages the rest of us didn't get. He also took those advantages and ran with it successfully, multiplying and growing his business.
The difference is that Mikaela had training that she worked hard at to be a better skier, and win lots of championships.

Trump had money handed to him, did not have to work for it, and then went on to have a mediocre business career which consisted largely of him hiring people to do the hard work while he golfed.
You're not consistent. Mikaela had money handed to her (Just like Trump) in endless training, events, equipment and trips around the world to train in the summer. The expense of the pre World Cup circuit is very high, and many can't afford to provide that for their kids. Trump worked and learned at his fathers business and then branched out to Manhattan. There is not that much difference other than the number of zeroes. You keep saying Trump didn't work and hired it all out - what are you basing this on?
Kpdemello wrote:I'm not sure I ever said anything about sandboxes...I'm talking about real development of actual building...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:Yes you said equity and track record is needed. Then you go on to say getting financing is hard, and big time investors are wealthy. What you don't say or acknowledge is that you have to build in your sandbox. It absolutely doesn't matter if the guy across the street has a sandbox 10 times yours, and he can build far more in his sandbox. You only have your sandbox, and you need to scale your projects appropriately. If you do, financing isn't so hard. Since you don't seem to grasp that, and you focus on "big time investors" (not the same as developers, BTW), you don't sound realistic.

Agreed on all counts. I mean maybe the disagreement here is what you consider easy vs hard. You have to build a track record, build in your sandbox, build equity over time, etc. Thing is, Trump didn't have to do any of what we've been talking about. His Father made him President of an already highly successful real estate company at a young age, and he used his father's company's track record, equity, etc. In that context, his real estate career really isn't that impressive, especially when you consider the high number of massive train wreck failures he's had.
Mister Moose wrote:You're not consistent. Mikaela had money handed to her (Just like Trump) in endless training, events, equipment and trips around the world to train in the summer. The expense of the pre World Cup circuit is very high, and many can't afford to provide that for their kids. Trump worked and learned at his fathers business and then branched out to Manhattan. There is not that much difference other than the number of zeroes. You keep saying Trump didn't work and hired it all out - what are you basing this on?
Please. First off, Mikaela has achieved a lot more in her field (skiing) than Trump has in his (real estate). Second, Mikaela had to work a lot harder than Trump did to achieve what she has. No amount of money can buy you a world cup win. On the other hand, Trump was handed a lot of what he has in terms of wealth, and to go from where he started in business to where he is now in business was really not much of an accomplishment.

But this is a nonsense comparison. Mikaela isn't running for president and nothing about her background is anything like Trump's. If you want a fair comparison, compare Trump's track record to that of his business peers. When you do that, you see just how mediocre his career really was.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote: [Trump's] Father made him President of an already highly successful real estate company at a young age, and he used his father's company's track record, equity, etc. In that context, his real estate career really isn't that impressive, especially when you consider the high number of massive train wreck failures he's had.
Pick a "massive train wreck failure" and tell me how much Trump lost.

Trump's estimated net worth is 3 billion. His father died in 99, and he left somewhere around 200 million with many other family members.

All you can do is guess, but those guesses still end up at a respectable growth rate. Did he set the record for most wealth or highest growth rate? No, but that does not diminish his success, and I bet I'll take his economic policy ideas over any lawyer or legislator's.

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:You're not consistent. Mikaela had money handed to her (Just like Trump) in endless training, events, equipment and trips around the world to train in the summer. The expense of the pre World Cup circuit is very high, and many can't afford to provide that for their kids. Trump worked and learned at his fathers business and then branched out to Manhattan. There is not that much difference other than the number of zeroes. You keep saying Trump didn't work and hired it all out - what are you basing this on?
Please. First off, Mikaela has achieved a lot more in her field (skiing) than Trump has in his (real estate). Second, Mikaela had to work a lot harder than Trump did to achieve what she has. No amount of money can buy you a world cup win.
Oh? How many World Cups can you win with no backing?

My point is that BOTH had significant, large help getting where they are. Neither one is a Steve Jobs or the Wright Brothers.
Kpdemello wrote:On the other hand, Trump was handed a lot of what he has in terms of wealth, and to go from where he started in business to where he is now in business was really not much of an accomplishment.
Once you struggle in business you appreciate the difficulty of success. Sometimes it's luck. But for you to say "not much of an accomplishment" says to me you don't have much perspective. That you are operating from a viewpoint of tabloid media, envy and wealth prejudice. Golf, cigars and Daddy bucks. (Notice I am not exalting Trump, as I've said repeatedly he has a considerable list of warts.) Google is full of people that got money and lost it. Just holding on to it is an accomplishment for most.
Kpdemello wrote:But this is a nonsense comparison. Mikaela isn't running for president and nothing about her background is anything like Trump's.
Stating the obvious, and missing the part of the comparison that is relevant.
Kpdemello wrote: If you want a fair comparison, compare Trump's track record to that of his business peers. When you do that, you see just how mediocre his career really was.
You wouldn't take a hit of that kind of mediocre? (Note that people like Gates are NOT Trump's business peers.)
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:Trump's estimated net worth is 3 billion. His father died in 99, and he left somewhere around 200 million with many other family members.

All you can do is guess, but those guesses still end up at a respectable growth rate. Did he set the record for most wealth or highest growth rate? No, but that does not diminish his success, and I bet I'll take his economic policy ideas over any lawyer or legislator's.
All any of us can do is guess because the guy wouldn't release his tax returns like every other President since tax returns have been a thing. In fact, no one is even really sure of his net worth.

As to his economic policy ideas, I will judge them on their merits not on Trump's background.
Mister Moose wrote:Once you struggle in business you appreciate the difficulty of success. Sometimes it's luck. But for you to say "not much of an accomplishment" says to me you don't have much perspective. That you are operating from a viewpoint of tabloid media, envy and wealth prejudice. Golf, cigars and Daddy bucks. (Notice I am not exalting Trump, as I've said repeatedly he has a considerable list of warts.) Google is full of people that got money and lost it. Just holding on to it is an accomplishment for most.
Opinions are like assholes... mine is that Trump is a very unimpressive person. You disagree. Oh well, but I'm not about to insult you over it.
Mister Moose wrote:(Note that people like Gates are NOT Trump's business peers.)
Why not? He insists that he is a highly successful businessman who built a multi-billion dollar company. So is Gates. Why is Gates not a peer we can judge him against? Gates started with less and built more. If not Gates, then who would you consider his business peers?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:(Note that people like Gates are NOT Trump's business peers.)
Why not? He insists that he is a highly successful businessman who built a multi-billion dollar company. So is Gates. Why is Gates not a peer we can judge him against? Gates started with less and built more. If not Gates, then who would you consider his business peers?
Sorry, ignore my questions, I'll ignore yours.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

I'm cool with that.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell