It's time for Google to Die.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: It's time for Google to Die.

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
So in conclusion, it seems Google doesn't vigorously collect 'all sorts of private information on their customers' and then sells the info to third parties. Unless you feel search terms and an IP address falls under 'vigorous collection of private information'. Further, it seems like Google is not snooping on unsuspecting Gmail users, as you previously alluded.
That's your conclusion. Google has been found guilty of collecting personal data they were not entitled to. Google has been found guilty of providing customer data to third parties without permission.

Gmail will no longer snoop on your emails for advertising purposes

If you're just learning that Gmail scans your messages, this is an issue that dates back for years. Google's automated systems routinely scanned Gmail users' incoming and outgoing emails to help refine the company's massive data-gathering operation, which in turn supported its enormous targeted-advertising business.

The history of Google's email scanning has been a checkered one. Privacy groups and activists have filed lawsuits against the company over the practice, which they allege collected user information without those users' informed consent. In 2014, Google suspended email scanning for its educational customers in the wake of one such case, a policy that gradually expanded to cover all of Google's enterprise customers. In the case, nine plaintiffs — including two Google Apps for Education customers — said Gmail's scanning practices violated California wiretapping laws, and also reflected broader concerns that student data should not be used for commercial purposes, according to Education Week.

In December, Google tentatively agreed to hold off on scanning incoming mail until after the messages were available in a Gmail user's inbox, which it argued would help resolve concerns about Google violating state wiretapping laws. That proposal was part of a settlement negotiation that was still ongoing as of March, when a federal judge rejected the proposed settlement in a case involving California privacy law, Matera v. Google. That case is significant because it concerns how Gmail treats emails coming in from other providers, such as Yahoo or Microsoft, whose own customers allegedly have not consented to the Gmail scanning.

Strike Three
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
So in conclusion, it seems Google doesn't vigorously collect 'all sorts of private information on their customers' and then sells the info to third parties. Unless you feel search terms and an IP address falls under 'vigorous collection of private information'. Further, it seems like Google is not snooping on unsuspecting Gmail users, as you previously alluded.
That's your conclusion. Google has been found guilty of collecting personal data they were not entitled to. Google has been found guilty of providing customer data to third parties without permission.

If you're just learning that Gmail scans your messages, this is an issue that dates back for years. Google's automated systems routinely scanned Gmail users' incoming and outgoing emails to help refine the company's massive data-gathering operation, which in turn supported its enormous targeted-advertising business.

The history of Google's email scanning has been a checkered one. Privacy groups and activists have filed lawsuits against the company over the practice, which they allege collected user information without those users' informed consent. In 2014, Google suspended email scanning for its educational customers in the wake of one such case, a policy that gradually expanded to cover all of Google's enterprise customers. In the case, nine plaintiffs — including two Google Apps for Education customers — said Gmail's scanning practices violated California wiretapping laws, and also reflected broader concerns that student data should not be used for commercial purposes, according to Education Week.

In December, Google tentatively agreed to hold off on scanning incoming mail until after the messages were available in a Gmail user's inbox, which it argued would help resolve concerns about Google violating state wiretapping laws. That proposal was part of a settlement negotiation that was still ongoing as of March, when a federal judge rejected the proposed settlement in a case involving California privacy law, Matera v. Google. That case is significant because it concerns how Gmail treats emails coming in from other providers, such as Yahoo or Microsoft, whose own customers allegedly have not consented to the Gmail scanning.

Strike Three
you must be livid over the obama administrations abuse of FISA warrants... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

From the article:
Google is making a change to its advertising practices that will affect millions of Gmail users around the globe. Starting later this year, the company will stop reading your emails to refine its ads.
The author is stretching like you are. Algorithms scanning text for more accurate advertising placement is not snooping. It's also not evidence the 'company is reading your emails'. You asserted google is snooping on customer's e-mails, which implies someone is looking around in an attempt to find out something. I would argue an algorithm isn't doing this, unless Google built it to find certain terms and relay the information to executives, NSA, etc. Are they doing this?
Coydog wrote:...

i]Strike Three[/i]
I am not making the case that Google remains the 'don't be evil' company - they most certainly are not that company anymore. I'm also not asserting they consistently abide by local, state, federal, and international privacy laws. I am, however, asserting Google is not reading customers e-mail.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:you must be livid over the obama administrations abuse of FISA warrants... :roll:
I have lots of problems with the NSA, but still looking for a shred of evidence supporting Gump's claim that Obama ordered wiretapping of the Fake President Tower. I'm sure something will turn up on Faux News any moment now.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:you must be livid over the obama administrations abuse of FISA warrants... :roll:
I have lots of problems with the NSA, but still looking for a shred of evidence supporting Gump's claim that Obama ordered wiretapping of the Fake President Tower. wonder how they got that flynn stuff?I'm sure something will turn up on Faux News any moment now.
no just evidence that they used FISA warrants as an end around to surveille their targets foreign contacts, then unmask their true target and leak to the press etc...that you pretend it's not even a possibility is hillaryous...and ain't you supposed to be skiing today? get out there...I'm headed to the pico race shortly...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Yesterday was Easter, obviously Google would not observe it on their home page because they hate Christians and Jesus Christ.

Funny how someone could dismiss this blog poster as a crank 10 years ago, but now it's just reality.

https://stuckinmiddle.wordpress.com/200 ... istianity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Of course, on February 19th 2018, Google also didn't observe the toxic white masculinity of President's Day. :violin

http://www.google.com/doodles/doodle-snow-games-day-11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Of course, it's VERY important for them to observe MLK day on Jan 15th 2018.......

http://www.google.com/doodles/martin-lu ... r-day-2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Of course, Google can't directly observe Christmas on Dec 25th, 2017....

http://www.google.com/doodles/holidays-2017-day-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

You’re an idiot
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

What is Cultural Marxism?

William S. Lind

In his columns on the next conservatism, Paul Weyrich has several times referred to “cultural Marxism.” He asked me, as Free Congress Foundation’s resident historian, to write this column explaining what cultural Marxism is and where it came from. In order to understand what something is, you have to know its history.

Cultural Marxism is a branch of western Marxism, different from the Marxism-Leninism of the old Soviet Union. It is commonly known as “multiculturalism” or, less formally, Political Correctness. From its beginning, the promoters of cultural Marxism have known they could be more effective if they concealed the Marxist nature of their work, hence the use of terms such as “multiculturalism.”

Cultural Marxism began not in the 1960s but in 1919, immediately after World War I. Marxist theory had predicted that in the event of a big European war, the working class all over Europe would rise up to overthrow capitalism and create communism. But when war came in 1914, that did not happen. When it finally did happen in Russia in 1917, workers in other European countries did not support it. What had gone wrong?

Independently, two Marxist theorists, Antonio Gramsci in Italy and Georg Lukacs in Hungary, came to the same answer: Western culture and the Christian religion had so blinded the working class to its true, Marxist class interest that Communism was impossible in the West until both could be destroyed. In 1919, Lukacs asked, “Who will save us from Western civilization?” That same year, when he became Deputy Commissar for Culture in the short-lived Bolshevik Bela Kun government in Hungary, one of Lukacs’s first acts was to introduce sex education into Hungary’s public schools. He knew that if he could destroy the West’s traditional sexual morals, he would have taken a giant step toward destroying Western culture itself.

In 1923, inspired in part by Lukacs, a group of German Marxists established a think tank at Frankfurt University in Germany called the Institute for Social Research. This institute, soon known simply as the Frankfurt School, would become the creator of cultural Marxism.

To translate Marxism from economic into cultural terms, the members of the Frankfurt School - - Max Horkheimer, Theodor Adorno, Wilhelm Reich, Eric Fromm and Herbert Marcuse, to name the most important - - had to contradict Marx on several points. They argued that culture was not just part of what Marx had called society’s “superstructure,” but an independent and very important variable. They also said that the working class would not lead a Marxist revolution, because it was becoming part of the middle class, the hated bourgeoisie.

Who would? In the 1950s, Marcuse answered the question: a coalition of blacks, students, feminist women and homosexuals.

Fatefully for America, when Hitler came to power in Germany in 1933, the Frankfurt School fled - - and reestablished itself in New York City. There, it shifted its focus from destroying traditional Western culture in Germany to destroying it in the United States. To do so, it invented “Critical Theory.” What is the theory? To criticize every traditional institution, starting with the family, brutally and unremittingly, in order to bring them down. It wrote a series of “studies in prejudice,” which said that anyone who believes in traditional Western culture is prejudiced, a “racist” or “sexist” of “fascist” - - and is also mentally ill.

Most importantly, the Frankfurt School crossed Marx with Freud, taking from psychology the technique of psychological conditioning. Today, when the cultural Marxists want to do something like “normalize” homosexuality, they do not argue the point philosophically. They just beam television show after television show into every American home where the only normal-seeming white male is a homosexual (the Frankfurt School’s key people spent the war years in Hollywood).

After World War II ended, most members of the Frankfurt School went back to Germany. But Herbert Marcuse stayed in America. He took the highly abstract works of other Frankfurt School members and repackaged them in ways college students could read and understand. In his book “Eros and Civilization,” he argued that by freeing sex from any restraints, we could elevate the pleasure principle over the reality principle and create a society with no work, only play (Marcuse coined the phrase, “Make love, not war”). Marcuse also argued for what he called “liberating tolerance,” which he defined as tolerance for all ideas coming from the Left and intolerance for any ideas coming from the Right. In the 1960s, Marcuse became the chief “guru” of the New Left, and he injected the cultural Marxism of the Frankfurt School into the baby boom generation, to the point where it is now America’s state ideology.

The next conservatism should unmask multiculturalism and Political Correctness and tell the American people what they really are: cultural Marxism. Its goal remains what Lukacs and Gramsci set in 1919: destroying Western culture and the Christian religion. It has already made vast strides toward that goal. But if the average American found out that Political Correctness is a form of Marxism, different from the Marxism of the Soviet Union but Marxism nonetheless, it would be in trouble. The next conservatism needs to reveal the man behind the curtain - - old Karl Marx himself.

(The Free Congress Foundation’s website, http://www.freecongress.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, includes a short book on the history and nature of cultural Marxism, edited by William S. Lind. It is formatted so you can print it out as a book and share it with your family and friends.)

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

You keep going down that conspiracy rabbit hole buddy. It certainly brings some great laughs.

Cultural Marxism generally refers to one of two things:

First — extremely rarely — "Cultural Marxism" refers to an obscure critique of popular culture by the Frankfurt School, framing culture as being imposed by a capitalist culture industry and consumed passively by the masses.
Second — in common usage in the wild — "Cultural Marxism" is a snarl word used to paint anyone with progressive tendencies as a secret Communist. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers have infiltrated media, academia, and science and are engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture. Some variants of the conspiracy alleges that basically all of modern social liberalism is, in fact, a Communist front group.
This conspiracy theory hinges on the idea that the Frankfurt School wasn't just an arcane strain of academic criticism.[note 1] Instead, the Frankfurt School was behind an ongoing Marxist plot to destroy the capitalist West from within, spreading its tentacles throughout academia and indoctrinating students to hate patriotism & freedom. Thus, rock'n'roll, Sixties counterculture, the civil rights movement, the anti-war movement, homosexuality,[1] modern feminism, and in general all the "decay" in the West since the 1950s are allegedly products of the Frankfurt school.[2] It's also the work of the Jews.[3][4]

The conspiracist usage originated in Nazi Germany, where Kulturbolschewismus ("Cultural Bolshevism") was used to abuse political opponents. In particular, Jews purportedly were secretly orchestrating the spread of Communism (Jewish BolshevismWikipedia's W.svg) as well as promoting sexual & gender permissiveness ("sexual Bolshevism").[5]

If anyone rants about "Cultural Marxists taking over culture!", feel free to remind them that they're literally spouting Nazi propaganda updated for the modern era.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:You keep going down that conspiracy rabbit hole buddy. It certainly brings some great laughs.

Cultural Marxism generally refers to one of two things:

First — extremely rarely — "Cultural Marxism" refers to an obscure critique of popular culture by the Frankfurt School, framing culture as being imposed by a capitalist culture industry and consumed passively by the masses.
Second — in common usage in the wild — "Cultural Marxism" is a snarl word used to paint anyone with progressive tendencies as a secret Communist. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers have infiltrated media, academia, and science and are engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture. Some variants of the conspiracy alleges that basically all of modern social liberalism is, in fact, a Communist front group.
This conspiracy theory hinges on the idea that the Frankfurt School wasn't just an arcane strain of academic criticism.[note 1] Instead, the Frankfurt School was behind an ongoing Marxist plot to destroy the capitalist West from within, spreading its tentacles throughout academia and indoctrinating students to hate patriotism & freedom. Thus, rock'n'roll, Sixties counterculture, the civil rights movement, the anti-war movement, homosexuality,[1] modern feminism, and in general all the "decay" in the West since the 1950s are allegedly products of the Frankfurt school.[2] It's also the work of the Jews.[3][4]

The conspiracist usage originated in Nazi Germany, where Kulturbolschewismus ("Cultural Bolshevism") was used to abuse political opponents. In particular, Jews purportedly were secretly orchestrating the spread of Communism (Jewish BolshevismWikipedia's W.svg) as well as promoting sexual & gender permissiveness ("sexual Bolshevism").[5]

If anyone rants about "Cultural Marxists taking over culture!", feel free to remind them that they're literally spouting Nazi propaganda updated for the modern era.
Progressives don't call it "Cultural Marxism", but that's what they are doing. I'd appreciate it if they would go off and do it somewhere else besides western civilization, we'd be better off without them. They're doing a hell of a job eroding all the things that built the greatness of western civilization and culture.

Please, give this discussion some consideration:

Seems pretty real to me.

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Yes, be very very afraid Kevin

Progressive womens be coming to take yer jerbs

Progressive teenagers gonna take yer guns

Progressive men gonna make you kiss some boys

And progressive brown people gonna take yer Jesus

Evil Google going to fund it all!