Leftists angered by Trump's characterization of Haiti...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Leftists angered by Trump's characterization of Haiti...

Post by Highway Star »

....they will now move to Haiti to prove him wrong, just you watch. :violin
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Leftists angered by Trump's characterization of Haiti...

Post by Highway Star »

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Highway Star wrote:....they will now move to Haiti to prove him wrong, just you watch. :violin
:roll: It's crazy to me to paint with such a broad brush and assert an entire county, of 10M+, is a sh*t hole. Especially when it's done by the POTUS. Not to mention the role the US gov't had in Haiti's current situation ... like we have in so many other countries around the world that many forget or choose to overlook. Oh and then there's the earthquake.

The idea that you can't disagree with Trump unless you move to Haiti might be one of the stupidest things you've said.

I know you feel your knowledge is global, despite never straying far from VT, but who can blame you because you've got it good up there. Perhaps you consider working with an aid organization for a week in Haiti to give back to those less fortunate and see if your opinion of a nation changes? Seeing children that lost the birth lottery, were born into this mess, do not have a roof over their head, and who's parents would rather give their children to orphanages or up for adoption just so they'll survive is compelling. I'd guess being on the ground in Haiti is a little different than reading about Haiti on reddit or some conservative blog.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Yep, once again Our Great Leader is proven correct. We got plenty of those lazy brown people who demand government handouts. What we really need is upscale Master Race types who pay big bucks for our imaginary F-52 fighters. Just need to convince more Norwegians to immigrate to a country with a shithole president.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:....they will now move to Haiti to prove him wrong, just you watch. :violin
:roll: It's crazy to me to paint with such a broad brush and assert an entire county, of 10M+, is a sh*t hole. Especially when it's done by the POTUS. Not to mention the role the US gov't had in Haiti's current situation ... like we have in so many other countries around the world that many forget or choose to overlook. Oh and then there's the earthquake.

The idea that you can't disagree with Trump unless you move to Haiti might be one of the stupidest things you've said.

I know you feel your knowledge is global, despite never straying far from VT, but who can blame you because you've got it good up there. Perhaps you consider working with an aid organization for a week in Haiti to give back to those less fortunate and see if your opinion of a nation changes? Seeing children that lost the birth lottery, were born into this mess, do not have a roof over their head, and who's parents would rather give their children to orphanages or up for adoption just so they'll survive is compelling. I'd guess being on the ground in Haiti is a little different than reading about Haiti on reddit or some conservative blog.
Haiti is pretty high up on the very long list of places I'll never visit. For good reason.

Yeah, it's an impoverished country, and it sucks to be born into. It's also largely been a free country for 200+ years. It shares a island with the Dominican Republic, which largely has its act together. Why doesn't Haiti have it's act together....is it possible that it's not diverse enough?

I still say the liberals should move to Haiti. That would be great.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... isory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haiti Travel Advisory

Travel Advisory

January 10, 2018

Haiti – Level 3: Reconsider travel

Civil Unrest: Political, economic, religious and/or ethnic instability exists and may cause violence, major disruptions, and/or safety risks. U Crime: Widespread violent or organized crime is present in areas of the country. Local law enforcement may have limited ability to respond to serious crimes. C

Reconsider travel to Haiti due to crime and civil unrest.

Violent crime, such as armed robbery, is common. Local police may lack the resources to respond effectively to serious criminal incidents or emergencies. Protests, tire burning, and road blockages are frequent and often spontaneous.

The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in some areas of Haiti. U.S. Embassy personnel must receive permission from the Embassy security officer to travel to some areas of Port-au-Prince. Embassy employees are discouraged, and in some instances prohibited, from walking in city neighborhoods, including Pétion Ville. After dark, Embassy personnel are prohibited from visiting establishments without secure, on-site parking. Travel outside of Port-au-Prince is prohibited after dark. Embassy employees are under a curfew from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. The use of public banks and ATMs by Embassy employees is prohibited at all times. Embassy personnel are prohibited from using any kind of public transportation throughout the country.

Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Haiti:
•Avoid demonstrations.
•Arrange airport transfers and hotels in advance, or have your host meet you upon arrival.
•Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
•Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
•Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
•Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
•Review the Crime and Safety Report for Haiti.
•U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Progressives are right. The only solution is to bring all 10 million Haitians to the US. They can settle in Detroit and any other liberal controlled, under populated areas. I'm sure it will be fine.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote:Haiti is pretty high up on the very long list of places I'll never visit. For good reason.

Yeah, it's an impoverished country, and it sucks to be born into. It's also largely been a free country for 200+ years. It shares a island with the Dominican Republic, which largely has its act together. Why doesn't Haiti have it's act together....is it possible that it's not diverse enough?

Free country for 200+ years? May want to visit Haiti or, at a minimum, learn about the country you think is a sh*t hole? But hey, at least you prove my point ... don't leave your bubble!

Oh, forgetting the geographical differences of the two nations, the pervasive slave trade (as compared with their neighbor), and the diplomatic recognition fee they had to pay the French ... the USA occupied Haiti until 1934.
Highway Star wrote:
State Dept wrote:Haiti Travel Advisory

Progressives are right. The only solution is to bring all 10 million Haitians to the US. They can settle in Detroit and any other liberal controlled, under populated areas. I'm sure it will be fine.
Level 3? Are you aware, not too long ago, Paris and Brussels were rated Level 3? Have you ever been to a city when it's rated Level 3? Oh, right, don't leave your bubble!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Haiti is pretty high up on the very long list of places I'll never visit. For good reason.

Free country for 200+ years? May want to visit Haiti or, at a minimum, learn about the country you think is a sh*t hole? But hey, at least you prove my point ... don't leave your bubble!

Oh, forgetting the geographical differences of the two nations, the pervasive slave trade (as compared with their neighbor), and the diplomatic recognition fee they had to pay the French ... the USA occupied Haiti until 1934.
Highway Star wrote:
State Dept wrote:Haiti Travel Advisory

Level 3? Are you aware, not too long ago, Paris and Brussels were rated Level 3? Have you ever been to a city when it's rated Level 3? Oh, right, don't leave your bubble!
We occupied Haiti for about 20 years, a century ago, for very good reasons. :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... n_of_Haiti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

leftists are butthurt over nearly EVERYTHING especially if trump did it...newsflash we don't need more permanent dependents of the state here, we got plenty already....

laughing at CD's race comments...trying to sell the biggest pile of crap that you'd never buy yourself, like always...you know better and so do the rest of us...

we want and should have a merit based system here for immigration similar to canada and australia two countries the left constantly puts forth as exemplary yet still they never just move there...

what can yo do for our country? nothing? :seeya
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Highway Star wrote:Yeah, it's an impoverished country, and it sucks to be born into. It's also largely been a free country for 200+ years.
Highway Star wrote:We occupied Haiti for about 20 years, a century ago, for very good reasons. :roll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... n_of_Haiti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh, okay. Thanks for the history lesson.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Oh snap.....guess I was wrong.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »