SHUT IT DOWN!!!!! Trump will set a record.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

SHUT IT DOWN!!!!! Trump will set a record.

Post by Highway Star »

Just a fair warning to everyone. Trump loves playing chicken and doesn't give a DAMN about the federal government shutting down. He could let it shut down for 6 months, easily. As it drags on, furloughs will turn into permanent layoffs, and will cut the federal workforce by 30-50%.

Seriously.

Previous record is 21 days. :banana:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governmen ... ted_States" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: SHUT IT DOWN!!!!! Trump will set a record.

Post by Highway Star »

It's coming. Lookout.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/com ... crats_are/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/the-g ... -shutdown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So while the media might try to stir the pot in the beginning, highlighting the most extreme disruptions, after a week or two most Americans will tune it out when they see their lives go on as normal. If we’re lucky, they’ll take a moment and think, “maybe the government is at least one-fifth too big since I don’t even notice the one-fifth cut in spending.” That might even give President Trump and Republicans the political capital they need to push major entitlement reforms that are necessary but here-to-date politically unpopular.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Reddit... I thought you only frequented 4chan.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

the big deal here was the inability of the MSM to pin this on trump and the R's...

very big...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Gump MIA.

D's got 6 year CHIP like they wanted. No longer a bargaining "chip" for the R's. D's also got R's to publicly commit to DACA.

Feb 8 will be interesting.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Coydog wrote:Gump MIA.

D's got 6 year CHIP like they wanted. No longer a bargaining "chip" for the R's. D's also got R's to publicly commit to DACA.

It sure will be. Democrats are negotiating from a position of absolute weakness. Trump can literally win just by maintaining the status quo and properly enforcing the laws on the books. He will negotiate a soft landing for DACA recipients, but get the border wall and merit biased immigration.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hahahahah it was on the table last week when the D's refused to vote for it...you gotta stop watching CNN...D's got nothing out of the schumer shutdown except embarrassed...

https://www.medpagetoday.com/publicheal ... licy/70605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
House Passes Funding Bill with 6-Year CHIP Renewal
Senate expected to debate bill Friday
SAVE
SAVED
by Joyce Frieden, News Editor, and Shannon Firth, Washington Correspondent, MedPage Today
January 18, 2018
WASHINGTON -- The House passed a continuing resolution to prevent a government shutdown by a vote of 230-197 Thursday evening, a measure that included a 6-year reauthorization of the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

The vote on the bill, which will keep the government funded through Feb. 16th, was largely along party lines, with 224 Republicans voting for it and 186 Democrats voting against it. Six Democrats crossed over and voted for the bill, while 11 Republicans voted against it.

The measure then went to the Senate, which voted 97-2 to begin debate on the bill. Senators Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) were the only two senators opposing that step. The chamber did not gain the 60 votes needed to proceed to an immediate vote on the bill itself, so instead will reconvene Friday morning.

Because the bill deals with spending, it will require 60 Senate votes to pass.

Throughout the day, House members sparred about whether the bill, which also includes delays in implementation of two Affordable Care Act taxes, should pass. "Nobody I know is against CHIP, or delaying the Cadillac tax or delaying the medical device tax," said Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.). "There's nothing in here that could possibly be offensive to [Democrats]."
the schumer surrender...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:

hahahahah it was on the table last week when the D's refused to vote for it...you gotta stop watching CNN...D's got nothing out of the schumer shutdown except embarrassed...
Well good for those "compassionate conservatives" who refused to even consider CHIP when it expired back in September. Can't for the life of me figure out why those heartless Dems recently voted against it. Don't they realize that's off the bargaining table now?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Well good for those "compassionate conservatives" who refused to even consider CHIP when it expired back in September. Can't for the life of me figure out why those heartless Dems recently voted against it. Don't they realize that's off the bargaining table now?
ah the perpetually moving goal post...fortunately scores in that game aren't necessary to win...

next showdown:

California’s top law enforcement officer put businesses on notice that they face up to a $10,000 fine if they illegally share information about their employees with federal immigration officials.

Attorney General Xavier Becerra issued the warning Thursday at a news conference after the San Francisco Chronicle reported that federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials are preparing a major sweep in San Francisco and other Northern California cities in a strike against the sanctuary state. Officials hope to net about 1,500 undocumented immigrants, according to the report.
wonder how that's gonna work out?
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... gs-n955946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Lots of potential consequences to rally behind w/ this shutdown ... MAGA ... :roll:
38 million low-income Americans lose food stamps
6 million face an uncertain timetable for collecting tax refunds
2 million without rental assistance and facing possible eviction
800,000 paycheck-less federal employees plunged into dire financial straits
Shuttered parks and museums while overstressed airports cause tourism to tank
Federal court system slows to a crawl
Disaster relief money doesn't get to storm-ravaged areas
Lapsed FDA and EPA inspections lead to dangerous outbreaks
Private companies looking to go public are stuck in limbo
Stock market plummets
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Highway Star wrote:Just a fair warning to everyone. Trump loves playing chicken and doesn't give a DAMN about the federal government shutting down. He could let it shut down for 6 months, easily. As it drags on, furloughs will turn into permanent layoffs, and will cut the federal workforce by 30-50%.
Agreed, he doesn't give a damn, because he doesn't understand or appreciate the implications. Others do, and eventually his position will become untenable. I doubt Congress will fold. Why would they? Trump is being blamed for this, and they're 2 years away from re-election. This will be a distant memory by then. Congress has all the leverage, here.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

One of my tenants is federally subsidized.. guess who didn’t get a check January 1.

Hopefully it doesn’t last until next month, otherwise will start to be backed into corner..
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Kpdemello wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Just a fair warning to everyone. Trump loves playing chicken and doesn't give a DAMN about the federal government shutting down. He could let it shut down for 6 months, easily. As it drags on, furloughs will turn into permanent layoffs, and will cut the federal workforce by 30-50%.
Agreed, he doesn't give a damn, because he doesn't understand or appreciate the implications. Others do, and eventually his position will become untenable. I doubt Congress will fold. Why would they? Trump is being blamed for this, and they're 2 years away from re-election. This will be a distant memory by then. Congress has all the leverage, here.
Trump owns the downside and has ABSOLUTELY no fear of failure or adversity. The man has made billions of dollars, but more importantly has LOST BILLIONS OF DOLLARS and come back from it.

Do not get into a standoff with this man. :shock: