IMMIGRATION NEGOTIATION!!! THE ART OF THE DEAL WITH IT.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

IMMIGRATION NEGOTIATION!!! THE ART OF THE DEAL WITH IT.

Post by Highway Star »

People need to understand more fully what's going on with the cancellation of DACA, and how it will be used to negotiate for immigration reform as a whole. Democrats are negotiating from a position of absolute weakness. Trump can literally win just by maintaining the status quo and properly enforcing the laws on the books. He will negotiate a limited soft landing for DACA recipients, but get the border wall and merit biased immigration. The negotiation is going to be a bloodbath.

Some people claim there are about 12 million illegals in the US, but that number is arrived at with a very biased extrapolation. (just like global warming, huh)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_i ... ted_States" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The real figure is probably more like 20 to 30 million.

The DACA program has created detailed records of 800,000 illegal alien teens and adults (age 16 to 36) that are ripe for deportation once their legal status is revoked. The democrats would like to prevent this, give them legal status and possibly a path to citizenship, adding to their voter base (if they are not already voting illegally). I'm guessing about half to 3/4 of them will get to stay based on some sort of merit based criteria, in conjunction with a shift to merit based immigration overall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_ ... d_Arrivals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Dreamers" is just a euphemism for "illegal aliens under the age of 40", which is utterly ridiculous if you think about it. I'll bet there's actually well over 15 million illegals under 40 in the USA. They aren't going to get squat in any sort of negotiation, except for deportation. They've been trying and failing to pass the DREAM (aka nightmare) Act since 2001, and it's sure as hell is not going to happen now. The vast majority of these people will be deported.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... a-dreamers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the state of our border "barriers"......about 30% of the border is protected by "fences" that are really just glorified jungle-gyms. We most certainly need to build walls in most areas, which will most definitely slow down illegal crossings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2 ... es_barrier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In conjunction, we also need a severe crackdown on visa overstays:

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... Report.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In exchange for a majority of DACA recipients getting to keep legal status (after meeting some sort of new criteria), Trump will get robust funding for the border wall, various enhanced ICE/DHS enforcement, far more stringent employment enforcement, and merit based immigration along the lines of the RAISE act (co-sponsored by Republican senators Tom Cotton and David Perdue, who are deeply involved in current negotiations). This will definitely protect lower skilled workers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAISE_Act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dems are hosed on this one.
Last edited by Highway Star on Jan 23rd, '18, 13:01, edited 3 times in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: IMMIGRATION NEGOTIATION!!! THE ART OF THE DEAL WITH IT.

Post by Highway Star »

The left has its head so far its ass on this, they don't even see it coming.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/22/16919006/ ... l-shutdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Meanwhile

Fox News Poll: 83 percent support pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Poll: Nearly 9 in 10 want DACA recipients to stay in US

CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats

On its own, the DACA program remains broadly popular, with 84% saying they would like to see it continue, including 72% of Republicans, 82% of independents and a near-unanimous 96% of Democrats. Almost two-thirds (63%) say dealing with the program should be an extremely or very high priority for Congress, narrowly ahead of the 61% who say the same about passing a long-term funding bill to avoid future shutdowns.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:Meanwhile

Fox News Poll: 83 percent support pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Poll: Nearly 9 in 10 want DACA recipients to stay in US

CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats

On its own, the DACA program remains broadly popular, with 84% saying they would like to see it continue, including 72% of Republicans, 82% of independents and a near-unanimous 96% of Democrats. Almost two-thirds (63%) say dealing with the program should be an extremely or very high priority for Congress, narrowly ahead of the 61% who say the same about passing a long-term funding bill to avoid future shutdowns.
tell us more:

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

No Russian meddling when it comes to DACA (nor obstruction nor money laundering).
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:No Russian meddling when it comes to DACA (nor obstruction nor money laundering).
nope that's why the D's have no leverage....good point...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

How important is it that Congress pass immigration legislation that addresses so-called “Dreamers,” or undocumented immigrants who were illegally brought to the United States as children?

24th to 26th Sep 2017:

Extremely: 32%
Very: 30%
Somewhat: 22%
Not at all: 11%
Don’t know: 4%

I think it's extremely important that they pass legislation to deport the dreamers. See how that works?

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:No Russian meddling when it comes to DACA (nor obstruction nor money laundering).
Except for the "everybody wants it" part.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Except for the "everybody wants it" part.
yeah the same everybody that elected clinton president... :beat :beat :beat :zzz
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... tdown-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Desperate proponent of the #TrumpShutdown hashtag, Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer is coming under fire from his own party in the aftermath of a fight that shut down the government for three days and left Democrats with nothing to show for it.

liberal groups were enraged by that decision, arguing Schumer didn’t get enough to back down.

“It’s official: Chuck Schumer is the worst negotiator in Washington – even worse than Trump,” said Murshed Zaheed, political director at Credo, a progressive advocacy group.

“We went in with a very weak set of cards, with [25] people up for re-election,” said one Democratic senator, one of several lawmakers who requested anonymity to assess Schumer’s performance frankly.

Another Democratic senator said almost every local news channel he spoke to over the weekend began its interview with the same question, “Why did Democrats shut down the government?”

Frank Sharry, executive director of the liberal immigration advocacy organization, America's Voice, added in a scathing statement:

“Last week, I was moved to tears of joy when Democrats stood up and fought for progressive values and for Dreamers. Today, I am moved to tears of disappointment and anger that Democrats blinked."

Republicans reveled in what they saw as a definite political win.

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) called the shutdown a “massive political blunder” for Democrats,” adding that McConnell had not changed his position on bringing an immigration bill to the floor “at the right time.”

Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), a moderate, called it a “no-win” situation for the other side.

Several Senate Democrats felt the same way, pronouncing themselves disappointed with the deal Schumer accepted to end the shutdown.

“It’s a great disappointment to me and it’s a great disappointment to the more than 300,000 DACA young people in the state of California,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

“The strategy was to keep it fixed to a must-pass vehicle because there was great worry that the House was not going to pass it,” she said of any immigration legislation that might pass the Senate.

“I’m just very disappointed,” she said.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) who had been in lockstep with Schumer throughout the shutdown, panned the deal.

“I don’t see that there’s any reason — I’m speaking personally and hearing from my members — to support what was put forth,” she told reporters.

A fourth Democratic senator, who requested anonymity, said his colleagues didn’t want to prolong the standoff because they saw it as getting worse and worse.

“There was inexorable trajectory toward, ‘Now my anxiety is officially high, it’s a week later and what are we doing here?’” the lawmaker said.

However, despite all the naysayers, there was one Democrat willing to defend Schumer...

Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz who went on CNN Monday afternoon to try to spin the Democrats' loss over the government shutdown.

“What one thing did [Schumer] get, you know, from Republicans, to justify shutting down the government in the first place?” Baldwin asked.

DWS replied:

“The one thing, I would say, that [Schumer] did get is the potential for momentum.”

Baldwin looked stunned and asked if the “potential for momentum” was “really worth it to shut down the government?”

Wasserman Schultz responded, “Republicans should be asking that question because they shut it down. This is Trump’s shutdown.”

Baldwin just looked shocked.

Finally, as The Washington Examiner reports, a Democratic operative in Washington with ties to Senate leadership said on condition of anonymity, seemed to sum things up perfectly...

“It’s the stupidest damn thing I’ve ever seen,”

“This is what happens when the caucus gets ginned up and ready to go into battle without thinking through the repercussions.
sums up the D's perfectly...
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Now who's predicting the final outcome based on the halftime score?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:Now who's predicting the final outcome based on the halftime score?
keep us posted...might as well keep us posted on the russian collusion thing and the trump rape thing too... :zzz :zzz :zzz

D's got less than zero going on all accounts...

we already know most daca recipients will stay, wall will get funded, chain migration and lottery will end or be severely curtailed, merit based system of some sort will be implemented...

in any case dems will cry like a bunch of babies, file a bunch of frivolous lawsuits in the 9th circuit clown court that will be overturned by the supreme court...we've all seen this tired old story enough to know the outcome...
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:Now who's predicting the final outcome based on the halftime score?
keep us posted...might as well keep us posted on the russian collusion thing and the trump rape thing too... :zzz :zzz :zzz

D's got less than zero going on all accounts...

we already know most daca recipients will stay yep, the D's will insist, wall will get funded didn't Mexico already pay for that?, chain migration and lottery will end or be severely curtailed who needs family values anyway, merit based system of some sort will be implemented... is that because immigrants with advanced educations and skills won't displace Gump supporters?

in any case dems will cry like a bunch of babies, file a bunch of frivolous lawsuits in the 9th circuit clown court that will be overturned by the supreme court...we've all seen this tired old story enough to know the outcome...
Yeah, just like when the R's cried like colicky babies over ObamaCare
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Trust me, this "RAISE" act will make its way into any immigration deal....

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/i ... rt-to-help" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since 1965, U.S. immigration policy has prioritized nepotism—extended family relationships—over skills. As a result of our chain migration policies, the U.S. hands out over 1.1 million new green cards a year with approximately two-thirds going to immigrants who happen to have a family member in the country, regardless of that immigrant’s ability to assimilate and contribute to the economy. For some perspective, that is the equivalent of adding the entire population of Montana every year. Just one out of every 15 new immigrants are awarded green cards because of their skills.

The results are unsurprising. Decades of flooding the labor force with low-skilled workers has caused blue collar wages to flat-line or decrease. In many cases, most notably construction, new low-skilled immigrants have replaced blue collar Americans, especially native born minority males. A few years ago, the nonpartisan Center for Immigration Studies found that an astounding 51 percent of immigrant-headed households (legal and illegal) rely on at least one federal taxpayer-funded welfare program, compared to 30 percent of native households.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

The Dems are really cracking me up...."need to pass a clean DREAM act"..............LOL! Trump is going push their sh*t in.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... iny-334454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;