Stop birthright citizenship in exchange for DACA?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Stop birthright citizenship in exchange for DACA?

Post by Highway Star »

Is that a fair deal....? :banana:

End the 14th amendment....?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ending-bir ... tizenship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Stop birthright citizenship in exchange for DACA?

Post by Coydog »

Highway Star wrote:Is that a fair deal....? :banana:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ending-bir ... tizenship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throw in the 2nd Amendment and I'm pretty sure it would fly.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Coydog wrote:

I bet that is what the Dems would require. I would vote NO F***ing way.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Dickc wrote:
Coydog wrote:

You get to repeal one Amendment, me another. Seems fair.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Coydog wrote:
Dickc wrote:
Coydog wrote:

You get to repeal one Amendment, me another. Seems fair.
I would not repeal the 14th. I WOULD prefer to clarify the language to make sure that for your birth to be included under the 14th amendment, FROM THIS POINT ON, it would entail you being in the US with our blessing. If we let you in knowing you are pregnant, we bad. If you take a boat and land on our shores unannounced, you bad.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Actually, it doesn't take repealing the 14th to end birthright citizenship....

https://steveking.house.gov/media-cente ... -amendment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Highway Star wrote:Actually, it doesn't take repealing the 14th to end birthright citizenship....

https://steveking.house.gov/media-cente ... -amendment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I find this reasoning unconvincing.

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state where they reside.”

If I'm born in the US, I am subject to its jurisdiction unless or until I become naturalized in some other country. So I can be born in the US but not subject to its jurisdiction, hence the explicit inclusion of the clause "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof". The clause is not redundant as the author believes the counter argument implies.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Coydog wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Actually, it doesn't take repealing the 14th to end birthright citizenship....

I find this reasoning unconvincing.

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state where they reside.”

If I'm born in the US, I am subject to its jurisdiction unless or until I become naturalized in some other country. So I can be born in the US but not subject to its jurisdiction, hence the explicit inclusion of the clause "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof". The clause is not redundant as the author believes the counter argument implies.
The easy way to clarify that opinion that jurisdiction does not apply to undocumented children born here is to try and deport ONE, and ONLY ONE, and make it go to the Supreme court for resolution. I think Coydog is right and it will not fly. I think the way to fix birthright by being born here is another amendment that clarifies birthright such that your mother must be here LEGALLY, or your father perhaps is a citizen. That can mean a tourist visa, or some other visa that gives you a legal right to be here. If that visa has expired (you came on a tourist visa but overstayed it) your child is not eligible in any other way and an application for a visa must be made for them. We are the only country in the world that has this feature. I don't want to undo it any more than has to be done to fix the illegal immigrant problem.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:

yet you insist you aren't against the 2nd amendment...you've said this countless times...seems most of your posts here are not really serious but just to sh!t allover the board...

it's not possible to have a political conversation when your dialogue mostly consists of racist, russia, gump, the rich are giving crumbs, get rid of the second amendment...all ridiculous BS that no thinking people care about...I get it that you are a diehard D and that most D's are uninformed dopes who vote based on emotion, and while your emotion based arguments may work on them, people here know you, and your arguments are vacuous...it's virtually impossible to take anything you say here seriously...there's just no there, there...

there's a BIG difference between the bill of rights and the rest of the amendments that follow it...

follow that up with your exoneration of clinton saying "she simply used the wrong email address" and it's pretty clear you have no intellectual curiosity when it suits your needs or that you ignore that which you know is true in favor of that which you apparently wish was true...

yet of course you are sure of russian collusion, money laundering, racism and a whole host of unsubstantiated BS backed by zero evidence...gonna be along 8 years for you...and tin lizzie and the rest of the D bench ain't got a prayer in hell of unseating trump...virtually zero chance of the house and senate in 18 either...maybe they should run on repeal the 2nd A...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... ll-no-daca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump To Schumer: No Wall, No DACA

looks like another shumer shutdown coming up...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:Trump To Schumer: No Wall, No DACA
Why does Trump need money for the wall? I thought Mexico was paying for it :mrgreen:
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
yet you insist you aren't against the 2nd amendment...you've said this countless times...seems most of your posts here are not really serious but just to sh!t allover the board... Love the 2nd Amendment, protects our right to keep and bear arms which I agree is a personal right. It is completely silent on the right to use arms however, so presumably this falls to the States and as such, many have enacted various forms of regulation. The right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.

it's not possible to have a political conversation when your dialogue mostly consists of racist, russia, gump, the rich are giving crumbs, get rid of the second amendment...all ridiculous BS believe me, it's no picnic trying discussing actual facts with willfully ignorant Gump sycophants who would still vote for him even if he shot somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue that no hyper-partisan people care about...I get it that you are a diehard D and that most D's are uninformed dopes who vote based on emotion, and while your emotion based arguments may work on them, people here know you, and your arguments are vacuous...it's virtually impossible to take anything you say here seriously unlike those daily ZeroHedge diatribes...there's just no there, there...

there's a BIG difference between the bill of rights and the rest of the amendments that follow it... In what practical sense? Bill of Rights are the first 10 Amendments incorporated by the States. They generally entail the limitation of federal power, but they are still subject to the same amendment process like every other amendment. The only thing exempt is Article I, Section 3.

follow that up with your exoneration of clinton saying "she simply used the wrong email address" with all the endless investigations surely she must be locked up by now, no? talk about no "there there" and it's pretty clear you have no intellectual curiosity when it suits your needs or that you ignore that which you know is true in favor of that which you apparently wish was true... as opposed to the well worn right wing practice constantly on display in here of not changing their views based on the facts, but changing the facts based on their views

yet of course you are sure of russian collusion, money laundering, racism and a whole host of unsubstantiated BS backed by zero evidence Gump's campaign manager indicted, National Security Adviser found guilty of lying to the FBI about conversations with the Russians, another campaign adviser found guilty of lying about meetings with Russian intermediators, Gump's continual denial of Russian interference into our election and his own admission he fired Comey because of "that Russia thing" and now the rabidly absurd claim the FBI was actually trying to help Clinton get elected ...gonna be along 8 years for you...my big tax cut should help soften the blow and tin lizzie and the rest of the D bench ain't got a prayer in hell of unseating trump don't have to unseat, just oppose as necessary and let him placate himself with EOs ...virtually zero chance of the house and senate in 18 either yeah, good luck with that one...maybe they should run on repeal the 2nd A...
#MAGA
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
yet you insist you aren't against the 2nd amendment...you've said this countless times...seems most of your posts here are not really serious but just to sh!t allover the board... Love the 2nd Amendment, protects our right to keep and bear arms which I agree is a personal right. It is completely silent on the right to use arms however, so presumably this falls to the States and as such, many have enacted various forms of regulation. The right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.you don;t understand the definition of "bear" ...when an animal bears its teeth it is letting you know that if you don;t back off those teeth will be attached to your face soon...same w keep and bear arms...when one "bears" arms they are pointing them at you with intent to use them if necessary...thanks for playing though...

it's not possible to have a political conversation when your dialogue mostly consists of racist, russia, gump, the rich are giving crumbs, get rid of the second amendment...all ridiculous BS believe me, it's no picnic trying discussing actual facts with willfully ignorant Gump sycophants who would still vote for him even if he shot somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue you never present any "facts"that no hyper-partisan people care about...I get it that you are a diehard D and that most D's are uninformed dopes who vote based on emotion, and while your emotion based arguments may work on them, people here know you, and your arguments are vacuous...it's virtually impossible to take anything you say here seriously unlike those daily ZeroHedge diatribesclearly you have less than nothing to offer here,
ZH doesn't write the articles, but not reading them keeps you uninformed...
...there's just no there, there...you simply defended your fantasy ideology with more fantasy ideology...

there's a BIG difference between the bill of rights and the rest of the amendments that follow it... In what practical sense? Bill of Rights are the first 10 Amendments incorporated by the States. They generally entail the limitation of federal power, but they are still subject to the same amendment process like every other amendment. The only thing exempt is Article I, Section 3.good luck repealing ANY of the bill of rights....

follow that up with your exoneration of clinton saying "she simply used the wrong email address" with all the endless investigations surely she must be locked up by now, no? talk about no "there there" that you ignore the corruption at the FBI etc shows your complete lack of interest in reality if it doesn't suit your needs...the evidence was plain, failure to secure any classified material is a FELONY, intent is absolutely irrelevant...that comey and crew cooked up a new definition of the law is just more of the corruption, surely you can read...and it's pretty clear you have no intellectual curiosity when it suits your needs or that you ignore that which you know is true in favor of that which you apparently wish was true... as opposed to the well worn right wing practice constantly on display in here of not changing their views based on the facts, but changing the facts based on their views

yet of course you are sure of russian collusion, money laundering, racism and a whole host of unsubstantiated BS backed by zero evidence Gump's campaign manager indicted, National Security Adviser found guilty of lying to the FBI about conversations with the Russians, another campaign adviser found guilty of lying about meetings with Russian intermediators, Gump's continual denial of Russian interference into our election and his own admission he fired Comey because of "that Russia thing" and now the rabidly absurd claim the FBI was actually trying to help Clinton get elected ...gonna be along 8 years for you...my big tax cut should help soften the blow and tin lizzie and the rest of the D bench ain't got a prayer in hell of unseating trump don't have to unseat, just oppose as necessary and let him placate himself with EOs ...virtually zero chance of the house and senate in 18 either yeah, good luck with that one...maybe they should run on repeal the 2nd A...
gump gump bla bla two guys charged w something that has nothign to do with trump in any way...glad yer not this oblivious in person...

#MAGA
in the end the FBI obama and clinton cabal will all be exposed...that you actually refuse to even remotely acknowledge the level of corruption in favor of the idiotic russia narrative is rather baffling...in order to believe the stuff you post you;d have to be willfully ignorant of even the most basic facts...and you damn well know it too...I assume you just pretend to believe these things as no thinking adult actually would believe them...
mach es sehr schnell