Plan to give away FREE FOOD. Leftists flip out completely.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Plan to give away FREE FOOD. Leftists flip out completely.

Post by Highway Star »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... 5?lo=ap_b1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:violin
Last edited by Highway Star on Feb 13th, '18, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Plan to give away FREE FOOD. Leftists filp out complete

Post by madhatter »

been saying forever we should be giving them FOOD not money...put "stores" in areas where the EBT user density dictates...public trans to get em there is already available...there can even be "meals ready to eat" for those who don't have somewhere to cook and store distributed food...

like anythign else there will be snafu's to be dealt with...but giving FOOD to those who need it most especially healthy food, is far preferable to just giving over money or EBT cards that can be used frivilously or traded for pennies on the dollar...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:been saying forever we should be giving them FOOD not money...put "stores" in areas where the EBT user density dictates...public trans to get em there is already available...there can even be "meals ready to eat" for those who don't have somewhere to cook and store distributed food...

like anythign else there will be snafu's to be dealt with...but giving FOOD to those who need it most especially healthy food, is far preferable to just giving over money or EBT cards that can be used frivilously or traded for pennies on the dollar...
:like agree 100%
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Plan to give away FREE FOOD. Leftists flip out complete

Post by Highway Star »

Leftists right now:

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Kpdemello wrote:
madhatter wrote:been saying forever we should be giving them FOOD not money...put "stores" in areas where the EBT user density dictates...public trans to get em there is already available...there can even be "meals ready to eat" for those who don't have somewhere to cook and store distributed food...

In theory I agree with the concept. I do question if we can get these boxes to the point of delivery and actually save anything... especially when taking into consideration the need to customize these boxes for reasons such as allergies, non meat eaters etc. If we can't do that, I could see there being a lot of waste.

I don't know how much inefficiency there is in the current system, (and I hate to sound like I am judging) but it was frustrating to me once to see someone using an EBT card for food, and then in the next transaction using cash for packs of cigarettes, and for the food cart to be filled up with soda, sugar cereal etc etc.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:

In theory I agree with the concept. I do question if we can get these boxes boxes ain't gonna cut it...to the point of delivery and actually save anything... especially when taking into consideration the need to customize these boxes for reasons such as allergies, non meat eatersunless it's an allergy tough sh!t...you don't have the luxury of that choice...though having a store would largely negate that fact... etc. again have a store stocked with staples etc...in high ebt usage concentrated areas...you want stuff the store don't have? find a way to pay for it... If we can't do that, I could see there being a lot of waste.

I don't know how much inefficiency there is in the current system, (and I hate to sound like I am judging) oh please PC principal isn;t real,
it;s ok to question improprieties...
but it was frustrating to me once to see someone using an EBT card for food, and then in the next transaction using cash for packs of cigarettes, and for the food cart to be filled up with soda, sugar cereal etc etc.
beggars don;t get to be choosers...and they certainly shouldn't dictate to those who provided them with sustenance as to what that sustenance shall be...

there won't be any lobsters, filet mignon,etc...there will be lots of rice and beans, cheap cuts of beef and pork, chicken etc...fresh local produce ( much of which can be donated from surplus etc....)and there shouldn't be much in the way of processed foods either...

if the goal is to actually FEED those who need to be fed we can do it much more efficiently effectively and healthfully...

if the goal is simply to purchase votes this whole idea is useless...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

I agree if there is a chance of making it viable it would have to be some sort of store concept.... that would help reduce the issue of food selection for allergies or otherwise. If someone can’t have peanut butter they don’t get it. If someone does not eat beef they pick something else. This would reduce waste as compared to shipping boxes.

If the model had to be shipping boxes, I’d guess shipping costs alone would make it not viable.
Don't Killington Pico
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Why don't they just give away free staple foods to everybody in the country?

Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Complete sh*t. This is never happening. Walmart and gang will never let this happen. Pure click bait by GOP.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus