And Powell is history...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

And Powell is history...

Post by DMC »

shock!!!
NOT!!!
The dudes been politcally emasculated....
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Re: And Powell is history...

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:shock!!!
NOT!!!
Sad way to (probably) end an otherwise fine career.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC
Post Office

Re: And Powell is history...

Post by DMC »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC wrote:shock!!!
NOT!!!
Sad way to (probably) end an otherwise fine career.
I doubt that... The dude is really smart... He can find a private sector job where people actually value his opinion in a NY second..
rpuck
Black Carver

Post by rpuck »

many of the cabinent members will leave after one term because the job pays very little and is very stressfull. Also they can make much more money in the private sector. Thus a large turnover before a second term is not unusual. Also a president asks for everyones resignment letter and then re-highers them
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

He will be just fine.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:He will be just fine.
I read an interview with him once... Was pretty impressed...
In his spare time he restores Volvos...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Should have said the end of his public service career. His autobiography's a good read btw.....

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

My Brother was his Doctor during the first Gulf War.. Powel pinned him for his Lt Colonel.. My Mom and Dad have the picture of my bro and Powel on the mantel.... Right next to the picture of me pulling a backscratcher off of a mogul... In my favorite tiedie on a sunny spring day...
From what I hear - Powels wife is against him being in high public service...
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:My Brother was his Doctor during the first Gulf War.. Powel pinned him for his Lt Colonel.. My Mom and Dad have the picture of my bro and Powel on the mantel.... Right next to the picture of me pulling a backscratcher off of a mogul... In my favorite tiedie on a sunny spring day...
cool

Not that this compares but my buddy, a blackhawk pilot has a picture of him in Iraq in his chopper with Selma Hyack. They are both wearing the flight helmets, looks real cool.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
DMC wrote:My Brother was his Doctor during the first Gulf War.. Powel pinned him for his Lt Colonel.. My Mom and Dad have the picture of my bro and Powel on the mantel.... Right next to the picture of me pulling a backscratcher off of a mogul... In my favorite tiedie on a sunny spring day...
cool

Not that this compares but my buddy, a blackhawk pilot has a picture of him in Iraq in his chopper with Selma Hyack. They are both wearing the flight helmets, looks real cool.
I'd take Selma in a blackhawk over Collin in an airforce hanger any day of the week... :lol:
Also had a chance to meet Chaney - pre Vice Pres days... But I couldnt make it... Chaney pinned him for the "full bird"
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
cool

I'd take Selma in a blackhawk over Collin in an airforce hanger any day of the week... :lol:
Also had a chance to meet Chaney - pre Vice Pres days... But I couldnt make it... Chaney pinned him for the "full bird"
That must have been a great experience, I left the Army as a Captain in 2003.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:
DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
cool

My Brother is a "Full bird" in the AF and his wife is a "Full Bird" in the Army.. :)

They retire in a couple of years...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
DMC wrote:
Pedro wrote:
cool

My Brother is a "Full bird" in the AF and his wife is a "Full Bird" in the Army.. :)

They retire in a couple of years...
Your family's for the birds :D

Just wondering, is it normal for the Chairman of JCOS to pin a light colonel and the Veep to pin a bird colonel?

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

If the person was their personal Doc - it's probably more of a personal favor.. Not the rule...

Also Chaney want VP then...
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:If the person was their personal Doc - it's probably more of a personal favor.. Not the rule...

Also Chaney want VP then...
Yeah, you can have whoever you want do it, my parents pinned my lieutenant bars on and my uncle bob pinned my captains bars on. If you want the the joint cheifs or the VP to promote you, i think you have to know some people :D