ABC apologizes for steamy MNF intro

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

ABC apologizes for steamy MNF intro

Post by DMC »

I saw this and thought it was pretty funny... I mean - you couldnt see anything... This is SOOOOO "Red State"....
Come on people... Where's your friggin sense of humour??? This is not a good road to take...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/f ... ml?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (AP) -- ABC's "desperate" bid at cross-promotion backfired on Monday Night Football.

The network's steamy intro to the Philadelphia-Dallas game, featuring a naked Nicollette Sheridan jumping into the arms of Eagles receiver Terrell Owens, drew complaints from viewers and the NFL.

ABC Sports apologized Tuesday for the segment, used a day earlier to promote the hit show Desperate Housewives and broadcast just nine months after another football flap -- the Janet Jackson Super Bowl fiasco.

"We have heard from many of our viewers about last night's 'MNF' opening segment and we agree that the placement was inappropriate," ABC Sports said in a statement.

The NFL called the intro "inappropriate and unsuitable for our Monday Night Football audience."

"While ABC may have gained attention for one of its other shows, the NFL and its fans lost," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

The spot showed Owens and Sheridan in an empty locker room, with Sheridan wearing only a towel and provocatively asking Owens to skip the game for her.

After she dropped her towel, he smiled, agreed to be late for the contest and she jumped into his arms. Sheridan was shown only from behind and above the waist after she dropped the towel.

Then the shot panned out to two more stars of Desperate Housewives, Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman, watching the scene unfold on a television and commenting on desperate women.

The Eagles said they appreciated ABC Sports' apology.

"It is normal for teams to cooperate with ABC in the development of an opening for its broadcast," the team said. "After seeing the final piece, we wish it hadn't aired."

ABC has broadcast Monday Night Football with a 5-second delay this season, a precaution after Jackson's wardrobe malfunction at February's Super Bowl.

At halftime of that game, Justin Timberlake ripped off part of Jackson's brassiere, exposing her right breast to a TV audience of some 90 million. The Super Bowl was broadcast on CBS, which was fined a record $550,000 by the FCC.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

I googled it and didn't find any video, what the hell?
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Yeah, it was harmless.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... ate_fcc_dc

"First of all, as a legal matter, whether it's a problem is yet to be determined. We only respond to complaints and evaluate them fairly and make a decision," Powell said in an interview with CNBC.
"But I think it's very disappointing. I wonder if Walt Disney would be proud," Powell added.

Powell should follow his old man out of the public eye...
Enough with this lame jerk...
uberskier
Beginner On Rentals

Post by uberskier »

People just need to lighten up.
Uberskier
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I saw it and didn't understand why they had shown that at the beginning of the telecast. I had not recognized Nicolette Sheridan as one of the characters from Desperate Housewives. I did recognize the other two that made a comment. I realize now that it was a plug for their show but at the time I was doing something else while watching so I didn't make the connection.
Bill Clinton
Green Skidder

Post by Bill Clinton »

It got me all hot! Woo hoo!
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too