Iraqis outraged by video of Marine killing man in raid

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC, you seem to be so easily influenced by the media.

I'm not going to lie to you and try to say that the people over there like us.

They hate us.

They hated us before.

They will continue to hate us.

Sure, Bush could have done a better job with the Propoganda campaign.

But who are these soldiers? Typically, smart guys like YOU are too smart to get themselves over there. How emotionally well adjusted do you think you would be after seeing people blown up for months?

But how much influence does that guy have on the Iraqis?

I would say not as much as he does on your perceptions, since the Iraqis really don't watch as much news as you do. They are not media whores LOL!

Tell me, what's going on in the Ivory Coast? What's your perception of the FRENCH? Do you care?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:You are taking this all in such the wrong cpontext. You are looking at it with such short sightedness. I know you are a smart guy and I don't mean that in a condescending way. You are looking at it in the context of 2 years or maybe even a decade. I think you have to look at this in the context of a thousand years or more to grasp any of the meaning of it.
WTF is that supposed to mean?? I'm not shot sighted..
I believe the way we are approaching this whole Iraq/Middle East thing is short sighted... You ask me to look 1000 years into the future... How about looking 1000 years into the past...??? The western world vs. the Moslems... Scarey stuff... Moslems still harken back to the crusades and the inquisitions... It's their culture...

We went into Falluja to stop the insurgents.... We blew up their buildings and cleaned them out... Great job! Seriously... I mean that -
BUT
It's like squeezing jello... You may have some left in your hand but most slips out through your fingers...
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:DMC, you seem to be so easily influenced by the media.

I'm not going to lie to you and try to say that the people over there like us.

They hate us.

They hated us before.

They will continue to hate us.

Sure, Bush could have done a better job with the Propoganda campaign.

But who are these soldiers? Typically, smart guys like YOU are too smart to get themselves over there. How emotionally well adjusted do you think you would be after seeing people blown up for months?

But how much influence does that guy have on the Iraqis?

I would say not as much as he does on your perceptions, since the Iraqis really don't watch as much news as you do. They are not media whores LOL!

Tell me, what's going on in the Ivory Coast? What's your perception of the FRENCH? Do you care?
First of all... I agree that one guy doesnt make the whole US bad... But I'm not the guy that needs convincing...
Second of all - I care about the Ivory Coast more then you know... The French suck... But they are a world power - and I really would like to go to the table with them and hash things out...
Third - Egypt and Syria hated us... Now they are moderate... We need more moderate Islamic countries to try and get the zealots to cool out...
We can't do it...
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:But who are these soldiers? Typically, smart guys like YOU are too smart to get themselves over there. How emotionally well adjusted do you think you would be after seeing people blown up for months?
I know for a fact it F's them up... I supported a Video application for Walter Reed that did distance psych stuff for troops overseas...

I know a lot more then I let on to...
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:But who are these soldiers? Typically, smart guys like YOU are too smart to get themselves over there. How emotionally well adjusted do you think you would be after seeing people blown up for months?
I know for a fact it F's them up... I supported a Video application for Walter Reed that did distance psych stuff for troops overseas...

I never accused you of being ignorant. Only not taking your knowledge to the next level at times.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:
DMC wrote:

I never accused you of being ignorant. Only not taking your knowledge to the next level at times.
Well- maybe we just have a difference of opinion.. ;) I don't think we can do this thing without more moderate Muslims joining in... And as long as the PERCIEVE us as against them... We'll never get them onboard..
Does it go against GWB's Texas political swagger...??? YES.. But I dont agree with the way he does stuff... My opinion...

Besides I signed a HIPPA waiver... So there's lots of stuff I legally cant discuss...
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

I believe the way we are approaching this whole Iraq/Middle East thing is short sighted... You ask me to look 1000 years into the future... How about looking 1000 years into the past...???
That is what I'm talking about

The western world vs. the Moslems... Scarey stuff... Moslems still harken back to the crusades and the inquisitions... It's their culture...

And ours....

We went into Falluja to stop the insurgents.... We blew up their buildings and cleaned them out... Great job! Seriously... I mean that -
BUT
It's like squeezing jello... You may have some left in your hand but most slips out through your fingers...

Sometimes you are so damn RIGHT ON! You have the understanding that we are in for a long, tedious campaign. And then you can turn around and complain that there is not a quick fix.

[/b]
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:
Besides I signed a HIPPA waiver... So there's lots of stuff I legally cant discuss...
???

[/img]http://www1.ncaa.org/eprise/main/member ... hippa.html
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

DMC wrote:Does it go against GWB's Texas political swagger...??? YES.. But I dont agree with the way he does stuff... My opinion...
What I can't understand is people that haven't figured out that this transcends Bush. How can you say at one point that it is about 1,000 years of history and then Reduce it to a Texas Swagger! ROFL!!!!
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:
DMC wrote:Does it go against GWB's Texas political swagger...??? YES.. But I dont agree with the way he does stuff... My opinion...
What I can't understand is people that haven't figured out that this transcends Bush. How can you say at one point that it is about 1,000 years of history and then Reduce it to a Texas Swagger! ROFL!!!!
What does one thing have to do with the other??
Seriosuly...?
In my opinion - Bush is making it worse... By being stubborn and "holding his course"...

I'm more like Powell or even his Dad... There's no room for my opinions in this thing...
So maybe I should just shut up and pray.
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Some things get worse before they get better. Your riding the CNN train, buddy. It all seems worse when you look out that window.

Every move the guy has made is not the right one. But the direction is right. Stop worrying so much about what people think about US. Its funny that you care about that so much, because I KNOW you don't care that much about how people think about yourself - and that is not meant to be an indictment.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

CAPBOY wrote:Some things get worse before they get better. Your riding the CNN train, buddy. It all seems worse when you look out that window.

Every move the guy has made is not the right one. But the direction is right. Stop worrying so much about what people think about US. Its funny that you care about that so much, because I KNOW you don't care that much about how people think about yourself - and that is not meant to be an indictment.
I am not a country..

I'm just an American - with an opinion... Who tends to side with moderates... Like Powell... God - I'm going to miss that guy...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:Some things get worse before they get better. Your riding the CNN train, buddy. It all seems worse when you look out that window.

I am not a country..

I'm just an American - with an opinion... Who tends to side with moderates... Like Powell... God - I'm going to miss that guy...
Maybe not gone:

Powell-Rice 2008, has a nice ring to it...and Image can kiss the White House goodbye if that ticket materializes
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Powell will NEVER run for president.. Your kiddin yourself if you think so...
He and Condi are like oil and vinigar.. He has a senseabilty that was created from being a soldier and working his way up the ranks...
She is Bush's lapdog, yesman...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC wrote:Powell will NEVER run for president.. Your kiddin yourself if you think so...
He and Condi are like oil and vinigar.. He has a senseabilty that was created from being a soldier and working his way up the ranks...
She is Bush's lapdog, yesman...
Ever hear of the saying "Politics make for strange bedfellows", never say never, wait I just did I have to stop now and take my medication :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage